Domestic FC good news!!!!!

Old Aug 2, 2007, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by sxf24
A good idea in theory, but the real cost of catering is not the food, but the labor and expenses required to store, prepare, package and deliver the catering to the aircraft for every flight.

DL has decided that the best strategy is to provide its customers the most value by moving to a higher-quality experience on a smaller number of longer flights where it is more likely to sell F seats.
But Delta should realize that someone doing BRU-ATL-DEN on a J ticket for example will arrive in ATL after a small meal and then will not get anything reasonable for the upcoming 6 or 7 h, including the remaining flight time after the meal, immigraton, connection and then flight ATL-DEN which is over 3h.
Conclusion? You have some hungry pissed off J paying passenger.
Meals are not that expensive to provide. It's a worthy expense to attract more travelers and keep them coming.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
But Delta should realize that someone doing BRU-ATL-DEN on a J ticket for example will arrive in ATL after a small meal and then will not get anything reasonable for the upcoming 6 or 7 h, including the remaining flight time after the meal, immigraton, connection and then flight ATL-DEN which is over 3h.
Meals are not that expensive to provide. It's a worthy expense to attract more travelers and keep them coming.
First, you get a full meal and two snacks on BRU-ATL, even in Y. If you're still hungry, you can buy food in ATL.

I'm not sure meals attract more travelers. CO doesn't seem to have a larger share of the market or even fuller planes because they offer meals.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 4:28 pm

I'm actually confused here.....How does one fly J class from BRU and only receive a small meal unless that is what you chose to do....BRU-ATL usually blocks around 945 or so....you would receive a 5 course 2 1/2 hour meal....continuous snack during the flight and then a choice of grilled chicken salad or hamburger 1 1/2 hours before landing....so basically 2 full meals in just under 10 hours...

Not really a small meal...while I agree...we could do more to provide food from ATL - to the west....give it some time....food is on it's way
Old Aug 2, 2007, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Here's another way to look at it:
For someone flying BRU-ATL-DEN, he/she will have lunch and the snack (burger or quesadilla or pizza) on board. The snack will essentially be like dinner back home (it's served around BRU dinner time). The ATL-DEN flight happens during three hours in which this individual would normally be asleep anyway (i.e., 12 midnight and 3am BRU time)...under normal circumstances, he/she would never be having that meal anyway.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 6:21 pm

Programs: Skymiles SM
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Did I hear amenity kit :-)

Wonder if that is JFK only....
Its nothing fancy, eyeshades, some moisturizing cream and earplugs.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 6:41 pm

Funny to see how people just bitc* and piss and moan no matter what way Delta treats them... Good or bad.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
...The ATL-DEN flight happens during three hours in which this individual would normally be asleep anyway (i.e., 12 midnight and 3am BRU time)...under normal circumstances, he/she would never be having that meal anyway.
But that incorrectly assumes that a person's body clock remains on origination city time until all flights are complated. Many, myself included, would "party" the night before, sleep a few hours on the XATL, and that ATLDEN flight would be only a few hours off, maybe more like 8 - 11 PM, ready for the late evening snack.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 7:29 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Avis First
Originally Posted by DeltaRIC
Funny to see how people just bitc* and piss and moan no matter what way Delta treats them... Good or bad.
I am with you. It doesn't matter what happens b/c some people will b!tch and moan no matter what.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 7:49 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by DL4EVR
Employee?
Nope...just a practically minded PM whoever doesn't sweat the small stuff and can adapt to using plastic for a meal.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 8:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
First, you get a full meal and two snacks on BRU-ATL, even in Y. If you're still hungry, you can buy food in ATL.

I'm not sure meals attract more travelers. CO doesn't seem to have a larger share of the market or even fuller planes because they offer meals.
I never said you do not get a meal on BRU-ATL. You do. And a pre-landing snack. But it's after that you get no more meal.
As for buying food in ATL, this is crazy. If you paid in excess of 5k$ for a BRU-DEN, DL should keep you from getting hungry. You also have to clear custom and immigration and may not have time to get food.
Originally Posted by TheDELTAexperience
I'm actually confused here.....How does one fly J class from BRU and only receive a small meal unless that is what you chose to do....BRU-ATL usually blocks around 945 or so....you would receive a 5 course 2 1/2 hour meal....continuous snack during the flight and then a choice of grilled chicken salad or hamburger 1 1/2 hours before landing....so basically 2 full meals in just under 10 hours...

