Search

Avis / Hilton Combo Promo

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2008, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Avis / Hilton Combo Promo

Just saw this in my e-mail:

(REGISTRATION REQUIRED - see link provided by Mrp Alert)

Summer is the time for school vacations, beach getaways and a very hot SkyMiles® partners offer.

Enjoy 2,500 bonus miles every time you rent a car with Avis and stay at a Hilton Family hotel between May 28 and June 30, 2008. If you prefer, you can transfer your Hilton HHonors® points to your SkyMiles account and that counts as a Hilton activity too. Best of all, you'll be earning these 2,500 bonus miles in addition to the miles you would normally earn using these partners.

Have a Happy SkyMiles summer! Enjoy 2,500 bonus miles every time you rent a car with Avis and stay at a Hilton Family hotel (or transfer your Hilton HHonors points) between May 28 and June 30, 2008.

Terms & Conditions

This offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, discount number, or coupon at Avis and Hilton. To participate in this offer, you must be a SkyMiles member and have a qualifying stay at both a Hilton Family hotel AND a qualifying rental at a participating Avis airport location in the United States/Canada with a minimum 1 day length of rental on a daily, weekly, or weekend rates in any car group between May 28, 2008 and June 30, 2008. A qualifying stay and qualifying rental is defined as any stay and rental at any participating Avis airport location and any participating Hilton Family hotel begun between May 28 and June 30, 2008, where such stay and rental is eligible to earn miles. To earn miles for your stays at Hilton Family hotels, you must provide your HHonors and SkyMiles account numbers when making your reservations and at check-in.

Allow 4 to 6 weeks after qualification for bonus miles to be posted to your SkyMiles account. All SkyMiles rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Please refer Delta customer service representative to 970915.

Additional terms and conditions apply, see offer for full details.

Last edited by ExitRowAisle; May 29, 2008 at 7:31 am Reason: Added "REGISTRATION REQUIRED"
Old May 29, 2008, 2:00 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
See this link for details. It does appear to be that you must credit both your Hilton stay and Avis rental to SkyMiles to be eligible for this promotion. The T&C also infer that if you use a coupon like 5,000 miles for a 4-day rental, you will not receive this promotion. I am going to try it out this week where I return an Avis rental on the same day that I check into a Hilton Garden Inn. The rental cities won't match the hotel city, but the T&Cs don't specifically require this. As I am using the Avis 5,000 bonus SkyMiles coupon, it will be interesting to see what ultimately posts.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:18 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
New change to the T&Cs:
Enjoy 2,500 bonus miles every time you rent a car with Avis AND stay at a Hilton Family hotel between May 28 and June 30, 2008. If you prefer, you can transfer your Hilton HHonors® points to your SkyMiles account and that counts as a Hilton activity too.

Hmm... Reward Code: RXADL - 10,000 HHonors Points for 1,000+2,500 = 3,500 Delta Airline Miles if requested during an Avis rental. Not a great deal unless one has excess HHonors Points and needs to top off their DL account.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 6:45 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, Avis First
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
See this link for details. It does appear to be that you must credit both your Hilton stay and Avis rental to SkyMiles to be eligible for this promotion. The T&C also infer that if you use a coupon like 5,000 miles for a 4-day rental, you will not receive this promotion. I am going to try it out this week where I return an Avis rental on the same day that I check into a Hilton Garden Inn. The rental cities won't match the hotel city, but the T&Cs don't specifically require this. As I am using the Avis 5,000 bonus SkyMiles coupon, it will be interesting to see what ultimately posts.
I'm going to test the Avis 5000 coupon as well. But during this period I'll have 3 Avis rentals (a 4 day and two 1 day) and 2 Hilton stays, so it may be hard to figure out if it affects it or not. Nonetheless, still a nice promo.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 6:55 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Hmm... Reward Code: RXADL - 10,000 HHonors Points for 1,000+2,500 = 3,500 Delta Airline Miles if requested during an Avis rental. Not a great deal unless one has excess HHonors Points and needs to top off their DL account.
Agreed... Most (if not all) would be much better off using the points for HH Rewards Stays.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
Originally Posted by csgoalie
I'm going to test the Avis 5000 coupon as well. But during this period I'll have 3 Avis rentals (a 4 day and two 1 day) and 2 Hilton stays, so it may be hard to figure out if it affects it or not. Nonetheless, still a nice promo.
Are you saying that we can get both Avis 5000 and Avis+Hilton? That'll be nice.

WJ
Old Jul 1, 2008, 9:13 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
I managed to pull off two week-long Avis rentals and two Hilton stays in June. So far I have 5,500 miles from Avis (rental ended June 12, miles posted June 24), and 500 miles from Hilton (stay ended June 25, miles posted June 23 according to my SM activity).

So far everything looks good. I don't expect the 2,500 for a little while yet. In all I should end up with something like 17,000 bonus miles out of the deal.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 11:20 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Originally Posted by PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA
I managed to pull off two week-long Avis rentals and two Hilton stays in June. So far I have 5,500 miles from Avis (rental ended June 12, miles posted June 24), and 500 miles from Hilton (stay ended June 25, miles posted June 23 according to my SM activity).

So far everything looks good. I don't expect the 2,500 for a little while yet. In all I should end up with something like 17,000 bonus miles out of the deal.
All my miles have posted. I ended up with 16,600 SkyMiles for my 2 week-long Avis rentals and 2 Two-night stays (one at Hilton Garden Inn and one at Hampton Inn). I could have received 96 more miles but I forgot to change my earning preference from fixed miles (500 at Hiltons and HGIs but 100 at Hampton) to Variable miles (I would have earned 196 miles for my Hampton stay instead of the 100 I earned).

I figure that 16,600 miles isn't bad for two business trips that did not include any flights at all. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.