Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Upgrades to South America

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2007, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Medallion Upgrades to South America

Does anyone have any experience with getting medallion upgrades to places like Lima? The place is serviced with a 767-400, obviously lots of FC seats. But do they get handed out to medallions or are they mostly sold? And do the DL reps at these stations (I assume contract workers?) have the skills and training to process medallion upgrades?
Old Mar 23, 2007, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Does anyone have any experience with getting medallion upgrades to places like Lima? The place is serviced with a 767-400, obviously lots of FC seats. But do they get handed out to medallions or are they mostly sold? And do the DL reps at these stations (I assume contract workers?) have the skills and training to process medallion upgrades?
They have the skill and the training to do it. My wife got upgraded both ways (last year at this time) as an FO too.

Also, she mentioned that her mom was with her and they upgraded her mother too, even though she isn't an Medallion level.

Pretty sweet for 8 hours.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
They have the skill and the training to do it. My wife got upgraded both ways (last year at this time) as an FO too.

Also, she mentioned that her mom was with her and they upgraded her mother too, even though she isn't an Medallion level.

Pretty sweet for 8 hours.

Perhaps this was a companion upgrade and they were travelling on a K fare or above. What I would like to hear, if any have this type of info, as to the liklihood of medallions getting upgraded to places like LIM vs. being denied upgrades because the front cabin sells out.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Perhaps this was a companion upgrade and they were travelling on a K fare or above. What I would like to hear, if any have this type of info, as to the liklihood of medallions getting upgraded to places like LIM vs. being denied upgrades because the front cabin sells out.
1. They were not on the same itin and thus, not companions.

2. They were flying on very low fares, most likely L, U, or T.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 6:16 pm

Programs: Delta GM, SC, NFL Owner (GB Packers!)
I was upgraded last May on both flights to/from LIM, as a FO.
The Lima staff is very competent. More so than the flight crew.
On the departing flight, there were no amenity kits at the seats when boarding the aircraft. When another passenger inquired why not, the flight attendant told him that it was not an INTL flight??? They eventually found the kits, and dispersed, being that it is an INTL flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.