Power plug connection adaptor fiir Delta

Old Jun 5, 2007, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Power plug connection adaptor fiir Delta

I am a NW Worldperks who often flys Delta to get WP points. I need some help on how to plug into the power outlets. On NW, it is simply a three prong connections but on Delta, there is some kind on an adoptor that I noticed people had. What exactly is it, what is it called (I am a non-techie), can I order it on line, what does it cost?

Any help much appreciated as I have a long flight on Delta coming up.

Thanks

Joe 747
Old Jun 5, 2007, 5:40 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Gold
It's called "emPower", and you'll need one if you're lucky enough to get a flight that has functioning outlets. Check Seatguru to see if your seat will have an outlet before you buy. The folks in the Travel Tech forum have several threads explaining how to buy emPower adaptors.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
The refurbushed 763's on int'l have a standard three prong outlet in the B/E seats. AFAIK they don't have anything in coach. (except for the outlet in the LAV...you could recharge your laptop there... )
Old Jun 5, 2007, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
The refurbushed 763's on int'l have a standard three prong outlet in the B/E seats. AFAIK they don't have anything in coach. (except for the outlet in the LAV...you could recharge your laptop there... )
Hey! Some of us youngins have switched over from magazines and books to laptops.

it's not that strange...
Old Jun 5, 2007, 3:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Starwood Gold, HHonors Gold
There are also standard US 3-prong outlets in F on the reconfigured ex-Song 757s. Just be sure if you have a laptop to disable charging or you can trip the breaker for the row. Note that if you have a Dell, disabled charging is a "feature" of all third-party adapters like iGo...
Old Jun 5, 2007, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by dane1
There are also standard US 3-prong outlets in F on the reconfigured ex-Song 757s. Just be sure if you have a laptop to disable charging or you can trip the breaker for the row. Note that if you have a Dell, disabled charging is a "feature" of all third-party adapters like iGo...
The Kensington 120W adapter will charge my Dell D610 just fine so it's adapter dependent whether the Dell "feature" is present.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Lurker1999
The Kensington 120W adapter
I recommend this charger. I've used it for a few years and it is quite useful. Too bad neither of the emPower ports on the 738 this week were work for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.