Flights changed from First to Business Elite

 
Old Jun 2, 07, 1:30 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 256
Flights changed from First to Business Elite

I have two upcoming award itineraries booked in first. One from JFK to SFO and a second from JFK to LAS. Both itins had the flight numbers changed. Everything else was the same (equipment, flight times) but the class is now Business elite. Of course, I had to call to get the seat assignments back. Does anyone know the point of this? Is it a marketing issue?
Carolellen607 is offline  
Old Jun 2, 07, 1:32 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hopefully on a plane...
Posts: 6,580
Originally Posted by Carolellen607 View Post
I have two upcoming award itineraries booked in first. One from JFK to SFO and a second from JFK to LAS. Both itins had the flight numbers changed. Everything else was the same (equipment, flight times) but the class is now Business elite. Of course, I had to call to get the seat assignments back. Does anyone know the point of this? Is it a marketing issue?
It's not BusinessElite, it's Business. The domestic marketing of first class flights whose flight number continues on to an international destination (or continued on from in this case).

There is no difference in your flight/seats.
WBurcham is offline  
Old Jun 2, 07, 2:02 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 256
Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
It's not BusinessElite, it's Business. The domestic marketing of first class flights whose flight number continues on to an international destination (or continued on from in this case).
Thanks. That's what I thought at first, but if you check all the direct flights on a given date in september from JFK to SFO or JFK to LAS or JFK to LAX and all return flights, they all come up as Business class; whereas before they were all first. By the way, although I thought domestic Business was not Business Elite, the Itin emailed to me shows Business elite for some reason.
Carolellen607 is offline  
Old Jun 2, 07, 2:55 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Daytona Beach
Posts: 586
If it's a 757, then it's the same old seats as domestic F although you may score with ex-Song video in every seat.
ComAirKid is offline  
Old Jun 2, 07, 7:02 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: SEA or EYW
Posts: 467
It's the mysterious phantom BE Transcon product. All pax in front sign a non disclosure agreement- don't want anyone knowing they had real glasses and silverware
I'm bummed- have moved most of my travel for the rest of the year from NW to DL- now I see in the NW forum new improved meals in domestic F and Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream-
frankc98376 is offline  
Old Jun 2, 07, 8:02 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hopefully on a plane...
Posts: 6,580
Originally Posted by Carolellen607 View Post
Thanks. That's what I thought at first, but if you check all the direct flights on a given date in september from JFK to SFO or JFK to LAS or JFK to LAX and all return flights, they all come up as Business class; whereas before they were all first. By the way, although I thought domestic Business was not Business Elite, the Itin emailed to me shows Business elite for some reason.
Well, it's POSSIBLE that the AA 757's with BE config could be doing these turns in their downtime from Europe. Since the first announced 757 isn't doing a 7 day per week TATL run (this is JFK-EDI) maybe they are using them for domestic ops....

When are you going/what does the seat map look like? The press release says these re-fitted 757-200s' will have 16 seats in BE and 158 seats in economy.
That'd make it 4 rows of 2 x 2.
WBurcham is offline  
Old Jun 2, 07, 8:31 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: DEN now - ATL and ILM in my heart
Programs: Not enough to count anymore
Posts: 451
JFK changes?!?

After seeing this thread, I did some schedule searches and it appears the current set of changes shows ALL JFK domestic transcon routes from DEN west now are labeled as business (at least in August) and have independent flight numbers from 400 thru at least 425 which do not continue international. Wonder why DL made this change? Could we service changes on the JFK transcons or is DL just removing the flight number on time performance history.
cell7481 is offline  
Old Jun 2, 07, 9:55 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: SEA or EYW
Posts: 467
Interesting- I noticed that for the past several weeks flite 1032 SEA-ATL has shown in FLIFO in SABRE "BETR FLIGHT SEA-ATL"-is added each day after departure. I haven't seen this one an any other flites- was curious if BETR has something to do with Business Elite.
frankc98376 is offline  
Old Jun 2, 07, 10:46 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hopefully on a plane...
Posts: 6,580
Originally Posted by frankc98376 View Post
Interesting- I noticed that for the past several weeks flite 1032 SEA-ATL has shown in FLIFO in SABRE "BETR FLIGHT SEA-ATL"-is added each day after departure. I haven't seen this one an any other flites- was curious if BETR has something to do with Business Elite.
Hmmm..... That's interesting. I think we'd have heard that though if it was the case. I think it's a little hard to believe though as there really aren't any spare 763's sitting around then.
WBurcham is offline  
Old Jun 3, 07, 4:37 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 256
Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
Well, it's POSSIBLE that the AA 757's with BE config could be doing these turns in their downtime from Europe. Since the first announced 757 isn't doing a 7 day per week TATL run (this is JFK-EDI) maybe they are using them for domestic ops....

When are you going/what does the seat map look like? The press release says these re-fitted 757-200s' will have 16 seats in BE and 158 seats in economy.
That'd make it 4 rows of 2 x 2.
It's 26 seats in first class. The flights are all in the 400 series and while they are definitely during meal times I just noticed that the tickets do not show a code for a meal. (I would think this is an error.) The previous flights showed breakfast or lunch.
Carolellen607 is offline  
Old Jun 3, 07, 12:31 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,350
Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
Well, it's POSSIBLE that the AA 757's with BE config could be doing these turns in their downtime from Europe. Since the first announced 757 isn't doing a 7 day per week TATL run (this is JFK-EDI) maybe they are using them for domestic ops....

When are you going/what does the seat map look like? The press release says these re-fitted 757-200s' will have 16 seats in BE and 158 seats in economy.
That'd make it 4 rows of 2 x 2.
That would be fantastic - JFK-LAX/SFO. I have no idea about the feasibility.
El Boocho is offline  
Old Jun 3, 07, 3:45 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: SEA or EYW
Posts: 467
Unhappy

Hopefully the meal disappearing is just a fluke. I'd hate to think DL was changing the domestic F product to "business" ala AirTran. I guess they already have the plastic cups and snack baskets tho.
frankc98376 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: