DL is inauguration from SLC-CDG today

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
DL is inauguration from SLC-CDG today

Hi all,

DL is inauguration from SLC-CDG-SLC today but, the loads has been extremely performing very well. Hopefully if DL will increased the frequency for SLC-CDG in the future. I knows DL will be reduction the frequencies during fall/winter 2008/2009 seasonal but, DL will bring it back increased to become dailies flights. Here the press releasable from DL has came in today for SLC-CDG:

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/080602/143884.html

Delta Launches First Trans-Atlantic Flight From Salt Lake City With Nonstop Service to Paris
Monday June 2, 1:00 pm ET
New flight positions Delta as the only U.S. carrier to operate nonstop service to French capital from the Western United States

SALT LAKE CITY, June 2, 2008 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- Delta Air Lines (NYSEAL - News), today begins nonstop service between Salt Lake City International Airport and Paris Charles de Gaulle International Airport. The flights, operating as part of Delta's joint venture with SkyTeam partner Air France, will be the first trans-Atlantic service ever offered by any airline from Salt Lake City and will be the only nonstop service operated by a U.S. carrier between the Western United States and Paris.
Hopefully if DL will continuation to bring more capacity growth at SLC hub. If DL is considered more new predictions routes is SLC-LGW/LHR/NRT and along others specific routes. Thanks all.

Regards
Old Jun 2, 2008, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL FO...ex-PM, GM...does it really even matter these days? LOL...
and will be the only nonstop service operated by a U.S. carrier between the Western United States and Paris.

Is this true? No other US carriers fly from LAX, SFO, or SEA to CDG?
Old Jun 2, 2008, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by N808DE
and will be the only nonstop service operated by a U.S. carrier between the Western United States and Paris.

Is this true? No other US carriers fly from LAX, SFO, or SEA to CDG?
Just AF.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RobertS975
Just AF.
Correct!!
Old Jun 2, 2008, 4:24 pm

Wirelessly posted (8900a/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6) UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

I'm currently in 17F on the first flight! Large party at the gate, with food from local French restaurants and an accordian player. Gov. Huntsman made an appearance too. Will post pictures in the Trip Report forum when I'm on the other side!
Old Jun 2, 2008, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MastaHanky
Wirelessly posted (8900a/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6) UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

I'm currently in 17F on the first flight! Large party at the gate, with food from local French restaurants and an accordian player. Gov. Huntsman made an appearance too. Will post pictures in the Trip Report forum when I'm on the other side!
Good luck! You gonna need it. Hopefully if your flight is successful from SLC-CDG tonight. You doesn't want some experienced the turbulence all the way to CDG. Please filled those trip report details for me. Thanks, friends.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 6:06 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver

Large party at the gate, with food from local French restaurants and an accordian player.
Be thankful that the mime called in sick.
Enjoy the trip, I envy you!
Old Jun 2, 2008, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

DL170 is already on their way from SLC-CDG but, it will be arrived in CDG by 30 minutes early instead of 11:15am. Its will be estimated time around 10:45am in Paris time. Hopefully if the flight is successful from SLC-CDG nonstop. Please keep following the flight trackers for me. Thanks all.

Regards
Old Jun 3, 2008, 7:53 am

Pictures and description of the arrival of the first jet from Paris at SLC:
http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_9460289

According to the article, economic development officials in Salt Lake claim that the nonstop flight has already resulted in a French cosmetics company deciding to locate its US distribution center in Utah, resulting in 300 new jobs.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 9:07 am

Programs: DL GM

Can you mention it here, too? Or a link? I don't always get to the Trip Report forum.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Starwood Gold, HHonors Gold
Was sitting in 5G for the inaugural CDG - SLC DL171 flight on Monday. Nice bon voyage in Paris with croissants and coffee, speeches, and ribbon cutting. FA's were very enthusiastic as it was a Salt Lake City-based crew. To add to the fun we had a fantastic view of the SE Greenland mountains and glaciers on the way over.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 1:05 pm

From the description of the route given in this article http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...231276,00.html it sounds like a LOT more fun than the boring trans-Atlantic nighttime crossing you get if you first fly to New York. If I ever end up on the flight, I will have to remember to book window instead of my typical aisle seat.

The load factor sounds good, also. If it holds up, I hope that it will encourage Delta to eventually also schedule a nonstop to London -- either Gatwick or Heathrow will do, or even Luton or Stanstead.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by GivenRandy
Can you mention it here, too? Or a link? I don't always get to the Trip Report forum.
Has the report been posted yet?
Old Jun 3, 2008, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
No, not yet but, he hasn't posts those trip reports details yet. He should need given them more times. If he can write those trip reports shortly. Just to be patience for while. He will give it chance if he will writing these trip reports.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
I just posted it here. Enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.