Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Boarding Passes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2007, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Delta Boarding Passes

Are the old cardstock boarding passes truly gone? I was told by a CRC rep in November that they were being replaced. I was still able to get one in Boston at the end of November. Since November, I've done my flying on CO, but I'll be back on Delta this weekend. Those old cardstock boarding passes kept well. (I've been collecting them for some time now.) I'm not sure how long the new fax paper ones will last for. I'm sure it is a cost saving meaure and it is probably worthwhile. At least it isn't like AS, where they put multiple flights on one fax paper boarding pass
Old Feb 22, 2007, 8:08 am

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
FLL Has had the paper BP's for atleast 6 months now. Last month BOS replaced the Front Operations with the Paper BP's, but, I was able to get a cardstock BP in the Satellite CRC 3 weeks ago. I haven't noticed the cheaper BP's anywhere else yet.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I got cardstock BPs in GSO and SEA about 10 days ago...prefer those much more than the faux paper (JAX has these already)
Old Feb 22, 2007, 9:29 am

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Last week BE check-in at T2 at JFK had the fax-paper, as did the gate when I changed my seat. However, my CRC day-pass receipt was on card stock.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by NHFL9
Are the old cardstock boarding passes truly gone? I was told by a CRC rep in November that they were being replaced. I was still able to get one in Boston at the end of November. Since November, I've done my flying on CO, but I'll be back on Delta this weekend. Those old cardstock boarding passes kept well. (I've been collecting them for some time now.) I'm not sure how long the new fax paper ones will last for. I'm sure it is a cost saving meaure and it is probably worthwhile. At least it isn't like AS, where they put multiple flights on one fax paper boarding pass
Meant to say....it depends on who prints the BP. Most ticket counters will
have the thin paper type. The actual boarding gate will have the thin type. We have to have the cardboard type machine so as to be able to print "green stock" items like OLTs, DBCs, etc. Sooo...it's still possible to get a cardboard type.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by OHDL1
Meant to say....it depends on who prints the BP. Most ticket counters will
have the thin paper type. The actual boarding gate will have the thin type. We have to have the cardboard type machine so as to be able to print "green stock" items like OLTs, DBCs, etc. Sooo...it's still possible to get a cardboard type.
Who is "we," it would be good to know where to get them
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:15 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Southwest A-list Preferred, Delta Million Miler
I am sorry to see the old "card stock" boarding passes go away. This might sound silly, but I collected them over the years and have well over 1,000 of them pasted to a wall in the game room of my basement. It's fun when friends come over and they look at all the places I've been over the years. A great conversation starter!

Anyway, the new, cheap paper boarding passes won't work so I'll have to be content with my current collection. Ahhhh, the memories...
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:50 am

Programs: DL GM SkyClub; Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HILTON DIAMOND
PHX and DAB both had the old style while in ATL, all I can get are the new flimsy ones. I think if the BP is printed at the gate, the BP is the old style. If you are at the CS Desk or Check counter, then they are the new things. If you're at a kiosk . . . . you know what u get!
SR
Old Feb 22, 2007, 11:06 am

I hate the new cheapo "credit card receipt" boarding passes. I sure hope the fiberboard ones aren't being discontinued.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
The flimsy ones are printed with thermal paper (like old faxes), so for sure they will not last. They will fade, and if ever get close to a heat source, can turn all black.

Unless they put mini-laser printers in, I don't see them becoming archival quality...
Old Feb 22, 2007, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by boeing727
This might sound silly, but I collected them over the years and have well over 1,000 of them pasted to a wall in the game room of my basement.
Create a template on your computer (you could do this in a word processor, but a vector graphics program like CorelDraw or Illustrator will be better) and after each flight input the data. Then print on heavy stock ink jet paper, and you have something you can paste on your wall.

Just don't let the Dept. of Homeland Insecurity catch you.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 2:34 pm

If you get your seat re-assigned at the gate, you will get the hard boarding passes. Anyone remember when gate agents would mark the passes with the red pencil? This was usually common in Concourse E in ATL. It always smelt so funky, but was a welcome smell. A smell that reminded me I was going somewhere special, usually somewhere international.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 3:14 pm

Programs: DELTA SM, HILTON GOLD, SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by DeltaRIC
If you get your seat re-assigned at the gate, you will get the hard boarding passes. Anyone remember when gate agents would mark the passes with the red pencil? This was usually common in Concourse E in ATL. It always smelt so funky, but was a welcome smell. A smell that reminded me I was going somewhere special, usually somewhere international.
I remember the red pencil, but don't remember what it was for.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
Originally Posted by firstflyer
I had an agent in ATL in November (while going to Nassau), come around to everyone in the gate area and check their passports and mark the BP with a red marker.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 3:45 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by firstflyer
When BP's had paper tickets stapled to them the gate agent would seperate the paper ticket from the BP and keep it at the counter. The slash with the grease pencil was to let the agent pulling the tickets at the boarding door know that they had already pulled the tickets for that passenger. Otherwise the agents would have to ask where the ticket was.

After the flights departed we had to seperate the BP from the tickets and toss them. It was a way to make it quicker to get away from the gate.

Who remembers when we had to stamp the tickets after the flight left? If you were walking down a concourse after a bank of flights had just pushed all you would hear was thump thump thump tump from every gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.