FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   Hanging up & calling again only to get the same agent. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/788906-hanging-up-calling-again-only-get-same-agent.html)

DukieDrew Feb 9, 2008 11:16 pm

Hanging up & calling again only to get the same agent.

I just had an interesting experience, trying to book an award ticket. I got a CSR in SLC I assume, and because it was only 11pm his time, he could not book a flight for me at the 331 day window...he suggested trying to call again and getting someone in ATL.

I hung up, dialed DL, 95#etc, and lo and behold I get the SAME agent! We talk about how weird that is, then I hang up and get someone in DFW, who processed my ticket.

Anyone ever have this luck?

yngdiego Feb 9, 2008 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by DukieDrew (Post 9224406)
I just had an interesting experience, trying to book an award ticket. I got a CSR in SLC I assume, and because it was only 11pm his time, he could not book a flight for me at the 331 day window...he suggested trying to call again and getting someone in ATL.

I hung up, dialed DL, 95#etc, and lo and behold I get the SAME agent! We talk about how weird that is, then I hang up and get someone in DFW, who processed my ticket.

Anyone ever have this luck?

I've had that happen once and promptly hung up when it was the same unhelpful person.

BTW, it is possible for SLC agents 'in the know' to some how switch computer systems to ATL time. I called in the other week and got a SLC agent but she said it wasn't at the 331 day window. I asked her to flip her computer to ATL time, and she didn't think it was possible. I politely insisted, and she found someone in the office that helped her do it. Taught the SMS agent something!

DukieDrew Feb 10, 2008 12:22 am

Originally Posted by yngdiego (Post 9224489)
BTW, it is possible for SLC agents 'in the know' to some how switch computer systems to ATL time. I called in the other week and got a SLC agent but she said it wasn't at the 331 day window. I asked her to flip her computer to ATL time, and she didn't think it was possible. I politely insisted, and she found someone in the office that helped her do it. Taught the SMS agent something!

OT, but if I call a reservation office in Europe, would I have a 5/6 hour advantage at 331 days than those in ATL? (or for that matter, call Japan)? Or is everything based on ATL (might assumption)?

GoCanes Feb 10, 2008 6:59 am

This has happened to me before where I kept getting the same agent in SLC... three times... it was quite annoying.

But, on my fourth try I got another person in SLC and she said it would not be a problem to do my booking. She went ahead and booked my award ticket even though she was out west. She said the whole "you must get someone in the ATL time zone" is not true and obviously proved it to me by completing my booking. So, I am not sure what the deal is... inadequate training or laziness... but it appears the whole get an office in ATL time zone is a hoodwink. Although, the times for booking are based on ATL time zone... so midnight in ATL (EST) is the trigger...

AndyTLe Feb 10, 2008 8:34 am

Originally Posted by DukieDrew (Post 9224551)
OT, but if I call a reservation office in Europe, would I have a 5/6 hour advantage at 331 days than those in ATL? (or for that matter, call Japan)? Or is everything based on ATL (might assumption)?

Is there an advantage to the old 331 day rule any more? I thought DL was getting away from that and releasing seat throughout the year.

sammy0623 Feb 10, 2008 8:39 am

Originally Posted by yngdiego (Post 9224489)
I've had that happen once and promptly hung up when it was the same unhelpful person.

Same thing happened to me with my bank. Called, arguing with them, then told the lady if you're not going to be of help i'm going to go. So I did, called back and got the same, "Thank you for calling US Bank, this is Jeanie..." so I just slammed the phone back down.

TexARN Feb 10, 2008 8:40 am

Originally Posted by AndyTLe (Post 9225483)
Is there an advantage to the old 331 day rule any more? I thought DL was getting away from that and releasing seat throughout the year.

or not releasing seats:D Sorry I just had too. For the record, I have had no issues finding what I have needed.

samikitty Feb 12, 2008 12:27 pm

SLC agents can certainly change systems to ATL time zone - ask that they do it! Of course, it is not as relevant as it once was with inventory not opening at 331.

Spiff Feb 12, 2008 2:09 pm

On a related note, if you get the same unhelpful/clueless agent - just apologize and say you accidentally hit redial. They may still have your PNR open and may now be inclined to add some notes to it if they think you're a 'call back until you get an answer you like' (i.e. a FlyerTalker ;) ) kind of person...

cvgflyer2 Feb 12, 2008 3:26 pm

i talked to an agent in slc the other day that told me a bunch of new people were working there and they didnt know all the entries the older folks there know. so maybe thats why slc isnt what it used to be.

USCGamecock Feb 12, 2008 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by cvgflyer2 (Post 9240026)
i talked to an agent in slc the other day that told me a bunch of new people were working there and they didnt know all the entries the older folks there know. so maybe thats why slc isnt what it used to be.

Unfortunate. I've had SLC agents find some unbelievable ways to stretch 50k miles. They knew the ins and outs better than anyone. Now, it is all probably computer generated.

kmk5397 Feb 12, 2008 4:47 pm

Just wanted to add my amusing story. I once had a nice lady booking bereavement tickets for her and her family. Had a nice long conversation
with her. I put the tickets on hold for 24hours. The following day when she
called in to ticket her reservation she got me again!

Both of us were completely shocked. We had a good laugh about it. :D