Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Chauffeur Service for BusinessElite Passengers (JFK-LGW/LHR)

Complimentary Chauffeur Service for BusinessElite Passengers (JFK-LGW/LHR)

Old Mar 11, 2008, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
I fly in the latter part of June to London but not on an I - M fare with Z PMU secured at booking. Not that the I fare limo offer applies to my dates but had they, I would have booked the I fare, spare my 2 PMUs as the limo costs with the current $ would have easily made up the difference.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 9:57 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by andymo99
Agreed that helicopter is great b/w JFK and Manhattan. With CO, it is included in the J/D fare to/from EWR.

Also agreed that 50 miles isn't competitive. VS didn't blink when I requested a dropoff ~95 miles from LHR.
I'm interested to hear about the CO helicopter deal--is that for all international J/D flights or just for London? (Packaging the helicopter with J tickets is an obvious boost to US Helicopter as well, since it's hard to justify a $160 helicopter ride on an expense report, but no problem to slide it in with the airfare. . .)

And VS's limo service is extremely accommodating--if I recall correctly, they'll drive people from BOS into Maine and New Hampshire.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by colerc
I'm interested to hear about the CO helicopter deal--is that for all international J/D flights or just for London?...

And VS's limo service is extremely accommodating--if I recall correctly, they'll drive people from BOS into Maine and New Hampshire.
DL had announced a booking and codeshare agreement with USH but it seems to never to have materialized. Seems that DL tries to bring out these premium amentities but can't fully compete with CO or VS

Continental Airlines and US Helicopter have initiated the only codeshare between an airline and helicopter in the New York area...
Earn 500 OnePass miles on US Helicopter codeshare flights when connecting to or from a Continental flight.
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...elicopter.aspx

BusinessFirst customers enjoy complimentary helicopter service between Manhattan and Newark Liberty International Airport.*Promotion valid for BusinessFirst customers traveling between Newark and Europe, Asia, Tel Aviv, Delhi, Mumbai, Brazil and Argentina only. Must be booked in J, D or Z class of service to qualify. Customer is responsible for taxes. Subject to cancellation or change at any time. Travel must be completed by Mar. 31, 2008.
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...elicopter.aspx

The range of VS's car service is remarkable. Example...
Flights to/from JFK or Newark
Any address in Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania

Flights to/from Boston
Any address in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us...fers.jsp#range
Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:35 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by colerc
I'm interested to hear about the CO helicopter deal--is that for all international J/D flights or just for London? (Packaging the helicopter with J tickets is an obvious boost to US Helicopter as well, since it's hard to justify a $160 helicopter ride on an expense report, but no problem to slide it in with the airfare. . .)
It's available with all J/D. I used the helicopter for a flight to BRS.

$160? It was going for ~$99 a few months ago.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by andymo99
$160? It was going for ~$99 a few months ago.
The website still shows "Fares from $99", but I wasn't able to find that fare when I was looking last week. Has anybody found the $99 fare?
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was flipping through the February 2008 issue of Business Traveler magazine and was reading the US Helicopter review. The author mentioned...

Delta Air Lines also includes the helicopter service for customers who book in J,D and C class between select trans-Atlantic and South American destinations and JFK.
Does anybody know anything about this?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
My experience

I recently flew LHR-JFK on a D fare and had the following experience:

Diamond Line couldn't book it, nor were they all that familiar with it. They ended up finding the same link I found here on FT and gave me a phone number for Tri-Star Worldwide.

The US based Tri-Star agent wasn't that familiar with the Delta part of things, but gladly took my reservation, taking a credit card "only to hold the reservation". The next day I received a call from Tri-Star wanting my ticket # and class of service. Apparently the first agent didn't set-up my trip as a Delta ride.

Day of service was great. The driver was early and called my mobile # back in the US to tell me he was waiting. Brand new MB E Class Car. Trip from central London to LHR T4 took less than a half hour.

A week later, my AMEX has been charged for the service. I now need to call DL and Tri-Star to sort this out.

How can Delta expect to attract more HVC pax LHR-JFK-LHR if it can't get it's car service right? Perhaps Virgin, who is more known for this perk will take things over from Delta in terms of managing the car service program? It isn't like Delta promotes it either.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
DL had announced a booking and codeshare agreement with USH but it seems to never to have materialized. Seems that DL tries to bring out these premium amentities but can't fully compete with CO or VS
Delta/USH free transfers to JFK was back in 2008 with F/A/J/D/Y fares. Hell, $160 isn't much more than car-service fees from my midtown office to JFK, and passing TSA in the days before Pre-Check with a handful of other people at the heliport was a very convincing argument to doing it even if you weren't in the premium cabin.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.