Using drink vouchers for food

Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BamaVol
I can't imagine that to be true. Why give free alcohol to the airlines and charge bars and restaurants?
Agreed. While the minis are not expensive, airlines don't get them for free.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
As another form of advertising. How many of you knew about Amarula before Brown & Forman brought it onto DL flights?
I can see DL getting free/deep discount liquor under certain limited circumstances, but assuming that DL gets all its alcohol for free seems like a pretty far reach to me. Do Jack Daniels and Heineken (as two examples) really have such low brand awareness that they give away product to DL for free? I really, really doubt it. Discount pricing, I can see (I'm sure the exclusive deals airlines have with soft drink makers also earn them a substantial discount) but DL getting all alcohol for free is just too hard for me to believe.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:47 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hyatt Plat.
Amarula & Coupons

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
As another form of advertising. How many of you knew about Amarula before Brown & Forman brought it onto DL flights?
I have been traveling to RSA for years and loved Amarula since the first time I drank it. I am glad it is so easy to get now...at least I don't have to carry it myself half way around the world (I once brought back 10 bottles in 2000).

To those who don't drink, you can always just send them to those of us who do drink as a kind gesture, maybe??? :^^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.