Not really a small meal...while I agree...we could do more to provide food from ATL - to the west....give it some time....food is on it's way
I disagree with the 2 full meals. The second meal is on the light side compared to what anybody in my family would eat for a normal dinner. The point is that after that, there's still 6h to go before arriving at destination. We are bound to get hungry.

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Here's another way to look at it:
For someone flying BRU-ATL-DEN, he/she will have lunch and the snack (burger or quesadilla or pizza) on board. The snack will essentially be like dinner back home (it's served around BRU dinner time). The ATL-DEN flight happens during three hours in which this individual would normally be asleep anyway (i.e., 12 midnight and 3am BRU time)...under normal circumstances, he/she would never be having that meal anyway.
And you can be kept awake 6h and not get hungry?
I am wondering if you guys are advocating anybody flying DL int'l from Europe to Denver should be a fasting monk!!!
Old Aug 2, 2007, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaRIC
I disagree with that characterization. I've been very pleased with Delta overall, and I think I've been pretty vocal about that.

The food thing has been an issue which has bugged me for some time and I've raised my voice about it. Am I going to leave Delta over it? No. It's something important enough to me that I'll express an opinion on it. It's no different than the continual b*tching we hear about day-of-departure international upgrades.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 8:43 pm
Suspended

I never said you do not get a meal on BRU-ATL. You do. And a pre-landing snack. But it's after that you get no more meal.
You said "small meal."

As for buying food in ATL, this is crazy. If you paid in excess of 5k$ for a BRU-DEN, DL should keep you from getting hungry. You also have to clear custom and immigration and may not have time to get food.
You purchased travel from Point A to Point B, not a babysitter or butler. DL feeds you multiple times on overseas flights. You also get snacks on domestic flights. If this nourishment is not sufficient for your needs, fly another airline or bring your own food. DL delivers on what it promises and is very, very competitive with every other airline flying DEN-BRU.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 8:44 pm

I disagree with the 2 full meals. The second meal is on the light side compared to what anybody in my family would eat for a normal dinner. The point is that after that, there's still 6h to go before arriving at destination. We are bound to get hungry.

And you can be kept awake 6h and not get hungry?
I am wondering if you guys are advocating anybody flying DL int'l from Europe to Denver should be a fasting monk!!!
hmmmm....ok....so i've sorta calculated what you could consume in the 2 meals ( and yes i stand by that comment ) and you could easily eat / drink in excess of 3000-4000 calories....and an adult male should eat about 2500 calories a day....so...a fasting monk....i think not....

Now....I do believe food should be offered from ATL-DEN and to the west coast for that matter....but not because you only had a "snack" from BRU....but because it's the right thing to do
Old Aug 2, 2007, 8:52 pm

Y
You purchased travel from Point A to Point B, not a babysitter or butler. DL feeds you multiple times on overseas flights. You also get snacks on domestic flights. If this nourishment is not sufficient for your needs, fly another airline or bring your own food. DL delivers on what it promises and is very, very competitive with every other airline flying DEN-BRU.
I have not waited for your advise. I do fly *A airlines now to and from Europe in F.
The food issue is only a minor reason for which I am not using DL on those routes anymore but it does contribute.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 8:54 pm

hmmmm....ok....so i've sorta calculated what you could consume in the 2 meals ( and yes i stand by that comment ) and you could easily eat / drink in excess of 3000-4000 calories....and an adult male should eat about 2500 calories a day....so...a fasting monk....i think not....
Well fasting from sun-down (or is that from first touch down ) 'til Denver. And though one could easily drink and eat 3000-4000 calories, I do not intend to go that way!
A good diet is made of more smaller regular meals. So give me a meal on ATL-DEN
Now....I do believe food should be offered from ATL-DEN and to the west coast for that matter....but not because you only had a "snack" from BRU....but because it's the right thing to do
We both agree on this! From one of your previous posts, are you saying it is coming back?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.