Search

T-Mobile Day Pass Problems at CRs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2007, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/SkyClub
T-Mobile Day Pass Problems at CRs

Does anyone have advice for this issue:

You go to a Crown Room, get a 1-day tmobile day pass card, set up an account with a username/password, fill out all those cells of info, get it working fine.

Then you go to a different CR the next week and get a new 1-day pass card. You login with your previously-setup username and password, then click on "replensish account" or whatever and then it says "this type of account is not setup for this..."

The only workaround I have found is to setup a brand new account (retype all that setup crap) and start from scratch each time. What a pain! Does anyone know of an easy way just "replenish" your existing 1-day account each time with the new code off the tmobile card you get each time at the CR? iwould rather not setup a "formal" paying tmobile account since I only want to use the free 1-day things at CRs.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Hmmm... I'm not sure why you're experiencing that. I always try to login first (type in name/password) because sometimes for some reason it logs me in directly without using the card (so now I have a stack of cards in my bag). If it doesn't, then it takes me to a screen where I can replenish the account. When I type in the card #, it brings the screen up with all my info, and I just have to retype a password. It's still clunky, but I don't have to retype all my info, just password. I'm not sure why you're getting the "you account isn't setup for..." message. Sorry!
Old Oct 14, 2007, 9:46 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jjglaze77
Hmmm... I'm not sure why you're experiencing that. I always try to login first (type in name/password) because sometimes for some reason it logs me in directly without using the card (so now I have a stack of cards in my bag). If it doesn't, then it takes me to a screen where I can replenish the account. When I type in the card #, it brings the screen up with all my info, and I just have to retype a password. It's still clunky, but I don't have to retype all my info, just password. I'm not sure why you're getting the "you account isn't setup for..." message. Sorry!
Thanks for this...I was going through the same routine as the OP, but will try this method next time.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I'll try this as well. I had been resorting to just using my first initial, last name and the date I was using the card (for example, today would be 101407) and just creating anew account.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 11:12 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Hmmm... I'm not sure why you're experiencing that. I always try to login first (type in name/password) because sometimes for some reason it logs me in directly without using the card (so now I have a stack of cards in my bag). If it doesn't, then it takes me to a screen where I can replenish the account.
My initial (and only) TMobile account has worked exactly this way for me as well. No need to set up a new account every time.

By the way, there is a current TMobile promotion where you get a second day free. It doesn't have to be contiguous with the first. Yes, I too am getting a small cache of extra cards. This is useful because they occasionally they run out of them at some busy CRs.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
The problem is that they don't reciprocate with other clubs. ie WorldClubs
Old Oct 14, 2007, 3:00 pm

Do you have to show a CRC card to get the day passes at all locations or are there some locations where a NW WC or CO PC card will do the trick?
Old Oct 14, 2007, 3:44 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by mikey1003
The problem is that they don't reciprocate with other clubs. ie WorldClubs
At WorldClubs, Presidents Clubs and Board Rooms (i.e. the domestic partner lounges) wifi is free. In some locations where T-mobile has a contract with the airport (like SFO), you could choose to use the non-free option ;-)

Originally Posted by Lurker1999
Do you have to show a CRC card to get the day passes at all locations or are there some locations where a NW WC or CO PC card will do the trick?
I believe that you must show a CRC card to get a day pass...unless you meet an exceptionally friendly staff member.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 4:24 pm
KLC
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
... I believe that you must show a CRC card to get a day pass...unless you meet an exceptionally friendly staff member.
You do need to be a CRC member to get the pass, but I've never been asked for my card - the notation on a boarding pass is sufficient.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL PM CRC, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
OK, I'm feeling especially stupid listening to this discussion. Free T-Mobile day pass w/ CRC card? Is this written somewhere? I've been a CRC member for over a year and I had no clue.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 7:28 pm
KLC
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by SRB_EUFlyer
.... Free T-Mobile day pass w/ CRC card? Is this written somewhere? ....
There have been a couple of threads on this benefit.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=19006

If not for Flyertalk, I wouldn't have known anything about it either! I haven't found anything on delta.com, but think I saw a tent card in one of the CRCs noting it. Definitely a low key promotion.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 7:30 pm

Programs: Delta - PM; Marriott - Gold; Hilton - Silver
Originally Posted by SRB_EUFlyer
OK, I'm feeling especially stupid listening to this discussion. Free T-Mobile day pass w/ CRC card? Is this written somewhere? I've been a CRC member for over a year and I had no clue.
It's not openly publicized at the CRC. Just go to the desk and ask for the free 1-day pass; they'll ask you for proof of CRC membership (i.e. card or boarding pass), then set-up your account and you're in.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by keeton
By the way, there is a current TMobile promotion where you get a second day free. It doesn't have to be contiguous with the first. Yes, I too am getting a small cache of extra cards. This is useful because they occasionally they run out of them at some busy CRs.
That must be the reason! Yeah... It's nice having extras... I've found myself in different airports without a CRC, but with TMobile (ONT perhaps?) and been able to get in with my extra cards.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 11:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
So I take it you cannot get a tmobile pass if you are on a one day CR pass?
Old Oct 15, 2007, 8:47 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Priority Club, Hhonors
T-Mobile/CRC/AmEx Platinum

If your only means of access to the CRC is the AmEx Platinum Card, can you still get free T-mobile internet access?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.