Netflix SkyMiles Offer is 2,500, not 1,000

Old Jan 30, 08, 8:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy PLT, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
wow I did not realize they have streaming movies online, thanks for letting us know!
Old Feb 9, 08, 1:05 pm

Programs: big pimpin'
Originally Posted by hdatontodo View Post
When you go to register, there are radio buttons for several options, with $8.99 being the lowest on that screen. As you get further down the sign-up process, a wider range is displayed with the lowest being $4.99 for two movies per month and only 2 hours of streaming movies.
Just got my SkyMiles Insider, and it shows the Netflix promotion, but it states:

"Join today - plans start at only $8.99"

Has anyone gotten the miles with the $5.99 plan? Also, I got charged today and still haven't received the miles, so no easy cancel during the free period. Oh well...still pretty cheap through!
Old Feb 9, 08, 1:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy PLT, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
I still have not been credited mine either!
Old Feb 10, 08, 9:52 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted by arfgoblue View Post
Just got my SkyMiles Insider, and it shows the Netflix promotion, but it states:

"Join today - plans start at only $8.99"

Has anyone gotten the miles with the $5.99 plan? Also, I got charged today and still haven't received the miles, so no easy cancel during the free period. Oh well...still pretty cheap through!
I think I read you don't get the miles without paying (ie no miles for the free trial), so it may take a lil bit after today when the charge came through for them to post for you.
Old Mar 3, 08, 11:37 am

I earned AA miles last year signing up with Netflix. Last week I signed up through the Delta link. I was charged right away, with no free trial period, so I expect I won't receive miles either. Despite using a different credit card and email address, Netflix must be smarter now about enforcing the "new members only" rule.
Old Mar 3, 08, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by rrgg View Post
I earned AA miles last year signing up with Netflix. Last week I signed up through the Delta link. I was charged right away, with no free trial period, so I expect I won't receive miles either. Despite using a different credit card and email address, Netflix must be smarter now about enforcing the "new members only" rule.
You may have had luck by changing your mail address, as well.
Old Mar 3, 08, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by tkey75 View Post
You may have had luck by changing your mail address, as well.
Actually, I did change my mailing address on the old account before closing it.
Old Mar 3, 08, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg View Post
I ended my first Netflix membership over 2 years ago. If I recall correctly when I signed up the first time there were no promo miles involved, just 2-week trial period.

I signed up again last month using the Delta 2,500 sign-up bonus link. I used a different e-mail address, but same name & physical address. I got the 2 week free trial and after that they charged my credit card for the first full month. I got my 2,500 SkyMiles shortly thereafter.

Maybe because you had a free 2-month trial period last year, albeit with AA, you did not qualify for another free 2-month trial in such a "short" timespan.
Old Mar 3, 08, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by aka Julie View Post
Maybe because you had a free 2-month trial period last year, albeit with AA, you did not qualify for another free 2-month trial in such a "short" timespan.
Just to clarify, I had a 2-week free trial period when I signed up through AA. (I do want to be a real Netflix customer, but I care about the miles more than the free trial.)
Old Mar 4, 08, 8:54 am

I was about to sign up for Netflix, because I knew they had a $4.99 plan and I figured for 2,500 miles it was worth it--at least for a short period. Then I discovered, it is now only 1,500 miles and the cheapest plan I saw was $8.99(without going through the application process which someone said revealed cheaper plans), so I'm not so sure this is worth it. I'm I misreading things?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: