DL flights to Belize City (BZE)

Old Apr 26, 2007, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Question DL flights to Belize City (BZE)

Anyone have any experience with ATL - BZE service? Looks like it is now only CRJ700 Seems like there used to be some 738 or MD88 service.... I don't think I like the thought of 2+ hours on a CRJ....
Old Apr 26, 2007, 8:02 pm

Except for Saturdays it's 3hrs in a CR7 unless you want to route through LAX.... then it's a redeye (1am departure) into BZE.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, PC Spire, Amex Reserve, Hilton Gold
Your are correct. Flew down last Memorial Day week on what I think was a 757 from/to Atlanta. If you are headed to Belize for pleasure and perhaps staying in Ambrigris Caye, might be worth the suffering on that small plane they now utilize even though I am sure it will be not as comfortable. I wonder if they still will serve mohitos? I think Continental and Taca fly there as well.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:57 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
DL had problems making ATL-BZE work with more Mainline equipment (i.e., 738s) than on just Saturdays...they had been tweaking schedules constantly but seems to have now found the right amount of capacity on the route with the mostly-CR7 service (and the one Mainline on Sat.).
Old Apr 27, 2007, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
DL had problems making ATL-BZE work with more Mainline equipment (i.e., 738s) than on just Saturdays...they had been tweaking schedules constantly but seems to have now found the right amount of capacity on the route with the mostly-CR7 service (and the one Mainline on Sat.).
According to the new schedule published, there is only CR7 service now and it is very close to 3 hours.

Guess I'll consider going with CO since they have mainline service...

Thanks for the feedback!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.