Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

DL Platinum Medallions Get Arrivals Lounge Access at LGW Sofitel Gatwick Hotel

Old May 31, 07, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

This is very welcome news for DL Platinums, when flying coach to London-Gatwick.

The trip across the pond isn't short. And as luxurious as our trans-Atlantic service is, you may want a place to relax before heading into that marathon meeting or catching a flight to another faraway destination.

Well, you're in luck. Our arrivals lounge has closed its doors to make way for the Sofitel London Gatwick Hotel's new luxury International Arrivals Lounge—the first of its kind at Gatwick.

Now BusinessElite® and Platinum Medallion® members flying to—or through—Londontown can enjoy:

19 shower suites (complete with power showers, wash basins and WCs)
Complimentary pressing services
Satellite television
State-of-the-art workout facility
WIFI Internet access and PCs with printing capabilities
And a continental breakfast fit for the Queen!
The lounge is located on Level One of the airport's North Terminal. You must present your ticket or boarding pass along with the lounge invitation (distributed onboard to First Class and BusinessElite customers) or a Platinum Medallion membership card. Once you're in the luxurious lounge, you won't want to leave!
Old May 31, 07, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Apparently this has been the case for at least some time even for DL PMs flying coach on DL to LGW:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635872
Old May 31, 07, 8:50 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
DL's timing here is perfect. I have an upcoming trip JFK-LGW in just a few weeks and will need to refresh upon arriving. Great timing.
Old May 31, 07, 9:00 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Platinum Premier, HHonors Gold
There's been an arrivals lounge at LGW for some time, and PMs have had access to it. It sounds like the lounge has been renovated and expanded though, which is a good thing. Previously, there were four "shower suites" (actually bathrooms), but I rarely had to wait.

What's slightly disturbing is the lack of mention of CRC member access to the Arrivals Lounge at LGW. I believe CRC members used to have access. I certainly hope that they haven't taken that away!

Actually, after rereading the post, I wonder if they've opened a multi-airline facility? Previously, BA had an arrivals lounge in the Soffitel and Delta had an arrivals lounge in the Soffitel. Perhaps this is a lounge that will be used by multiple airlines?
Old May 31, 07, 9:01 am

Programs: DL DM MM - IHG Spire
This has been the case for some time. When I used the former arrivals lounge in early May, Christine (the regular exceptionally helpful agent) was off and Pamela (the regular agent from the CRC) was substituting. She advised me that this change was coming and noted that we would now have a "proper" arrivals lounge.

It was also one of Pamela's last days prior to retirement and she specifically asked me to share her gratitude to the Medallions and BE pax on FT.
Old May 31, 07, 9:27 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Platinum Premier, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ecaarch View Post
This has been the case for some time. When I used the former arrivals lounge in early May, Christine (the regular exceptionally helpful agent) was off and Pamela (the regular agent from the CRC) was substituting. She advised me that this change was coming and noted that we would now have a "proper" arrivals lounge.

It was also one of Pamela's last days prior to retirement and she specifically asked me to share her gratitude to the Medallions and BE pax on FT.
Is it a multi-airline lounge, as I suspect, or is it a Delta lounge? I haven't been across the pond this year.
Old May 31, 07, 9:36 am

Programs: DL DM MM - IHG Spire
Originally Posted by jimrpa View Post
Is it a multi-airline lounge, as I suspect, or is it a Delta lounge? I haven't been across the pond this year.
It was not open earlier this month when I was at LGW. However, Pamela indicated that it would be a multi-airline lounge. Maybe someone else can confirm this.
Old May 31, 07, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by ecaarch View Post

I saw Pamela in early May as well when I flew JFK-LGW and went to the Arrivals lounge - a lovely lady who will be missed. Sad thing is most of the DL agents at LGW are contract employees and not real DL employees so they didn't get to participate in any of the bonuses or payouts when DL exited BK.
Old May 31, 07, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by jimrpa View Post
There's been an arrivals lounge at LGW for some time, and PMs have had access to it.
Sometimes I have seen the OBL or other FA go round looking for the PMs to give them invites on LGW inbound flights. Why on earth doesn't DL list *all* the lounges that PMs can access? There many departure lounges which GRS says that PMs can access but the local contract check-in staff don't hand out the invites.
Old Jun 1, 07, 7:52 am

Programs: DL FC, NW
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta View Post
I saw Pamela in early May as well when I flew JFK-LGW and went to the Arrivals lounge - a lovely lady who will be missed. Sad thing is most of the DL agents at LGW are contract employees and not real DL employees so they didn't get to participate in any of the bonuses or payouts when DL exited BK.
Pamela is a great one. DL should let everyone know that their attitude should be on her standard. She told me she is off to somewhere south where it doesn't rain all the time. Good luck to you Pamela - you'll be missed!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: