FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   Netflix SkyMiles Offer is 2,500, not 1,000 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/738253-netflix-skymiles-offer-2-500-not-1-000-a.html)

delmargal Sep 20, 2007 4:23 pm

Netflix SkyMiles Offer is 2,500, not 1,000

The Delta partners page claims 1000 Skymiles for joining Netflix, but when you click "see details" the Netflix page says 2500 Skymiles.

Pretty good deal.

KKing_SkyMilesPartnership Sep 25, 2007 9:33 am

Netflix

Originally Posted by delmargal (Post 8436671)
The Delta partners page claims 1000 Skymiles for joining Netflix, but when you click "see details" the Netflix page says 2500 Skymiles.

Pretty good deal.

Hello. I'm the SkyMiles account manager for our relationship with Netflix. We are currently offering a 1000 miles bonus on top of the standard 1500 miles offered for sign up for a limited time.

I hope you can take advantage and sign up for this good deal. I just got the "Last King of Scotland" in the mail to watch last night and enjoyed getting my own 2500 miles!

This is my first post to FlyerTalk. I will try to post when I'm able. ~KKing_SkyMilesPartnership

jerry crump Sep 25, 2007 10:26 am

I love Netflix especially since they added a Little Rock mail center. Previously we got movies from Houston then Memphis. Cutting the delay is great. I'm happy to see a DL rep respond and by the way welcome to flyertalk. I hope you stick around for more than just this one post.

Out of curiosity how did you find out about this post KKing_SkyMilesPartnership?

Gargoyle Sep 25, 2007 11:23 am

KKing_SkyMilesPartnership, welcome to FT! Hope you stick around and maybe even post some more. (how about special miles bonuses for renting any flix which include DL product placement in the scenes?)

I've never used Netflix, but my daughter, the Gargoylette, does. Maybe with this incentive I'll give it a try :)

silverthief2 Sep 25, 2007 3:07 pm

I signed up for Netflix last month and the 2500 miles posted just today. I'd forgotten about the incentive so it was a nice surprise when I logged in to DL this p.m. :)

dmorgan3 Nov 3, 2007 2:16 pm

How long do you have to stay a member of Netflix in order to earn the Skymiles? There is a 2 week period in which you can cancel and get your $4.99 refunded, but I want to be sure not to lose the miles.

Thanks

coz Nov 3, 2007 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by dmorgan3 (Post 8671293)
How long do you have to stay a member of Netflix in order to earn the Skymiles? There is a 2 week period in which you can cancel and get your $4.99 refunded, but I want to be sure to lose the miles.

Thanks

Once you use Netflix for 2 weeks you won't want a refund.

--
Coz

delmargal Nov 3, 2007 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by dmorgan3 (Post 8671293)
How long do you have to stay a member of Netflix in order to earn the Skymiles? There is a 2 week period in which you can cancel and get your $4.99 refunded, but I want to be sure to lose the miles.

Thanks

You get the miles with a paid subscription so you have to do the 2 free weeks then let them charge your CC for the first month, at that point you can cancel.

painkillah1 Nov 5, 2007 9:35 pm

Deal looks like it is still working. Link to 2500 Skymiles at Netflix I just signed up for the $8.99 plan which is well worth the membership + the skymiles. 1 DVD at a time plus instant online downloads.

Fine print reads: Please allow 8-10 weeks for mileage postings

arfgoblue Jan 26, 2008 12:22 pm

Bump!

Does Netflix check Delta SkyMiles #...i had signed up and cancelled, but it was a year ago...

Also, how long is the turn-around time right now? It would be awesome if I can signup and get the miles during the free trial period, as I have to do this for 3 accounts...

Cheers!

aka Julie Jan 26, 2008 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by arfgoblue (Post 9139344)
Does Netflix check Delta SkyMiles #...i had signed up and cancelled, but it was a year ago...

Also, how long is the turn-around time right now? It would be awesome if I can signup and get the miles during the free trial period, as I have to do this for 3 accounts...

I'd like to know too. I cancelled my membership about 2 years ago.

Carter29072 Jan 26, 2008 2:34 pm

What is the cheapest plan at Netflix? 8.99 sounds pretty good. I have the in-store plan at Blockbuster and it has gone up to $30 which is ridiculous. I know everyone has gone to the mail movie plans but I have been reluctant to try them because I get in the mood for a movie and I want to be able to walk in to the store and grab a movie and go home and watch it right then and not wait a day or two for it to come in the mail. For 2500 miles and only 8.99, I might be willing to try it. Also, how would I do this with two people in the same house having to different skymiles accounts. Could I sign us both up with two different netflix accounts so that we could both get this counted towards our partner incentives. Thanks for any info.:)

TravisMT81 Jan 26, 2008 2:38 pm

Thanks I signed up last week and already got my first movie, it is a great source for lgbt movies!

Carter29072 Jan 30, 2008 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Carter29072 (Post 9139804)
What is the cheapest plan at Netflix? 8.99 sounds pretty good. I have the in-store plan at Blockbuster and it has gone up to $30 which is ridiculous. I know everyone has gone to the mail movie plans but I have been reluctant to try them because I get in the mood for a movie and I want to be able to walk in to the store and grab a movie and go home and watch it right then and not wait a day or two for it to come in the mail. For 2500 miles and only 8.99, I might be willing to try it. Also, how would I do this with two people in the same house having to different skymiles accounts. Could I sign us both up with two different netflix accounts so that we could both get this counted towards our partner incentives. Thanks for any info.:)

Bumping this up to the top, hoping to get an answer to this. THanks

hdatontodo Jan 30, 2008 6:51 am

>>What is the cheapest plan at Netflix? 8.99 sounds pretty good.

When you go to register, there are radio buttons for several options, with $8.99 being the lowest on that screen. As you get further down the sign-up process, a wider range is displayed with the lowest being $4.99 for two movies per month and only 2 hours of streaming movies.

The $8.99 plan has unlimited one at a time movies and unlimited streaming movies to your PC. I have a cable to connect my laptop to my TV which has a VGA input.