Anybody had Delta Peanuts the past 2 days?

Old Jan 2, 08, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
Anybody had Delta Peanuts the past 2 days?

Take a look at the expiration date. I just ate 2 packs of expired peanuts (I didn't realize it at the time.) Yes it's only 2 day's but heck. Expiration date 12/31/07!!
Old Jan 2, 08, 4:19 pm

Programs: Delta Plat; Hilton Gold; Holiday Inn Gold; Hertz Presidents Club, Marriott Gold, AA Silver
I had some on 1/1 on the way home from EWR to SNA. They tasted fine but I didn't look at the date. Now I am wondering.
Old Jan 2, 08, 4:21 pm
coz

Programs: DL GM
Peanuts don't expire...
Old Jan 2, 08, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by coz View Post
Peanuts don't expire...
According to the expiration date on the packaging they do.... remember, it's not just peanuts in those bags. All kinds of additives......
Old Jan 2, 08, 4:29 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted by amps View Post
Take a look at the expiration date. I just ate 2 packs of expired peanuts (I didn't realize it at the time.) Yes it's only 2 day's but heck. Expiration date 12/31/07!!
you should just be thankful you're still alive!!
Old Jan 2, 08, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Two OPTIONS...

SUE or COMPENSATION!

Growing up in Virginia, what DL serves can't be considered peanuts.

*On a seperate note, I just love the sarcasm that the board now drips with to start 2008.
Old Jan 2, 08, 4:44 pm
coz

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by AndyTLe View Post

*On a seperate note, I just love the sarcasm that the board now drips with to start 2008.
Just be glad this thread hasn't changed topics to SkyChoice rewards yet.
Old Jan 2, 08, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by coz View Post
Just be glad this thread hasn't changed topics to SkyChoice rewards yet.
Just wait, thread has only been open for a bit over 2 hours...
Old Jan 2, 08, 4:53 pm

Maybe Delta is using the Skymiles award availability calendar system to forecast when peanuts are expiring?
Old Jan 2, 08, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
I hear you can trade in two packs of expired peanuts for one pack of unexpired peanuts but only on certain flights where they know they aren't going to need them.

Said with love, of course. At least we get peanuts!
Old Jan 2, 08, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AndyTLe View Post
Two OPTIONS...

SUE or COMPENSATION!

Growing up in Virginia, what DL serves can't be considered peanuts.

I think i'll pass on both options but if they are still expired on my next 2 trips in mid January and last week of January I may have issues. I love peanuts.
Old Jan 2, 08, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
The Fischer peanuts that Delta serves sucks even when they are fresh.
Old Jan 2, 08, 7:36 pm

I had some on 12/28 that saved you from eating more expired peanuts. Had a chuckle about eating the near expired peanuts and maybe that would encourage me to cut off (like I have scissors!) and save the greasy 25 cents off coupon to get more. Has anyone ever clipped that coupon, or does Fisher's comp the peanuts as marketing to a trapped audience?
Old Jan 2, 08, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by indufan View Post
The Fischer peanuts that Delta serves sucks even when they are fresh.
Fischer has a day-old factory outlet store not far from me. I've been meaning to stop by so I can use my 25 cents off coupon. Maybe they sell expired DL peanuts there?

Originally Posted by drtravel View Post
Has anyone ever clipped that coupon, or does Fisher's comp the peanuts as marketing to a trapped audience?
BTW, the factory outlet is also close to ORD/Elgin TRACON. Do you think they feed the controllers old peanuts? That could explain a lot of things.

From the FAA ORD TRACON page:
However, once inside, you feel the kinetic energy, dedication, and pride of the air traffic controllers that provide unequalled service to the National Airspace System (NAS).
Yes. Eating old peanuts definitely makes you feel the kinetic energy. A real gut feeling.
Old Jan 2, 08, 10:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I had some peanuts today on my flights, and am now wondering if it is the coupon that expires 12/31/07 and not the actual peanuts. I should have brought a pack with me, but I think it might be just the coupon.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: