Wiki Posts
Search

60K posted out of nowhere!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2007, 9:09 am
BLV
Original Poster

60K posted out of nowhere!

Logged into my skymiles last night to see extra 60K under "2Q07 MR TRNSFR". I'm thinking this was accidentally posted to my account instead of somebody else's? Anyone has any ideas?
Old Jul 3, 2007, 9:19 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by BLV
Logged into my skymiles last night to see extra 60K under "2Q07 MR TRNSFR". I'm thinking this was accidentally posted to my account instead of somebody else's? Anyone has any ideas?
It happens at banks all the time. I'm not sure if the airline has the checks and balances to catch it on their own. Probably whomever it was intended for will miss it though.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Go somewhere quickly before they catch up with you!!
Old Jul 3, 2007, 9:32 am

Sounds like a Marriott Rewards transfer. Someone may have miskeyed their Delta number. Surely that person will notice not having received them and will have Delta investigate.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 9:33 am

Programs: DL DM (where is my Diamond Tiara?)
Wow, just the thought of that happening to my account has me salivating....
Old Jul 3, 2007, 9:34 am

I think it would be a bonus on a Membership Rewards transfer. Did you transfer 300k or so AMEX points last quarter?
Old Jul 3, 2007, 9:37 am
BLV
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crazygrow
Sounds like a Marriott Rewards transfer. Someone may have miskeyed their Delta number. Surely that person will notice not having received them and will have Delta investigate.
I don't think this is related to Marriott Rewards. I don't stay at Marriott and looking at my 12 months history, there were Q406 MR TRNSFR points transferred back in January.

I hope they don't take it away lol, but I'm prepared. After all, they weren't supposed to have been there.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 9:38 am
BLV
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mtparadis
I think it would be a bonus on a Membership Rewards transfer. Did you transfer 300k or so AMEX points last quarter?
Last month I transfered around 150k Amex points.

Edit: Ah, last quarter, not month. Then definitely yes. I hope you're correct :-).

Last edited by BLV; Jul 3, 2007 at 9:53 am
Old Jul 3, 2007, 10:22 am

Programs: DAL Diamond, JB Mosaic, AGR Select+, SPG Plat 75, Hyatt Diamond, AXP Plat, AXP DAL Reserve, AXP SPG
Amex was running a promotion through June 15 on MR points transferred to Delta SM -- but I don't think it was a 40% bonus. I thought it was more like 15 or 20%...
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:41 am

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Couple of years ago, MBNA posted over 700,000 Mles into my account in increments of 32,767, sadly they realised after about 6 months and took ever dam one back!!!
Old Jul 3, 2007, 4:06 pm

Programs: Delta PM/CRC, AA GLD/AC, SPG Gold
This is a little sadistic, but, I would transfer them all out to an alternate account right away. You pay the transfer fees but still get two, almost three skysaver awards...gotta be worth it.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 4:21 pm

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bonzz
This is a little sadistic, but, I would transfer them all out to an alternate account right away. You pay the transfer fees but still get two, almost three skysaver awards...gotta be worth it.
In this case sounds like it may be a correct addition to OP's account. If not sounds like to do that would be a bit dishonest. Like if the bank made an error like that if you took all the money out, you would have to repay it.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 4:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM
I'm missing a few miles, they could be mine
Old Jul 3, 2007, 4:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
My MR transfer bonus also posted as 2Q07 MR TRNSFR.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL FC, NW
Originally Posted by tkey75
Go somewhere quickly before they catch up with you!!
Wonder if they would have any recourse against someone if they cashed them in quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.