Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

NEWS: Delta Employee Shuttle Bus Involved in Accident

Old Oct 31, 2007, 6:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Skymiles

from wsbtv.com:

CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. -- Officials with Delta Air Lines said eight people were sent to the hospital after an employee shuttle bus ran off the road.

The bus was involved in a accident near the airport entrance by the Camp Creek Parkway exit on Airport Boulevard, according to a Delta spokesperson. The crash happened around 3 p.m. Wednesday. About 15-20 Delta employees that work at airport were on the bus at the time.

A spokesman for Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport said it appeared the driver of the shuttle lost control and hit a guard rail.

Seven Delta employees and the bus driver were taken to area hospitals. Three people refused treatement, according to emergency officials.

Grady Memorial Hospital said the three people that were brought there were are listed in stable condition.

No life-threatening injuries or fatalities are being reported.

Camp Creek Parkway was closed down to one lane for over an hour -- it has since reopened.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by The Juiceman
Grady Memorial Hospital said the three people that were brought there were are listed in stable condition.

No life-threatening injuries or fatalities are being reported.
I'm glad it wasn't more serious!
Old Oct 31, 2007, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Traveller
I'm glad it wasn't more serious!
Good! I'm glad to hear some DL employees wasn't serious at all.
Hopefully if DL employees will be alright for while. The driver need more extra carefully what he was doing on the streets. Don't let him out of control courtesy shuttle in ATL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.