Search

Crown Room Reports Please.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by dd992emo
BV,

What time were you in the A17 on Sunday? I was there from about 4 pm until about 6:15. You're right about the crowd at the desk.
I was there between 2:15 and 2:45. Missed you by that much.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
SLCs CRC was as busy as it normally is on a Monday morning. If there was a down turn in CRC attendance I didnt see it this morning in SLC.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:45 pm

Last friday (3/2/07) SAN was busy. It was my first time there, but the club seemed small given the number of people using it. Then in ATL, centerpoint was about the same as usual and the small one in B was crowded. I didn't see any difference.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I expect that many PMs will renew at least for 2007, because $125 is a good deal. Especially considering it gets you into CRC, WC, PC, and BR. ^

So I don't really expect to see a noticeable dropoff in CRC traffic.

In any case, a crowded CRC is still better than a crowded gate area.....

David
If this is the case the Delta has really been missing the boat by not charging all along and won't need to increase any features for the money. I am still boycotting for now....I will probably end up paying when I need it. I am definitely not sure that I will pay $250 next year.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 9:53 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
Originally Posted by majorwibi
SLCs CRC was as busy as it normally is on a Monday morning. If there was a down turn in CRC attendance I didnt see it this morning in SLC.
SLC was PACKED Sunday morning. All chairs in the club were taken. I see a huge increase in CRC traffic since 3-1. I guess PMs are paying the $125 and Amex is signing up more Plat members.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 7:05 am

Programs: DL Medallion, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
I am in ATL B7 CRC. As usual here, this is always a busy CRC due to its small size. I see many PM's here buying CRC memberships. It's actually quiter in the regular terminal.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:37 am

Programs: Delta DM
Sunday CRC busy as usual. No real downturn in traffic.

Humaniod when where you in there? I was there from 12:30 to 1p Sunday.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:46 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I sent a query on-line to delta about BR access, and this is what I got:

Delta Crown Room members and 2 guests can access Alaska Board Rooms in
Anchorage, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland and Vancouver.
You must have a ticket for same day travel and at least one flight
segment must be on Alaska. You will need to present your Crown Room
card and photo ID at the reception desk.

David
Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:48 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold
Originally Posted by indufan
If this is the case the Delta has really been missing the boat by not charging all along and won't need to increase any features for the money. I am still boycotting for now....I will probably end up paying when I need it. I am definitely not sure that I will pay $250 next year.
I think that one of us may be missing the point of complimentary CRC access for PMs. I always assumed that it was a special and unique benefit that Delta extended to its top tier frequent flyers as a reward for their loyalty that was not available from other competing airlines. So perhaps now that this benefit no longer exists, some frequent flyers that once picked Delta as their primary carrier because of this benefit, will use some other parameters to make their selections. On the other hand, perhaps the idea behind free CRC for PMs was just to fill up the CRCs with more people.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 11:43 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold
I had a one-hour layover in CVG last Tuesday (usually slow day) lmid-afternoon, (normally a busy time). As priviously reported, the large Concourse B CRC is closed for remodeling/renovations. As a stop-gap measure the nearby Biz Elite Lounge is doing double duty, admitting CRC members as well BE pax, so maybe hard to tell what is normal and whether the current activity level represents a significant change.

For the record, the lounge was moderately busy. I was able to get a refreshing beverage and find a comfy spot without too much trouble but certainly had plently of company. Nothing in the way of upgraded snacks or services above normal (even though as a BE lounge one might have expected otherwise).
Old Mar 11, 2007, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
DL newbie here. Matched over but haven't flown yet...

You guys are starting to freak me out a little. Exactly how crowded are these lounges? I'm used to US where at worst (in my experience) maybe 60% of the club was full. You're making it sound like it's standing room only in some places.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 2:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by photojojo

You guys are starting to freak me out a little. Exactly how crowded are these lounges? I'm used to US where at worst (in my experience) maybe 60% of the club was full. You're making it sound like it's standing room only in some places.
You will always find a seat, just sometimes its one seat here and one seat there, it might be a middle seat and not close to the exit row, but it is free drinks and slight munchies. No there is not free internet yet, but when you have one IRROP it is the place to RUN TO.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by photojojo

I don't see how it can be any worse than pre-March. I did not see any crowds that wouldn't have been there a couple weeks ago. The agents are busy selling memberships to PMs who lost their free entry, but there are seats and the bar hasn't run out of anything.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 6:29 pm

Programs: Delta-PM,CRC, HH Gold,Priority Club Plat, Hertz Prez
Last Friday afternoon, SJU was pretty empty. The ATL A concourse CRC was busy, but tolerable, that evening.
Today, I did not have time to go into one, but judging by the multitudes of people aimlessly wandering around ATL, I would bet they were packed
Old Jul 28, 2007, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExP, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Hey guys,

FlyTalk newbie here. Just made DL Plat. Am thinking of joining CRC - have never had a club membership - even w/ US. But given that I don't drink, really only value lounges when I travel internationally (now I can finally get in), and am usually running late to flights, does it make sense to join? Do any of these clubs CRC, PC, BR, etc. have showers or treadmills? If they do, I can see that being worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.