Wiki Posts
Search

DCA-JFK shuttle experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2007, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
DCA-JFK shuttle experiences?

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered before, but my searches haven't really turned up the information that I'm looking for. (The search function is airport code unfriendly.)

A couple of times a year I use the AA DCA-JFK shuttle to connect to international flights. That has been a mixed affair - sometimes my checked bag makes it onto the ERJ, but if the flight is rather full, sometimes it doesn't. (But it has always left on time.) I've never tried the Delta shuttle before but am considering it. I'd be grateful for any observations comparing the two shuttles or just about how the flight is in general, including timeliness (they would be morning flights) and if the Delta shuttle has checked luggage issues similar to the AA flights.

Again, thanks for your indulgence.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 8:15 am

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Gold, Marriot Silver
DCA - JFK isn't a shuttle. It's a regular Delta flight... albeit a Delta Connection flight. It's runs on CRJ's I believe. You shouldn't have any trouble getting your bag to transfer.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 8:28 am

Programs: DL DM
Yes; however, Comair into and out of JFK is a disaster. I would allow at least two hours for a connection, minimum if you are connecting to DL international, as if you miss it you have to wait for the next day.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 8:38 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
These flights are amongst the most delayed in the nation, month after month. Avoid at all costs.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 9:22 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
The Aircraft Come from Other Cities

For example, one of the DCA-JFK flights (I think its the one that leaves around 3 p.m.) comes from Baton Rouge. I've been on that flight twice in the past 6 months, and it was late both times (but I did make my connection).
Old Apr 2, 2007, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
Thank you all for the input. The IMPORTANT flight is the one to JFK, which would be early morning. Since on-time performance is my most important concern, I will probably stick with AA for the time being.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by gvandora
DCA - JFK isn't a shuttle. It's a regular Delta flight... albeit a Delta Connection flight. It's runs on CRJ's I believe. You shouldn't have any trouble getting your bag to transfer.
Although the OP seems to have his answer, I have to totally, 100% disagree with your last sentence. The last three times I've flown Comair out of, through or into JFK, my checked luggage did not make it. As somebody else said, JFK's Comair operation is a total disaster, especially when one incudes the massive delays there.

I think the new VP in charge of Delta Connection services, Wayne Aaron, has found his first place to examine.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 5:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
One thing to consider would be to take the Delta DCA-LGA shuttle and then ground transfer in New York to JFK. The DCA-LGA Shuttle is pretty punctual, unless the weather turns nasty -- then everything becomes a mess.

And goodness knows it's more comfortable than an RJ.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 7:26 pm

Programs: US Airways Platinum
Especially considering the DL Shuttle DCA-LGA equipment is an MD-88 with 36in of leg room in leather seats throughout the aircraft. Excellent service, every hour on the half hour.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Latest DOT report shows 5297 (I think it's the 2 pm, that people rely on for int'l connections) was late 92.86% of the time (26/28 days), with an average delay of 79 minutes.

Thank you for flying Comair, the Delta Connection.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL,AA,B6,CO,UAL
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Latest DOT report shows 5297 (I think it's the 2 pm, that people rely on for int'l connections) was late 92.86% of the time (26/28 days), with an average delay of 79 minutes.

Thank you for flying Comair, the Delta Connection.
Flying comair thorugh JFK is a disaster, more disaster is going to be in the summer that Comair plans to add more flight bringing a total almost to 200 daily flights, its cool but its crazy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.