Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EATS Menu Experience

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2008, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
EATS Menu Experience

Flew ATL-SNA last Sat., and LAX-ATL yesterday, in Y. Both flights were during the lunch meal service window and was offered the full EATS menu on both.

Outbound I selected the Chicken Parmesian Sandwich and inbound had the Chicken Bistro Salad. While the sandwich was tasty, it was a little awkward to handle and just a bit too dry for my taste. However, the Bistro Salad was wonderful!! Best Y meal I've had in a long time, and better than some F meals that I've experienced on domestic legacy carriers. Plenty of chicken, and the red wine vinaigrette dressing added just the right flavor. The spinach appeared to be very fresh as well. Way to go Delta with this one!
Makes me almost want to fly in Y again. Note I said almost.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 1:03 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
While I thought the roast beef sandwich I had from the EATS menu in Jan. was plenty to eat, I was under the impression that BoB would be more of a complete snack. You know, on some kind of plastic or cardboard "plate", maybe with a little fruit and a small sweet on the side.

What I got was a huge honkin' sandwich in clear plastic wrap that was awkward to deal with once unwrapped.

I LOVE the idea of EATS, and how DL has branded it, but if we're going to pay for this stuff, I think it should be more complete.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
Originally Posted by gsupstate
I LOVE the idea of EATS, and how DL has branded it, but if we're going to pay for this stuff, I think it should be more complete.
The protions are large enough for that I could not even think about even more food.

I do miss the Shrimp Meditteranean (sp) salad. Now that was a salad masterpiece. Huge grilled shrimp with large blocks of feta cheese.

Not the healthiest I realize but far and away the best meal I ever had in a coach seat. I hope they rotate it back into the menu some time in the future.

Now, if they could only put in BE.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 6:41 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by flyingcat
The protions are large enough for that I could not even think about even more food.

I do miss the Shrimp Meditteranean (sp) salad. Now that was a salad masterpiece. Huge grilled shrimp with large blocks of feta cheese.

Not the healthiest I realize but far and away the best meal I ever had in a coach seat. I hope they rotate it back into the menu some time in the future.

Now, if they could only put in BE.
What I was suggesting was a smaller sandwich, but with other things to make it more "complete", not just a sandwich. Like a deli plate. You know, a pickle spear, maybe some chips.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 7:09 pm

Programs: Skymiles SM
I enjoyed both the Shrimp mediteranean and the Cheese platter on recent flights.
Veggies in the salad and fruit with the cheese were both high quality and fresh.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 8:02 pm

The cheese plate is awesome! Not just good tasting, but a good value (assuming you like cheese of course!)

I REALLY miss the cold spaghetti with the olives! That was really tasty!
Old Apr 11, 2008, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
I had it for the first time this week and I was impressed by the quality. I actually was a bit disappointed with the cheese tray, maybe FT had me expecting more.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 9:52 pm

I was in F last week and actually ordered a salad from Y....the FFP being offered is actually a lot better than the "snack" meal service theyre offering on the 1025-1549 mile routes in F!! While it's great that Y has great options, generally speaking...shouldn't F have better ones???
Old Apr 13, 2008, 11:50 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Gold, A++ Elite, Delta FO
By the time they got to 38 tonight, they were out of the three options I wanted (cheese/crackers, hummus, and chix parm sand). That sucked for me because I was on a 4+ hour flight ATL->SAN and didn't eat before a 7pm departure.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 1:28 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by DL4EVR
I was in F last week and actually ordered a salad from Y....the FFP being offered is actually a lot better than the "snack" meal service theyre offering on the 1025-1549 mile routes in F!! While it's great that Y has great options, generally speaking...shouldn't F have better ones???
Did they charge you for the salad??
Old Apr 14, 2008, 2:36 am

Programs: DAL Diamond, JB Mosaic, AGR Select+, SPG Plat 75, Hyatt Diamond, AXP Plat, AXP DAL Reserve, AXP SPG
Originally Posted by uva185
Did they charge you for the salad??
I had a similar experience in Business (LAS-JFK) where I asked for the EATS menu as I didn't like the choices offered. I was not charged for the sandwich I requested. ^
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:40 am
Suspended

What I was suggesting was a smaller sandwich, but with other things to make it more "complete", not just a sandwich. Like a deli plate. You know, a pickle spear, maybe some chips.
The chips (or something similar) are usually handed out for free.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:06 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I honestly don't know why more people aren't buying from the EATS menu. The food quality is great. I bought three bags of the trail mix to take home because it was so good, and affordable! You'd pay at least $3 at the grocery store for this bag.

This by far beats waiting in line at Burger King at the airport to get a dried up chicken sandwich or nasty salad, yet it seems that not that many people are buying from EATS.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by sxf24
The chips (or something similar) are usually handed out for free.
True, but usually at a different point in the flight, not at a time to necessarily be a "side" for the sandwich. Maybe other people do, but I don't ususally eat just a sandwich-usually have pickle or chips alongside.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:45 am
Suspended

True, but usually at a different point in the flight, not at a time to necessarily be a "side" for the sandwich. Maybe other people do, but I don't ususally eat just a sandwich-usually have pickle or chips alongside.
Pickles smell and are difficult to package for catering. Not good plane food.

You don't have the eat the food as it is handed out. If the timing of consumption is important to you, hold the sandwich and/or chips until a time when they can be eaten together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.