Regular Delta Passenger Working the Snack Cart

Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Regular Delta Passenger Working the Snack Cart

On my flight from the East Coast to SLC on 10/26, I was in coach and looked up and saw a guy in his late teens or early twenties passing out snacks from the cart. He was dressed in casual dress. I asked him if he was a regular passenger. He said yes. I asked him why he was working the snack cart. He said it was a long flight and he wanted to do something to kill time and was in a middle seat. I asked him if it was hard to drive the cart and apply the brake. He said no trouble. No one else seemed to notice or care. He did a nice job ... offered the snack pack with a napkin. I don't think he was a FAM.

I didn't want to mention the exact flight (in case this is a violation of company policy). The rest of the crew was working also.

Ever seen this? Maybe I should try it to kill time on a long flight ... However, I'd probably nail a few of your arms and elbows as I drove down the aisle ...

Happydad
Old Oct 26, 2007, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
I think I'd rather drive the liquor cart.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
I think I'd rather drive the liquor cart.
You can drive the cart, I'll drink from it.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 2:14 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I can see where this thread is going...
Old Oct 26, 2007, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
I can see where this thread is going...
And I like it.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by happydad100
He was dressed in casual dress. I asked him if he was a regular passenger. He said yes.

Obviously an off duty FA helping out his buddies and looking to kill time. @:-)
Old Oct 26, 2007, 7:04 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by happydad100
On my flight from the East Coast to SLC on 10/26, I was in coach and looked up and saw a guy in his late teens or early twenties passing out snacks from the cart. He was dressed in casual dress. I asked him if he was a regular passenger. He said yes. I asked him why he was working the snack cart. He said it was a long flight and he wanted to do something to kill time and was in a middle seat. I asked him if it was hard to drive the cart and apply the brake. He said no trouble. No one else seemed to notice or care. He did a nice job ... offered the snack pack with a napkin. I don't think he was a FAM.

I didn't want to mention the exact flight (in case this is a violation of company policy). The rest of the crew was working also.

Ever seen this? Maybe I should try it to kill time on a long flight ... However, I'd probably nail a few of your arms and elbows as I drove down the aisle ...

Happydad
Hey, that was me. Just Kidding. It was prob a Non-Rev Off duty Employee that was helping out.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 7:11 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat, Hertz 5*Gold, MR Silver, Avis Preferred, AMEX Plat/SPG/DeltaPlat
yup I'd have to say it was an off-duty employee!
Old Oct 26, 2007, 7:28 am

Programs: DL FC, NW
Can't beleive the lead FA allowed this to happen.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 7:37 am

Programs: Skyteam
I see off-duty FAs do this all the time.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by skchin
I've seen it on the DL shuttle a few times. It is nice of them to help out on a short flight like that. I've never seen it happen on the US Shuttle.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skchin
OP Here. This is what I suspected when I saw him. However, I specifically asked him if he was off-duty and he said no. Said he was on his way to SLC to some event involving his skateboards (had a couple of boards with him).
Old Oct 26, 2007, 9:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Hey, I am not and never have been an FA, but I've been known to assist FAs in closing all the bins pre-takeoff when seated in a certain cabin on a CO 767...
Old Oct 26, 2007, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
Don't forget that this is breast cancer awareness month so a lot of FAs are wearing the pink and grey tshirts.

It probably does not cover this case but in general this month a lot of employees are in casual wear.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:34 am

Thumbs up

i had the same thing happen on my last flight too. noticed a guy sitting in a middle seat near me and the next time i saw him he was working the cart. he looked nice w/ all black on and i was confused. but now reading this, i guess it happens a lot, off duty fa's helping out. very cool delta employees!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.