Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RealDLInsider - Questions/Answers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2008, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
My travel $$$ are now split between BA/LH as Jeff tries to maximize revenue.
Are you saying that DL's attempts to "maximize revenues" are driving you to BA/LH? BA/LH are certainly no strangers to some of the "maximizing revenues" measures - in fact, they can even claim to be proud pioneers and practitioners of what many here would consider "FF program devaluation techniques" (such as minimal or zero miles for heavily discounted tickets).
Old Mar 25, 2008, 5:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Are you saying that DL's attempts to "maximize revenues" are driving you to BA/LH? BA/LH are certainly no strangers to some of the "maximizing revenues" measures - in fact, they can even claim to be proud pioneers and practitioners of what many here would consider "FF program devaluation techniques" (such as minimal or zero miles for heavily discounted tickets).
Absolutely. I fly mainly paid F/J and I have more miles than I know what to do with, and I use and give away plenty.

Once DL gets the flatbed seats installed in its 767 TATL fleet I would reconsider DL, but right now I don't feel DL delivers a product at the quality level where they can get away with "maximizing" revenues at the expense of having a generous frequent flyer program.

As a note, I've pretty much ditched AA too, but more just because their product has become so bad and their NGBC is poor IMHO.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 5:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So will SkyMiles customers be getting advance notice with the details of the major award chart changes before the major award chart changes are implemented, or will the changes just be implemented without giving customers several weeks or months of advance notice?
Old Mar 25, 2008, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Refer to upcoming changes to 2nd bag fee... 1 month away and still no public release to let normal travelers know. Even crappy US gave more advance notice. Meanwhile they continue to book tickets not knowing they'll get bent over for another $50 bucks per bag round trip.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
So will SkyMiles customers be getting advance notice with the details of the major award chart changes before the major award chart changes are implemented, or will the changes just be implemented without giving customers several weeks or months of advance notice?
We'll get a 1 day warning from one our insider DL reservation agents who post the employee memo here.
So do what I have been doing for the last 4 months.....spend the miles like crazy....I have spent 300,000 miles on 8 award tickets (6 international ones and 2 thanksgiving tickets) for Mrs. LLS138 and I over the last 4 months and still have 120,000 (+ about 50,000 I will earn before June by flying) to burn through within the next month or so....planning vacations/weekend getaways out until next spring now.....the hard part and getting harder is finding places to use them as I can never ever find suitable TATL skysaver seats.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 6:07 pm
Suspended

With the economy in the situation that it is in currently, is it really wise of DL to risk alienating more customers, even those DL Silver, Gold and Platinum Medallion customers that DL has said are liabilities?
Old Mar 25, 2008, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rylan
Refer to upcoming changes to 2nd bag fee... 1 month away and still no public release to let normal travelers know. Even crappy US gave more advance notice. Meanwhile they continue to book tickets not knowing they'll get bent over for another $50 bucks per bag round trip.
Originally Posted by lls138
We'll get a 1 day warning from one our insider DL reservation agents who post the employee memo here.
So do what I have been doing for the last 4 months.....spend the miles like crazy....I have spent 300,000 miles on 8 award tickets (6 international ones and 2 thanksgiving tickets) for Mrs. LLS138 and I over the last 4 months and still have 120,000 (+ about 50,000 I will earn before June by flying) to burn through within the next month or so....planning vacations/weekend getaways out until next spring now.....the hard part and getting harder is finding places to use them as I can never ever find suitable TATL skysaver seats.
Maybe I expect too much on this occasion, but DL would be reaching for another low were it to fail to do what most of the other major US airlines have done when they last made substantial changes to their award charts -- they provided the details with several weeks or even several months advance notice.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL GM
With the economy in the situation that it is in currently, is it really wise of DL to risk alienating more customers, even those DL Silver, Gold and Platinum Medallion customers that DL has said are liabilities?
Did we really need Jeff to tell us the economy sucks....talk to all the poor souls who overbought their homes. However, it seems that unlike before and after 9/11, it seems that every single flight I am on is either oversold, full, or >75% capacity.....i can't remember the last time on a DL flight I didn't have a person sitting next to me.....wait yes I can.....ORD-ATL at 7pm on July 4th 2005
Old Mar 25, 2008, 6:18 pm
Suspended

That's my thought exactly
Old Mar 25, 2008, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Blah blah blah blah blah... Thanks for coming back and pretending to care about your loyal flyers. I've worked in politics for quite some time and Delta spins with the best in Washington DC.

Who asked about the Freddies? Does DL actually think they will win one? Is there a new award for Best Airline Frequent Flyer Devaluation Program?
So true.

Granted, I love DL and have a sick need to stay loyal to them... That e-mail from Jeff did seem like just a bunch of spin.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by rylan
It seems that DL announced it somewhere. http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/2008/03/bag-fees.html
Old Mar 25, 2008, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL HH
upgrade on legs

Personally I want to know why delta does not allow FF status for legs. I have taken close to 30 delta flights this year all on delta metal and have not even hit silver yet since most a short flights... I book late due to the nature of my work and have spent thousands on DL flights. Living in Atlanta i dont have much choice other than delta.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 6:56 pm
Suspended

It's a fine line to walk.

DL - and every other business - makes a significant effort to determine the costs of offering various services. At some point, you cross a line where the cost of offering that service exceeds the revenue it brings in. With the increase in oil prices and the changing industry dynamic, DL has realized that its highest value customers are not necessarily its most frequent.

For those of you who don't pay your own way, you'd be wise to stop expecting a free ride.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 7:00 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Why are not all partner options available on the website while doing a search?
I recently bought an award ticket(via DL.com). This was for international travel. I searched via "flight times." The only OA options which appeared were from CO.. What happened to AF? Why is AF not included in the award options?
Nice outcome^ I did find a CO Award Ticket from LAX/TLV on-line. Worked out very well. Having said that: If I were not seriously involved in FT, I would have been clueless as to my options
How do you communicate to your DL "regular" Skymiles Members about what options are available to them?
Old Mar 25, 2008, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by spgaston
Frankly, I have to agree with AndyTLe.

Anyone who has any experience with corporate memos or news releases can see right through any and all of this.

The spin is what is truly rude and uncalled for when your audience is typically educated and travel savvy.
I agree as well! DL should at least have 4 hour hold times for phone award tickets that would allow us to TICKET it online and avoid the booking fees. 4 hour holds also let us arrange hotel/car as well, and would NOT take away from award inventory for a noticeable period of time. I would gladly trade 24-hour online award holds for 4-hour phone holds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.