Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Security" Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2008, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
"Security" Questions

Just had to do the "security questions" before logging in. Is that stuff REALLY necessary? Eh.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 6:41 am

About as necessary as a thread on them.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by mtparadis
About as necessary as a thread on them.
ZING!
Old Jun 12, 2008, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Did you see the security question that asked who your favorite moderator is on FT?
Old Jun 12, 2008, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
Did you see the security question that asked who your favorite moderator is on FT?

I guess we can assume MikeyZBT's answer to that question since this thread hasn't been closed...
Old Jun 12, 2008, 3:37 pm

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???
I got the security questions page, answered the questions, but it keeps bringing me back to the page to answer the questions again.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Lane412000
I got the security questions page, answered the questions, but it keeps bringing me back to the page to answer the questions again.
prob need to enable cookies for the site.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 5:15 pm

Exclamation DL RPU is getting smarter...

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Just had to do the "security questions" before logging in. Is that stuff REALLY necessary? Eh.

Another layer of security to ensure that you are the person to whom the SM account was issued are the one and same person using the account to obtain award tix -- you think?

Seems there are a growing number of unscruplous individuals who think that buying, selling, bartering Skymiles, Certificates, Vouchers, Upgrades, et al, on Craigslist and eBay and or even otherwise 'trading' Skymiles, Certificates, Vouchers, UGs, et al, on FT's 'Coupon connection' is okay with Delta.

Guess again. It's NOT okay, so their RPU peanut-brains are putting in another way to nail those who are engaged in this sort of behavior.

They want YOU to use the miles for yourself or for IMMEDIATE family members for shopping online for stuff rather than trying to use them to fly anywhere, and to bid on their auctions for junk, or donate them to a bona fide charity or just let them expire.

The other airlines do much of what DL does and DL does much of what the other carriers do. The days of being independent and unique airlines is OVER.
They are cooperating with each other to put the thumb-screws to many tricks people used to pursue.

They've even adding a required overnight Saturday stay for most award tix as well as working to eliminate the "turn-arounds' the Mileage-Runners used
to be able to complete, by dramatic changes on the return-side of the craft.

In other words,-- the jig is up -- they're getting smart to the tricks and antics of the FT tricksters.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA
It's still asking for my email address even though I've entered it three times.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
I got the security questions too. I was arranging an award ticket for a friend to fly in from Paris and meet me in SF. Since we don't have the same last name, will he have difficulty when he gets to the airport? What should I tell him he might have to deal with?
Old Jun 12, 2008, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by Lane412000

Yes it did this to me to, but then I figured it out. Did you click enter?

YOU CANNOT CLICK ENTER ON YOUR KEYBOARD. You must click on "GO" with your mouse, otherwise it does not work. Why? I have no idea
Old Jun 12, 2008, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Frankly, as one who "manages" the SkyMiles accounts of my wife and several college aged children, I find these security questions to be a real PIA. Obviously, the security questions selected have to be answerable by the account owner, but now I have to remember such memorable things as my father in-law's middle name and my wife's favorite childhood best friend.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM
I just love how banks and now airlines are asking me all these personal questions that unscrupulous employees can use to even better pretend that they are me...can you say identity theft!

I just have a phrase I use for all of those questions, regardless of the question. Here is an example, but not the one I use:

"delta, i don't answer stupid questions like this"

I use the same phrase for everything on one site. Substitute the first word for each site, so they don't have the same phrase.

-=tg=-
Old Jun 12, 2008, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by DLATL777
YOU CANNOT CLICK ENTER ON YOUR KEYBOARD. You must click on "GO" with your mouse, otherwise it does not work. Why? I have no idea
I had a similar problem with that HH MQM bonus last month and it cost me 3000 MQM before I realized I wasn't signed up. I guess the same people made this site even though the other was hhonors.com
Old Jun 13, 2008, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Boston_Bulldog
They've even adding a required overnight Saturday stay for most award tix
Do we have a thread on this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.