Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 777 Domestic

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2008, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DM Delta, PE Lifetime Marriott Rewards
Question Delta 777 Domestic

Hi Everyone! New member here as this is my first post . Anyway, I'm looking to experience more of Delta's 777 with a domestic round trip. Last month, I was on ATL-LAX 777, and also hitched a ride from ATL to JFK on the 777 that was continuing to Mumbai (wish I could've stayed on board for that long haul!). So, I've searched and searched the website and even downloaded the timetables to search them, but I can't figure out where the 777's have gone! I even took the chance of chatting with an Agent online when booking another ticket to see if they could lookup any domestic flight on a 777, but I was told it wasn't possible for them to do so. Any help on this search would be greatly appreciated!
Old Apr 19, 2008, 9:21 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Yea, I was actually going to start a thread myself, but I am glad you did. It appears the Domestic 777's run, specifically the ATL-LAX-ATL runs are gone once we hit May. I have searched after the 12th on dozens of different days and it seems that the flight slot is replaced with a 757. Anyone care to comment?
Old Apr 19, 2008, 9:26 pm
J-M
Suspended

It may have to do with the mx schedules of the 777. If one is scheduled for heavy mx, they may not have the spare available to do the LAX run like they have the past few months.

BTW, if anyone can read this please respond or shoot me a PM. Something has been up lately with FT and people haven't been able to view my posts... bug or something?
Old Apr 19, 2008, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, 2+MM, AA Gold 1+MM, HH Diamond, MHG Silver,
I am sure an insider will give a more accurate response, but my guess is that the 777's are going to be all on international routes once the summer travel season hits.

Too bad - it's a great ride!

L2F
Old Apr 19, 2008, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by lov2fly
I am sure an insider will give a more accurate response, but my guess is that the 777's are going to be all on international routes once the summer travel season hits.

Too bad - it's a great ride!

L2F
Correct, the T7's are pretty much dedicated to long haul overseas routes. Generally, there was ATL - LAX - ATL service Wed - Sun. It seems as though the frequency has increased since the 77L's were added. I would imagine DL will have better use for the T7's once the summer season comes around. I'm sure more info will follow shortly... Perhaps JFK - NRT???
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
Correct, the T7's are pretty much dedicated to long haul overseas routes. Generally, there was ATL - LAX - ATL service Wed - Sun. It seems as though the frequency has increased since the 77L's were added. I would imagine DL will have better use for the T7's once the summer season comes around. I'm sure more info will follow shortly... Perhaps JFK - NRT???
For as long as I can remember, the 777 (DL 152-LAX-ATL, DL 35 (formerly DL 189) ATL-LAX) operated everyday but Saturday. DL 35 is flying back to LAX tomorrow, or at least that's what my itin says...
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by N515CR
For as long as I can remember, the 777 (DL 152-LAX-ATL, DL 35 (formerly DL 189) ATL-LAX) operated everyday but Saturday. DL 35 is flying back to LAX tomorrow, or at least that's what my itin says...
Yea, but look ahead to May. After the 1st week or so, I cannot find a single 777 domestic flight through all the summer months.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 11:07 pm

According to the schedule, the 777 to LAX is Discontinued on Apr. 28
Curently the LAX t7 went:

TLV-ATL-LAX-ATL-TLV

Not sure what they now plan to do with the 777 that comes in from TLV as the scheduled arrival is 5:35am.

They may send it back out to NRT (a 10:15 departure) but they may just leave it on the ground.

In respect to the upcoming 777 schedule:

MORNING DEPARTURE
ICN changes to x37 (not on Wed/Sun) with an 11:20am departure and a 7:00pm arrival back to ATL.
PVG is every day with a 9:55am departure and a 6:15pm arrival back into ATL.
NRT is daily with a 10:15am departure and a 3:10pm arrival back at ATL.

EVENING DEPARTURE
DXB changes to x1 (not on Mon) starting May 2. It has a 9:05pm departure and a 6:40 am arrival back to ATL.
GRU goes to a 777 27 (Tues/Sun only) with a 7:40pm departure and an 8:45am arrival back to ATL.
TVL goes to x4 (not on Thurs) with a 10:40pm departure and a 5:35am arrival back in ATL.

Not sure the rotation schedule of the 8 planes as only PVG and NRT run every day and they are obviously not the same planes. ClipperDelta did one last year but the routes are different now... PVG replaces BOM and GRU is a new flight.

Obviously the 2 77L's do JFK-BOM-JFK.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 6:20 am

Programs: DL Diamond, CO Gold, US Silver, Natl Exec, Hertz #1, Avis Preferred, Elite w/ All US Hotel Programs
Deleted...
Old Apr 20, 2008, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by N515CR
I think DL189 was also scheduled on a 757 for Tuesday inaddition to Saturdays.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 9:22 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Not sure what they now plan to do with the 777 that comes in from TLV as the scheduled arrival is 5:35am.

They may send it back out to NRT (a 10:15 departure) but they may just leave it on the ground.
It does seem likely that they will just park them when not in international use, given high fuel prices and another domestic capacity pulldown.

David
Old Apr 20, 2008, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DiverDave
given high fuel prices
But aren't they more fuel efficient on a per passenger basis than the alternatives?
Old Apr 20, 2008, 9:56 am

Only if they fill it. What's the load like on the domestic 777s?
Old Apr 20, 2008, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by alanh
Every time I have flown the LAX-ATL-LAX domestic portion, plane has been completely full, in both Business and Coach. There might be 3 or at most 4 empty middle seats, but only if you are lucky.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 11:05 am

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by alanh
EVERY domestic 777 flight that I've been on (JFK-ATL, ATL-LAX) over the last 2 years was at least packed to near capacity....with many being oversold!

FWIW, they often had to offer Op-ups to some coach passengers on my JFK-ATL segments as the premium cabin almost always had open seats even after all upgrades (Medallion and Gate purchased) were cleared.....while coach was packed to capacity.

However, it was extremely rare for Standby Upgrades to be offered for sale at the gate of my ATL-LAX flights.....as they almost always filled up the premium cabin before all Medallion on the upgrade list were even accommodated.

A.J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.