Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chain bonus, 1000 MQM + 1000 Bonus per stay

Hilton Chain bonus, 1000 MQM + 1000 Bonus per stay

Old Jul 2, 08, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by MRGUNDA View Post
anyone else see their double dip miles posted?

Should I contact Hilton or contact Delta for this?

Thanks.
I contacted Hilton. It took 5 emails to make someone actually pay attention. I tried to make it really clear that I was aware of many others experiencing the same problem but I guess they didn't pay any attention to that bit. My miles posted (as per my post above), but I never heard from Hilton after that (I kind of expected a response telling me the issue was fixed).
Old Jul 2, 08, 4:11 pm

Programs: DL - GM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by blagger View Post
I contacted Hilton. It took 5 emails to make someone actually pay attention. I tried to make it really clear that I was aware of many others experiencing the same problem but I guess they didn't pay any attention to that bit. My miles posted (as per my post above), but I never heard from Hilton after that (I kind of expected a response telling me the issue was fixed).
Can you please provide the e-mail address that worked so we can use it as well?

Thanks.
Old Jul 2, 08, 4:25 pm

I emailed [email protected]
Old Jul 3, 08, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL - GM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by blagger View Post
Thanks! I'll report when I get a response.
Old Jul 3, 08, 4:24 pm

Programs: Handcuffed to Delta and IHG by Concur
I called Hilton Hhonors on the toll-free number on the back of my card. Initially, I spoke with a woman (possibly in India) who tried to tell me to talk to Delta. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor and I was, after waiting on hold for a while for one to become available. He took ownership of the problem and said he would get the issue resolved within a few days. I'll post also on whether he follows through. Very encouraging thought at this point.
Old Jul 3, 08, 10:04 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, AAdvantage
These double-dip miles aren't MQMs, correct? Like everyone else, it seems, I got my MQMs immediately, but never have gotten the double dips.
Old Jul 7, 08, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL GOLD
Disappointing

After two emails with no response, I finally called in and talked to someone in customer service who says it shows I never registered for the promotion. I knew I registered twice, however, there is no confirmation email to show to prove. I really hate these promotion which seemed poorly planned out, they get the benefit of the booking, but have little interest in giving out the reward. There comes a time where it just is not worth the time to fight for 1000 miles and 1000 MQM's.
Old Jul 7, 08, 4:43 pm

I'm in the same boat as many of you. The 1,000 miles from the MQM promotion posted to my HHonors and Skymiles acount, but the 500 double dip miles only show in my HHonors account and after 6 weeks still hasn't posted to Skymiles. I e mailed Delta, they were no help and referred me to Hilton. I then contacted Hilton but got a pretty generic response. I'll follow up again in a few weeks...
Old Aug 5, 08, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT View Post
Thanks! I'll report when I get a response.
After writing two e-mails to Hilton, I FINALLY, today, got the 500 regular (non-MQM) miles per stay during the promotion. They are listed as "posting" back when the stay happened, so you have to look for it. But, I finally got my 1500 miles.
Old Aug 5, 08, 2:15 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: DL FO 1.4MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT View Post
After writing two e-mails to Hilton, I FINALLY, today, got the 500 regular (non-MQM) miles per stay during the promotion. They are listed as "posting" back when the stay happened, so you have to look for it. But, I finally got my 1500 miles.
Actually, I just got one of these today. It was only 500 miles, so I didn't want to hassle with it.

I had noticed that my Skymiles total went up 1000 miles today. 500 was from a Hilton stay this past weekend, but I couldn't come up with the other 500.

I actually had two Hilton stays in April during the MQM promotion same weekend. The regular 500 miles from a one night stay that weekend posted as usual, and the 1000 MQMs from a two night stay right after that posted pretty quickly. But I never got the regular 500 miles from the two night stay until today.

Oh well, more miles are always good.....

Thanks for posting.

David
Old Aug 5, 08, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Got 'em

Also got my 3 double dips (total of 1500 miles) posting today - though they do post back on the original date and say they posted on that date in the description. Only took 4 or 5 emails to get them....
Old Aug 5, 08, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
I did not e-mail and complain, but I checked and my double dips posted, too.
Old Aug 5, 08, 6:51 pm

Programs: Handcuffed to Delta and IHG by Concur
Mine posted also.

By amazing coincidence, I also got a paper form letter from a Cindy C. Chesna at Delta today saying "Thank you for your correspondence concerning your participation in the Delta Sky Miles program. We are unable to post mileage from the documentation received." She told me to, in the future, make sure that I always present my SkyMiles card at check in to the hotel clerk. She then told me to contact Hilton to resolve the issue, which is of course what I did in the first place -- it was Hilton that told me to contact Delta when, after a thorough investigation, Hilton was convinced that the problem was not at their end.

At the very least, Cindy could have addressed the specific issue that I raised in the letter, or gave me some indication that she had read further in my letter than the word "Hilton". In retrospect, I wish that I had just stuck with earning points and more points with Hilton and skipped this promotion. Hilton's customer service people were great. My experience with Delta's people, both those I spoke with in India and in Atlanta, as well as via correspondence, was abysmal.
Old Aug 6, 08, 1:26 am

Programs: PC Platinum, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Delta Gold, Avis First, Hertz Gold Plus, Glee Club, Yearbook
Is this promo still valid? I thought it had expired, so I shifted back to points+points (as I'm gunning to get a GLON for a possible honeymoon early next year).
Old Aug 6, 08, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
Is this promo still valid? I thought it had expired, so I shifted back to points+points (as I'm gunning to get a GLON for a possible honeymoon early next year).
It expired a LONG time ago, but the regular double dip 500 points from Hilton never posted till now.

Search this Thread