Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Is 4 million "BIS" miles and complimentary Platinum status really achievable?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is 4 million "BIS" miles and complimentary Platinum status really achievable?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2007, 7:18 pm

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DLfan
All hail to Oldtirednbusy. I hope to NEVER accumulate 5MM (under the current rules) and you have my respect for having done so!
I hope no one thinks I am looking for kudos, just wanted to say it could be done, although I don't know if I recommend it.
Since I have no time to figure out the rules, ins and outs, etc glad my wife tries to keep up with things. Since she put me on this board we learned that there is a lifetime plat Marriott, which I have (you have to call Marriott to find out where you are there) and also that I had lifetime plat Delta. I thought they had changed that.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
All hail to Oldtirednbusy. I hope to NEVER accumulate 5MM (under the current rules) and you have my respect for having done so!
Amen DLfan. At this point, my goal is to accumulate whatever miles it takes to spend my days in Nerja (Spain) and Donegal. Anything else is more time in a plane and hotel than I care for... oldtired - please consider oldretired...and good luck.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by oldtirednbusy
I hope no one thinks I am looking for kudos, just wanted to say it could be done, although I don't know if I recommend it.
Since I have no time to figure out the rules, ins and outs, etc glad my wife tries to keep up with things. Since she put me on this board we learned that there is a lifetime plat Marriott, which I have (you have to call Marriott to find out where you are there) and also that I had lifetime plat Delta. I thought they had changed that.
I know you're no looking for kudos (where would you find time for that?), but that doesn't mean you don't deserve them!
Old Mar 29, 2007, 10:44 am

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
I've given up trying to hit 4mm. As another poster said, the first million was easy, the 2nd took a while and the 3rd has been an uphill battle.

Personally, I'd like to see DL go to 3mm like AA for their top tier. At least I'd have a shot before divorce or a dirt nap get to me.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 10:53 am

Programs: DL DM, Starwood Plat, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by gator21

Personally, I'd like to see DL go to 3mm like AA for their top tier. At least I'd have a shot before divorce or a dirt nap get to me.

That's incorrect. AA does not give Lifetime EXP (Top Tier) status.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
1995, IIRC.
No, it was October 30, 1996. I started flying Delta November 1, 1996. I just made 1MM in November. I will NEVER get to 2 million unless they start counting all miles again.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 8:04 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
You are all so lucky to have lifetime status in the program. Of my main FFPs one has no lifetime status, another does, but only for those aged over 60 (plus mileage & other requirements), the one I am closest to getting lifetime status with is removing it later this year (too early for me), and the other only has lifetime bottom & middle tiers.

I'm a long way from 4 million lifetime BIS miles in aggregate let alone any one airline, but I have flown over 1 million miles since joining FT and earned approx 2.5 million status miles (or equivalent - a couple of programs calculate status in quite different ways) in that period (and even more redeemable miles) so expect I will reach 4 million eventually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.