Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Purchasing Upgrades at Airport for Hawaii Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2007, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K; United 1MM; Hyatt Globalist

Is it possible to purchase "day of" upgrades at the airport for Delta flights originating in LA and flying to Maui. If so, is it restricted to certain fare classes? Cost?

Continental has a policy specifically for flights to Hawaii whereby a passenger can purchase a one way upgrade beginning 24 hours prior to departure at reduced prices (approx. $275 - $350 depending on elite level). Of course it is subject to availability. The process is usually done at the airport but can also be done by phone. I am wondering if Delta has a similar policy.

Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by hattrick17
Is it possible to purchase "day of" upgrades at the airport for Delta flights originating in LA and flying to Maui. If so, is it restricted to certain fare classes? Cost?

Continental has a policy specifically for flights to Hawaii whereby a passenger can purchase a one way upgrade beginning 24 hours prior to departure at reduced prices (approx. $275 - $350 depending on elite level). Of course it is subject to availability. The process is usually done at the airport but can also be done by phone. I am wondering if Delta has a similar policy.

Thanks.
If there are seats available, then upgrades will be sold at the gate.......IIRC, for a cost of $150 for a LAX-Hawaii segment.

Note: Fare class must be K,Q,H,M,B or Y.

L,U and T class fares are ineligible for upgrades.

A.J.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 9:40 pm

Programs: DELTA SM, HILTON GOLD, SPG GOLD
I never understood why delta won't let L,U,T passengers pay for an upgrade at the gate. They should at least sell them to L,U,T passengers with in about 10-20 minutes before departure if there are seats available.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:07 am

Programs: DL GM SkyClub; Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HILTON DIAMOND
Or charge more for L/U/T fares to upgrade.
SR
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:32 am

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
IIRC, the upgrades for Hawaii flights, at least from ATL & CVG are $250 per person. And yes, LUT fares do not qualify unless you get a knowledgeable GA that can work the system for a Medallion.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:47 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by wjudge
IIRC, the upgrades for Hawaii flights, at least from ATL & CVG are $250 per person. And yes, LUT fares do not qualify unless you get a knowledgeable GA that can work the system for a Medallion.
But Medallions don't get the complimentary upgrades for Hawaii flights, do we? So silly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.