delta.com/change

Old May 2, 2007, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Exec. Elite
delta.com/change

I am on hold hell with delta trying to get something simple done, need to leave London a week later. I keep getting this advertisement for delta.com/change to provide suggestions for the new delta.

I have a simple suggestion, ANSWER THE PHONE!!!!

So I go to delta.com/change to tell them just that. Turns out delta.com/change won't launch for another 5 days. Why is it on the phone hold music?
Old May 2, 2007, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Film at 11 ...?
Old May 2, 2007, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by Akulashark
I am on hold hell with delta trying to get something simple done, need to leave London a week later. I keep getting this advertisement for delta.com/change to provide suggestions for the new delta.

I have a simple suggestion, ANSWER THE PHONE!!!!

So I go to delta.com/change to tell them just that. Turns out delta.com/change won't launch for another 5 days. Why is it on the phone hold music?
I was going to post the same thing... I have had the opportunity to phone international reservations several times over the past few days... 10 minutes+
on hold AT A MINIMUM, mostly more! FWIW, I am a PM, but for international, I do not think that matters even a bit.
Old May 2, 2007, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by RobertS975
FWIW, I am a PM, but for international, I do not think that matters even a bit.
Nope, that's the calculation I made last year. If you mostly fly Int'l, there is no real difference in being GM or PM.

DL, are you listening? That's something to consider for delta.com/change
Old May 2, 2007, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
45 minute hold....with no prior notice....

I too had a similar experience last night. I was on hold for 45 minutes before any agent answered the phone. For a company of this size, I would at least expect to have a hold music with a periodic notice of estimated hold times.....

Delta, please change this!!!

Jiburi
Old May 2, 2007, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Nope, that's the calculation I made last year. If you mostly fly Int'l, there is no real difference in being GM or PM.

How dare we forget about PMUs?!?!? They can be used for kitty litter.
Old May 2, 2007, 8:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Hold times lately have been unacceptable, based upon my anecdotal experience. And the thing is, prolonged hold times cost the company money, as well as frustrate the customer. So, it's lose-lose. Makes no sense at all.

Until the day comes that you can do everything on the web -- which is still far away -- the call operation needs some work.

And I'm a big Delta fan. Hate to think what someone more ambivalent toward the carrier would think.
Old May 2, 2007, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
Until the day comes that you can do everything on the web -- which is still far away -- the call operation needs some work.
Tell that to SkyBus, you CAN'T call them...
http://ask.skybus.com/questions/contact-skybus.shtml
Old May 3, 2007, 5:39 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
How dare we forget about PMUs?!?!? They can be used for kitty litter.
I was just going to post this for you, vansant, and all the others who can't seem to use these.
Old May 3, 2007, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
The PM number last night at 10:30 pm eastern and again this morning at 9:30am answered in about 15 seconds. I was calling domestic both times.
Old May 3, 2007, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Okay - so this thread is a rant thread about hold times, and has nothing to do with the new delta.com/change website, which isn't even up and running yet

Can we rename this thread (since it is obviously mistitled) and later restart it so we can have a meaningful discussion about the new /change webpage when the time comes?
Old May 3, 2007, 8:17 am

On hold over a half hour before the respondent said this was domestic and he would have to connect me to international. Am timing this one, so far five minutes.

Customer friendly? Two days after emerging from Chapter 11 - this timing does not bode well.
Old May 3, 2007, 9:00 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by Gargoyle

What I meant was there is no difference between how you are handled on the phone for international reservations if you are medallion... I do not believe that there is any express line for medallions when it comes to international reservation phone calls.
Old May 3, 2007, 9:04 am

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by RobertS975
What I meant was there is no difference between how you are handled on the phone for international reservations if you are medallion... I do not believe that there is any express line for medallions when it comes to international reservation phone calls.
I think there is a difference. If SMS transfers you with your skymiles# showing that your are an elite, the hold time seems to be alot shorter. However, when they do a transfer without your elite status, it takes forever.
Old May 3, 2007, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Exec. Elite
Right now I am johnny nobody silver, but after the 20,000 plus miles I need to fly this summer I should be gold and will probably be plat before fall is out. So, I am a potential big customer but have no status and am getting no service. I have big customer problems (need to change dates for international reservations etc) but my revenue potential isn't realized.

I got an email from delta telling me how hold times are one of their biggest priorities and are monitored closely but if you all are saying you are seeing the same 30+ minute hold times then I am being lied to.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.