Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RealDLInsider - Questions/Answers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2008, 9:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Rather I think it you who are hung up on the term "free ride". After all it was your use of it that has been criticized.
Obviously those who criticize the use of two words, rather than the content of the post have a hang up.

Lets stick to the meat of the issue rather than superficial attacks.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 9:54 am

Programs: Delta PM, HH, CRC
Well of course he wont be back for quite some time... every time he posts, he gets lambasted by all of you.. you may say he's spinning.. but he's all we've got right!

Nothing we can do to change much, but we could be nice enough to keep him around so he could answer some questions... instead of crashing down on him.. good grief..
Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by stevenryals
Well of course he wont be back for quite some time... every time he posts, he gets lambasted by all of you.. you may say he's spinning.. but he's all we've got right!

Nothing we can do to change much, but we could be nice enough to keep him around so he could answer some questions... instead of crashing down on him.. good grief..
He doesn't come back for quite some time. He hits and runs. If this were a dialogue instead of a simple posting of DL changes, the DL FTers would be more receptive.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:02 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Nothing we can do to change much, ....
I don't really believe this. I think if we, the flying public, and we, Delta's loyal customers, speak up there is a possibility that we will be heard and changes, in our favor, made.

Why should we candy-coat our opinions? Jeff is not one of the rank-and-file employees on the front line. He can put through our dissent to the right lap, unlike the front-liners. WE are the customer and WE pay for their services. He has a tough skin I am sure. Answers to question should not be the sole purpose of his presence on this board.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:13 am

Programs: AS MVPG
So how many 25,000 SkyMiles domestic awards on DL operated flights booked on the same day or previous day are going to vanish with this upcoming major change to the award chart?
All of them. This is why I don't understand how anyone can see the new three tier award structure as a positive enhancement. Sure, it will be easier to get seats on fuller flights, but for 40,000 or 60,000 miles. It will be even more difficult to get a saver 25k seat (as if it isn't hard enough already). In the past, if a flight wasn't full you could get a last minute saver for 25k, now it will likely be 40-60k.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:37 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sxf24
Obviously those who criticize the use of two words, rather than the content of the post have a hang up.

Lets stick to the meat of the issue rather than superficial attacks.
The content of your post was criticized, but that matters less than that DL is on a trajectory with SkyMiles which does not serve most SkyMiles members well at all.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:40 am
Suspended

His posts will be criticized just likes the rest of ours. That his posts deal with communicating DL's official positions means that the approach from the FT community will be different in some regards unless and until the posts are more representative of what we've gotten on FT from COInsider, Starwood Lurker, etc.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by spgaston
All of them. This is why I don't understand how anyone can see the new three tier award structure as a positive enhancement. Sure, it will be easier to get seats on fuller flights, but for 40,000 or 60,000 miles. It will be even more difficult to get a saver 25k seat (as if it isn't hard enough already). In the past, if a flight wasn't full you could get a last minute saver for 25k, now it will likely be 40-60k.
If it's to be all of them after the massive award chart changes, then this is a much worse change than even I had initially thought it to be. It would effectively mean that DL is worse than all other major US airlines when it comes to the flexibility of standard award tickets issued by an airline for its own flights.

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 26, 2008 at 10:54 am
Old Mar 26, 2008, 11:26 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by rrgg
How about this? Allow a 24-hour hold, renewable once per day for X days. If DL is honest about their reasoning for the change, this would solve their problem and still give passengers some flexibility.
Or you charge a hold fee, that is refunded if you actually ticket -or you call and cancel - the itinerary.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 11:29 am
Suspended

The content of your post was criticized, but that matters less than that DL is on a trajectory with SkyMiles which does not serve most SkyMiles members well at all.
Would you rather DL take a trajectory that puts it out of business?
Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by andymo99
Jeff, your last post was nearly 7 weeks ago. The tradition here has been that you post something like this which raises a ton of questions, some of them pretty insightful. But you don't come back for nearly 7 weeks, at which time, you sorta kinda tangentially touch upon a few of the issues raised.

How about a more stable official presence, a la CO or Starwood?

Jeff, I agree with AndyMo 100% on this... while appreciative of you participating on this board, you are getting to be a kind of "drive-by shooter" where you show up suddenly, throw a Molotov cocktail out the window, start up a bunch of valuable discussion which you undoubtedly read but do not comment on.

AndyMo and I have been PMs for many years, and we would both appreciate more frequent participation by either you or a representative of the company.
We realize that things are changing rapidly at DL and for the entire industry, that a business plan that was established when oil was $60 a barrel cannot work at $110 a barrel. But the basic point is still the same... we need to hear from you more often and address specific areas of concerns/suggestions etc.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by sxf24
Would you rather DL take a trajectory that puts it out of business?
Umm, they have already done that to themselves. It's not our fault that their business model is not successful (selling piles of miles to anyone and everybody, and providing few reasonable redemption possibilities). I could have told you oil would be above $100/barrel after they emerged from bankruptcy, why couldn't the MBAs?

They will just continue to dig their hole deeper by alienating frequent fliers.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:33 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by spgaston
It will be even more difficult to get a saver 25k seat (as if it isn't hard enough already). In the past, if a flight wasn't full you could get a last minute saver for 25k, now it will likely be 40-60k.
I'm not sure how finding SkySaver seats can be any harder than it has been for the past few years. I see no reason to believe DL will not continue to offer Saver seats on flights close in if they're not full, what makes you think that practice will be discontiuned?
Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
But those same MBAs are saying that Delta will make millions of new revenue by charging for baggage!
Sure sounds to me like they're ignoring the lost ticket revenue due to some of those passengers with extra bags going to other airlines or LCCs.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles
I'm not sure how finding SkySaver seats can be any harder than it has been for the past few years. I see no reason to believe DL will not continue to offer Saver seats on flights close in if they're not full, what makes you think that practice will be discontiuned?
Well, that depends and it is just conjecture at this point. In the past, DL might have had SkySavers made available at the last minute if they had, say 15 empty seats. Now it will be tied to fare bucket. Who knows how rev. management really works, but let's assume those last 15 seats are only being sold at YBM rates, then that ticket that might have been a SkySaver in the past will now cost you 60k to get in that seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.