Wiki Posts
Search

Friend got 15,000 MQMs free - how?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2007, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Friend got 15,000 MQMs free - how?

My friend used to be a PM 2 years ago. Last 2 years, he's been in grad school and flew less than 10k miles each year. This year, he had some 8K miles thanks to a Europe trip and suddenly got 15 K MQMs last month to become an FO. There were no mailings or emails.

Is there a program that does this? I'm going to be in the same boat next year and would like to take advantage of any such offer.

Thanks
Old Sep 2, 2007, 7:46 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
There was a promo for this...

Originally Posted by gowest
My friend used to be a PM 2 years ago. Last 2 years, he's been in grad school and flew less than 10k miles each year. This year, he had some 8K miles thanks to a Europe trip and suddenly got 15 K MQMs last month to become an FO. There were no mailings or emails.

Is there a program that does this? I'm going to be in the same boat next year and would like to take advantage of any such offer.

Thanks
I don't have the link, or remember all the details, but there was some promo that I signed up Mrs. GaryO3 for since she had a couple of trips coming up (this was a couple of months back). I just looked at her account, and she got the 15k MQM on 8/23 getting her to within throwing distance of FO.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by gowest

Thanks
It was fly 7,500 MQMs get 15K MQM bonus. Fly another 5K and get an additional 10K MQM bonus. I think he had to sign up for it and it was targeted.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 6:03 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, CO, HH, PP
Originally Posted by El Boocho
It was fly 7,500 MQMs get 15K MQM bonus. Fly another 5K and get an additional 10K MQM bonus. I think he had to sign up for it and it was targeted.
Not sure whether the program was targeted or not, but you did have to sign up and fly the 7500 and 5000 miles between Jun15 and Aug31.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 7:55 am

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by scassett
Not sure whether the program was targeted or not, but you did have to sign up and fly the 7500 and 5000 miles between Jun15 and Aug31.
I remember it's between Jun15 and Sep15, am I wrong?
Old Sep 4, 2007, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by davidwu
I remember it's between Jun15 and Sep15, am I wrong?
You are correct. I received the offer and it ran through sept 15.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 10:01 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by jwrhn
You are correct. I received the offer and it ran through sept 15.
Here is the thread on that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.