Wiki Posts
Search

FLL > LAX non-stop gone

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2007, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Unhappy FLL > LAX non-stop gone

Two of my FLL > LAX non-stops R/T itins have changed Called DL and they told me they are not offering that service on those dates (early Feb and late Feb). I asked what dates they ARE offering that service and she could only tell me that my late Jan itin has not changed but it appears that all non-stops will be gone starting in Feb. Very sad for me. My itins are now FLL > SLC > LAX and returning LAX > ATL > FLL.

Anyone know if this is temporary?

The flights were 1808 on the outbound and 1805 on the return.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 8:24 pm

That only leaves NK and AA with nonstops. UGH!!! What was nice about DL flight it was so early you were on the WC before 10.

Not that this means anything. I'm still seeing service in SABRE in March.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I thought DL has been temporarily discontinuation due to leak with NK & AA to LAX. When DL will even bring it back nonstop from FLL-LAX around March or April. I remember DL was inauguration nonstop from FLL-LAX August 2003 on equipment 757 aircraft. I assumed if DL will changeable the origin schedules due to competition both NK & AA flies to LAX. I am not have anything more specific information this time.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 6:54 pm

Programs: UAL Gold DL Silver Hilton GoldMarriott Gold
The FLL airport board has for several years offered incentives for airlines to offer new non-stop destinations. Discounting or freezing a range of airport fees for the airlines on these routes for a period of time. Most likely the time was running out on the discount/fee waivers so Delta canceled the non stop.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 7:29 pm

It appears to be back on March 2.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alb222
Good. It will be resume nonstop from FLL-LAX once again. I'm sure DL will be reinstated nonstop from FLL-LAX next March 2. I thought DL will be discontinuation but, it was only temporarily suspended nonstop FLL-LAX for amount short time. Absolutely, it will be normal schedules but, which specific times will be leave from FLL?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alb222
And now it appears to have disappeared again! Can't find it in March, April, May , or June. Perhaps it is gone for good . This really sucks. For PHX trips I would fly PHX > LAX > FLL and avoid US Airways. Now I would have to fly PHX > LAX > ATL > FLL. I can't make the last PHX > ATL flight out of PHX at 4:45 and the next flight leaves PHX at 11:15 through JFK and home WAY too late the next day.

Looks like all my LAX itins (outbounds) will have to go through SLC. Not soooo bad... but without the non-stops from LAX to FLL I will have to adjust some of my mountain and pacific trips through other airlines for the inbound returns. Yuck!
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:13 pm
coz

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Evan!
Two of my FLL > LAX non-stops R/T itins have changed Called DL and they told me they are not offering that service on those dates (early Feb and late Feb). I asked what dates they ARE offering that service and she could only tell me that my late Jan itin has not changed but it appears that all non-stops will be gone starting in Feb. Very sad for me. My itins are now FLL > SLC > LAX and returning LAX > ATL > FLL.

Anyone know if this is temporary?

The flights were 1808 on the outbound and 1805 on the return.
A side note: I would personally prefer to go through SLC both directions than ATL. Better chances at upgrades, less delays, nice CRC.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have heard NK has adds second dailies from FLL-LAX coming soon. Is that true from NK has adds more frequencies from FLL-LAX. Is that DL will be discontinues from FLL-LAX, am I right? AA has reductions from FLL-LAX, too. AA will have 1 daily roundtrip. I am not sure which specific routes from FLL.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coz
A side note: I would personally prefer to go through SLC both directions than ATL. Better chances at upgrades, less delays, nice CRC.
Couldn't agree more. And for the outbound I have flexibility as I fly on Sundays. But the return is difficult because I leave on Friday.... after work. So I have to make it to SLC from XXX to catch the last direct from SLC to FLL. But it leaves at 4:55 pm. So in order for me to complete work on Friday and still depart on Friday I have to look elsewhere for my returns.

NK is looking like my best option.

DL was fantastic because I could always find a flight around 6:30 - 8:00 pm from XXX west coast city to LAX on AA, UA, DL, or US and then catch the 10pm LAX to FLL. As a PM I never once sat in coach even on the super-duper cheapo sLUT fares. NK might be the a silver lining in that I might be able to BUY a first class seat (or should I say "Big Front Seat").

I have the Spirit MC now and will see what the future holds. But I will definitely miss those 757s and even the 738s on that route.

The one true thing that irks me is the fact that DL still shows that they have NON-STOPS FLL/LAX on their interactive route maps and in Sky magazine. Yes, the non-stops are still going on right now so I have to forgive them but I have only one LAX trip left that hasn't been re-routed through SLC or ATL. Woe is me ....
Old Jan 17, 2008, 8:42 pm

i know a lot of people hate MIA (i can understand why), but aa just started phx-mia daily service on a 738. something to consider........

at least you will not have to pay to check your luggage or for non-alcoholic bevs inflight on your way to mia (versus spirit)!
Old Jan 17, 2008, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DL/AA
i know a lot of people hate MIA (i can understand why), but aa just started phx-mia daily service on a 738. something to consider........

at least you will not have to pay to check your luggage or for non-alcoholic bevs inflight on your way to mia (versus spirit)!
Yes, AA has already inauguration from MIA-PHX back on December 15, 2007. I know AA has been done extremely performing very well. If AA will gets second frequencies from MIA-PHX will upgrade the equipment 757 instead 738.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 9:36 pm

The one true thing that irks me is the fact that DL still shows that they have NON-STOPS FLL/LAX on their interactive route maps and in Sky magazine. Yes, the non-stops are still going on right now so I have to forgive them but I have only one LAX trip left that hasn't been re-routed through SLC or ATL. Woe is me ....
The interactive route map is automatically updated by data from DL flight schedules. So FLL-LAX should disappear from that route map once the remaining few FLL-LAX flights end.

I assume it'll be gone from the Sky Magazine route map in February, however, that route map is sometimes off.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N830MH
Yes, AA has already inauguration from MIA-PHX back on December 15, 2007. I know AA has been done extremely performing very well. If AA will gets second frequencies from MIA-PHX will upgrade the equipment 757 instead 738.
Thanks for the heads-up. If MIA were a reasonable option for me I would be in heaven. So many more non-stops are available to me out of Miami. However the transportation to/from MIA and the added time for the commute make it a very unattractive option.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 6:17 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
However the transportation to/from MIA and the added time for the commute make it a very unattractive option.
True But, in the big picture, an extra hour or so for travel to an airport is probably better than a lousy connection and/or missing a short connection. IMO, travel to another airport for up to 1.5 hours is still better [and even better, if you have a club to relax in], if you know you are getting on a non-stop flight, of course, YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.