Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Irish based Irish readers of this Forum

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2007, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Any Irish based Irish readers of this Forum

I'm a Delta PM living in Dun laoghaire
Old May 10, 2007, 4:11 pm

Yep, out in Blessington. Don't travel that much these days, work has cut back on international travel. Armed with an Amex and MBNA Delta card to scrape some miles together in the meantime.
Old May 10, 2007, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta. Silver
A very ordinary Delta Member, living in Westport. Social travel only. Always economy unfortunately, mainly from Shannon
Old May 11, 2007, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Originally Posted by StuckInY
Yep, out in Blessington. Don't travel that much these days, work has cut back on international travel. Armed with an Amex and MBNA Delta card to scrape some miles together in the meantime.
Had the MBNA card, but found it a bit expensive and stingy.as I only got 1 mile for every €2, has it changed?

Also how can you get a Amex Dollar Card with an Irish Address?
Old May 11, 2007, 7:08 am

Nope, hasn't changed. It's still the same stingy card. Got a card for the wife so that adds a few miles per month.

I have the international euro currency corporate amex card from work. 1 mile per euro, so I try use that before the visa.

About the only two real ways of getting any mileage from spending money.
Old May 15, 2007, 11:01 am

I'm an FO based in Dublin.
The MBNA card is pretty mean with only 1 mile per €2. Does it really cost €80 per year?
Old May 16, 2007, 5:11 am

Yep, 80 a year. Scandalous price for a crap mileage rate. It's the only airline mileage Visa CC available in Ireland, which is ludicrous (no hotel cards either). It kinda eases the pain slightly if you can get additional cardholders onto the card.
Old May 16, 2007, 8:06 am

Programs: DL Diamond
MM PM here in Galway
Old May 16, 2007, 3:19 pm

Delta PM based out of Letterkenny. The expensive Y,M,B tickets are really not worth it for the upgrades. I have reverted to lowest fare coach and a video ipod to kill the boredom! This sure beats the creaky entertainment system in Business Elite!
Old May 16, 2007, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GWYIRL
MM PM here in Galway
Bit to go myself, Have 408,066MM Miles after I get home from YYZ to DUB via Jfk tomorrow

Do you work for a US mulitinational?
Old May 16, 2007, 6:31 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Exec. Elite
I am doing two weeks in London (last week of May and first week of June). I decided to fly LHR - DUB via Aer Lingus (cheap). Other than St. James Gate, what "must" I do? I will only be in town Saturday and leave Sunday (staying at Conrad).
Old May 16, 2007, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Akulashark
Other than St. James Gate, what "must" I do? .
The Conrad is a great place to stay.
St James Gate is a walk away , if you have time try to visit Trinity College at the other end of Dame Street and soak up the architecture and atmosphere and see the Book of Kells.
Old May 16, 2007, 6:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Exec. Elite
I plan on soaking up as many pints (maybe 1/2 pints) as I can as well.

St. James Gate is the reason I am going but I have been told by many to see the Book of Kells.

Sorry to hijack the thread, if anyone wishes to meet me in DUB, Pints on me.
Old May 16, 2007, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
Originally Posted by Akulashark
I plan on soaking up as many pints (maybe 1/2 pints) as I can as well.

St. James Gate is the reason I am going but I have been told by many to see the Book of Kells.

Sorry to hijack the thread, if anyone wishes to meet me in DUB, Pints on me.
Ms. Air Brian is Irish and I married into a family home in Donegal (Kilcar) - though we holiday in Dingle as much. So, I guess I am Episco-Catholic half-Irish...

Just left Dublin yesterday, or I would meet you. I recommend St. Michens Church - approx across the river from St. James. Old church where you can explore the mummy vault (there's a technical name for it) and actually touch real mummies. I love the Conrad - great location. Also, if you have time, take DART out to Howth to look around. While pricey for pints and full of tourists, Gogarty's in Temple Bar has good jam sessions.
Old May 18, 2007, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CelticBuzz
Delta PM based out of Letterkenny. The expensive Y,M,B tickets are really not worth it for the upgrades. I have reverted to lowest fare coach and a video ipod to kill the boredom! This sure beats the creaky entertainment system in Business Elite!
I book M class only on the Transatlantic legs (not the internal US flights). I overlap my tickets with the return to Dublin Normally two months after the rest of the itinerary. Therefore this week I flew out Monday, Tuesday MSP, Wednesday YYZ. Flew home last night with the last leg of a previous itinerary. The last leg of this week’s trip is in September. Means I can go for a few days without staying a Saturday night for a reasonable fare. I have 100% success on using my PMUs. I was on a waitlist until last Friday for Mondays Flight, but it cleared. As The US-DUB leg is booked 3 months in advance I only pick a return date with a confirmed upgrade.
It does help that I do my own travel planning and am the Boss!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.