Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight attendant bopped me on the forehead!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Flight attendant bopped me on the forehead!

I was sitting in the window seat and had finished with dinner on a JFK-SFO F transcon flight, leaving a few pieces of unattractive greens in my salad bowl. FA came along and asked me if I was done. I hesitated for a moment, then told her I was done, since I didn't feel like eating any more salad.

She reached across the empty aisle seat and shoved her index finger smack into the center of my forehead! Then she asked me if I had seen the V8 commercial (where apparently waitresses go around knocking the foreheads of diners who don't eat their veggies). I foregave her since she provided an otherwise high standard of service throughout the flight. I guess she thought she was being personable and entertaining, but I was really not amused at the unwanted touching and found it quite inappropriate.

Your opinions please?
Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:21 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
First thought seeing the subject of the post only was you should have had a V8!

Injuries?...that's a problem. Otherwise it's pretty funny.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:22 am

Programs: DL GM
Just poke her back next time, but harder, and then ask her if she had ever seen the Three Stooges.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
First thought seeing the subject of the post only was you should have had a V8!

Injuries?...that's a problem. Otherwise it's pretty funny.
I think she likes you, no big deal.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:28 am
coz

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I guess she thought she was being personable and entertaining, but I was really not amused at the unwanted touching and found it quite inappropriate.
I find the story amusing and would have thought her personable and entertaining. Just my 2 cents. I doubt she does it regularly or ever at all. Maybe she thought you were a personable person and wanted to small talk!
Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:29 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Delta Plat, United 2P
You are being too senstitive. It's called flirting. She likes you. Just dip her pigtails in the inkwell and all will be good.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:58 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
That is really a funny story and I wish I had FA's that were that nice and amusing on a trip...

although if you poked her in her the head, you would probably be off to jail.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 12:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Lighten up...it was all fun!
Old Dec 19, 2007, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Didn't anybody notice the most important part of the OP's story? F flew out empty.

...JFK-SFO F transcon flight...
She reached across the empty aisle seat...
Old Dec 19, 2007, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL PM/CRC;HH Diamond;Natl ExecElite
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Didn't anybody notice the most important part of the OP's story? F flew out empty.

I had an empty seat in F next to me on a Sunday evening ATL-PBI a couple weeks ago...it sure doesn't happen often though.

As far as the tap on the forehead, I don't think I'd throw a fit or anything, but personally I would find it annoying and unprofessional and the by look on my face would probably let her know it.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by lls138
Just poke her back next time, but harder, and then ask her if she had ever seen the Three Stooges.
ROTFLMAO! My favorite response.

Yeah, she did like me. I figured she was just trying to be personable. Which is why I haven't lodged a complaint with DL. All things considered, we need more like her in the skies (minus the gratuitous imitation of TV advertisements).
Old Dec 19, 2007, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Tell her that you're Santa this year, and ask her to sit on your lap and ask her Have you been naughty or nice?
Old Dec 19, 2007, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
She thought you were cute. You must have been sending out signals interpreted by her as giving her permission to be more familiar with you. You should be flattered. But a single unwanted touch is certainly not enough to file a complaint about.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 12:49 pm

Your opinions please?
Somewhat depends on how good looking she was, but I like the fun playfulness. I have had enough sour pusses for a lifetime.

Old Dec 19, 2007, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bruceba
I think she likes you, no big deal.
Bingo - That is pretty close to how I got my first date with an FA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.