More Delta fees for 08

Old Jan 12, 08, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP
More Delta fees for 08

Just read online that Delta is matching the fuel surcharge increase which on Friday Untied announced will be $50.

http://rickseaney.com/category/delta/

I can't find the link I was just reading, but it did say "Delta matched on Friday". I'll keep looking at post if I find it again.
Old Jan 12, 08, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
How much was it before?
Old Jan 12, 08, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by DukieDrew View Post
How much was it before?
It was raised in November 2007 to $15 each way or $30 round trip. So tickets will be $20 more now in fees and then there's an additional fare if flying through Houston or Memphis (which already existed).
Old Jan 27, 08, 2:13 pm

Thumbs down

Fuel is part of the basic product of an airline. It is simply dishonest to charge seperately for it. The only honest thing to do is to include it in the fare. That way one can objectively compare fares without having to guess what wacky fees they add on. Yeah, I understand that oil has gone up, but please Delta, do the honest thing and just raise the fare. No more of this underhanded chicken sh#t!
Old Jan 27, 08, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Carolinian View Post
Fuel is part of the basic product of an airline. It is simply dishonest to charge seperately for it. The only honest thing to do is to include it in the fare. That way one can objectively compare fares without having to guess what wacky fees they add on. Yeah, I understand that oil has gone up, but please Delta, do the honest thing and just raise the fare. No more of this underhanded chicken sh#t!
Ummmm, I'm not sure what your problem is with DL here. DL's website quite clearly displays the total price you pay for a ticket, including all taxes and fees.

For instance, I just did a random search, and here's the result for one flight, copied and pasted straight from DL.com:
From $559.00 round trip
+ $42.00 Taxes/Fees = $601.00

If you buy that ticket, your toal cost will be exactly $601.00, not a penny more.

Exactly what is DL doing that prevents you from "objectively compar[ing] fares without having to guess what wacky fees they add on"?
Old Jan 27, 08, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Carolinian View Post
Fuel is part of the basic product of an airline. It is simply dishonest to charge seperately for it. The only honest thing to do is to include it in the fare.
The DOT agrees, which is why all advertised prices must include the fuel surcharge amounts.
Old Jan 29, 08, 8:04 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by soitgoes View Post
The DOT agrees, which is why all advertised prices must include the fuel surcharge amounts.
There are exceptions, though. One example are printed tour brochures which are not required to be reprinted each time a tax or fee changes.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: