2007 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread

Old May 9, 07, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
2007 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread

I know some people don't think this thread belongs while others seem to like it. The reason that I believe that it belongs is to keep all of the hurricane weather related stuff into one thread which will inevitably end up coming up throughout the year.

Anyway, June 1 is the beginning of the season and the usual start to this thread BUT, Subtropical Storm Andrea is alive and a threat to the United States.

A tropical storm watch has been issued from Altamaha Sound, Georgia to Flagler Beach, Florida.
Old May 9, 07, 10:25 am

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by indufan View Post
I know some people don't think this thread belongs while others seem to like it. The reason that I believe that it belongs is to keep all of the hurricane weather related stuff into one thread which will inevitably end up coming up throughout the year.

Anyway, June 1 is the beginning of the season and the usual start to this thread BUT, Subtropical Storm Andrea is alive and a threat to the United States.

A tropical storm watch has been issued from Altamaha Sound, Georgia to Flagler Beach, Florida.
Thanks! My truck and shutters are all ready for 5-6 homes,,,please keep us all posted..Jupiter Beach has been shut down last night...major waves!brought up steel etc. from far out..it's all a mess.
Old May 9, 07, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by MRKEY View Post
Thanks! My truck and shutters are all ready for 5-6 homes,,,please keep us all posted..Jupiter Beach has been shut down last night...major waves!brought up steel etc. from far out..it's all a mess.
Does anyone know if DL might offer weather waiver (re-bookings).

I am flying out of ATL to San Jose, Costa Rica this Saturday AM
Old May 9, 07, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Clank
Yikes, keep Andrea out of Cocoa Beach!!! I fly home tomorrow evening.
Old May 9, 07, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
Yikes, keep Andrea out of Cocoa Beach!!! I fly home tomorrow evening.
The weather's been beautiful here during the day. It's been cool, sunny, and otherwise uneventful weatherwise. The evenings have been a little cloudy and slightly windy. The surf is supposed to kick up a little, but no big deal.
Old May 9, 07, 11:51 pm

CONGRATULATIONS, indufan.

Should've known you'd be all over Andrea, but where in the heck was Traveller?

Traveller, are you on the road?? goodness letting the Yankee from Indianna get the first 'cane of the year!!! For shame, for shame, for shame.

Of course, this "Low Pressure backing in off" the Atlantic; they're calling a Hurricane is something else!!

Fret not Mr Key, you're safe in South Florida. This baby is going to wash out a ton of beach along the Ja Ja, Nawth Florida, and South Carolina coasts; and hopefully drop a TON of rain inland. CAUSE we neeeeed it.
Old May 10, 07, 10:22 am

Andrea downgraded to Tropical Depression.
Old May 10, 07, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by lofly View Post
CONGRATULATIONS, indufan.

Traveller, are you on the road?? goodness letting the Yankee from Indianna get the first 'cane of the year!!! For shame, for shame, for shame.

Of course, this "Low Pressure backing in off" the Atlantic; they're calling a Hurricane is something else!!

Fret not Mr Key, you're safe in South Florida. This baby is going to wash out a ton of beach along the Ja Ja, Nawth Florida, and South Carolina coasts; and hopefully drop a TON of rain inland. CAUSE we neeeeed it.
lofly..thanks for the good news...all kinds of deep metal has closed my Jupiter Beach..but I m prepared as always to put up shutters..we really don't know...do we?
Old May 10, 07, 4:11 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
indufan.....of course we expect you to keep the hurricane thread going and where more appropriate to put it than the DL forum as there are so many of us in "Delta Country".......

I got hooked on Flyer Talk in 2004 because of the hurricane thread on the DL forum....I evacuated FL with small dog, sans Hans and it was a wonderful way to share.......and it has given me contact with so many nice people in the last three years.

dede

PS. I wish Andrea had sent some rain this way...cough, cough (smoke from the brush fires)........I may need to change my landscaping to sand and cacti soon.....

Last edited by dedehans; May 10, 07 at 4:28 pm
Old May 10, 07, 5:53 pm

Good to hear from you dede!

Sorry to learn you have such a coughing problem! So many folks in South Floriday have the same problem from the dry weather and the resulting brush fires.

Hang in there, maybe some rain will begin one of these fine days.
Old May 10, 07, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Clank
Originally Posted by lofly View Post

Yep, I was on the road... some people have to work for a living.
Old May 11, 07, 7:55 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by indufan View Post
I enjoyed this thread in the past; but as a new Florida resident, I now consider it a must read. In fact, when I first heard about Andrea, I came looking for the 2007 Hurricane thread and was disappointed when I didn't find it. Thanks indufan.
Old May 11, 07, 9:31 am

We're here DLFan, bank on it!
Old May 11, 07, 11:09 am

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
I'm flying MSY-ATL-MUC on Wednesday. Is this weather system likely to be a factor next week?
Old May 11, 07, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
Originally Posted by DLfan View Post
I enjoyed this thread in the past; but as a new Florida resident, I now consider it a must read. In fact, when I first heard about Andrea, I came looking for the 2007 Hurricane thread and was disappointed when I didn't find it. Thanks indufan.
Have I previously explained the particular problems you area potentially has with hurricanes?

The water there gets about as ocean water gets...low 90s at times. And the bay is shallow...a little more shallow to your east but plenty shallow there. How far from the oceanfront are you living?

Search this Thread