Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crown Room Enhancements

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:10 pm

All they have to do is look at CO's PCs. i.e. their 3 kinds of cheese against DL CRC's horrible cheese offering, various snackfoods as opposed to DL CRC's mysterious mixes and the fact that CO went to bat for their own members against MassPort when MassPort threatened the PC's free wireless. DL could do worse than simply copy CO clubs until the DL staff have time to figure out their own customers needs and desires.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:21 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Exotic dancers?
Now who wouldn't want that?
Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by CelticFlyer
All they have to do is look at CO's PCs. i.e. their 3 kinds of cheese against DL CRC's horrible cheese offering, various snackfoods as opposed to DL CRC's mysterious mixes and the fact that CO went to bat for their own members against MassPort when MassPort threatened the PC's free wireless. DL could do worse than simply copy CO clubs until the DL staff have time to figure out their own customers needs and desires.
As long as the copying stops before it gets to the bar. I find the beer, wine and liquor selection very weak at the PC's I have been in. DL offers higher quality hard liquor and more beer variety, including some local brews on tap.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:26 pm

Funny enough IMHO and I am a PClub member, NW has the best food offerings of the club alliance between DL/CO/NW. CO presents their food offerings better than NW and DL but NW offers most selections follow by CO and then DL. Funny enough, the best club would be DL's design(minus their desk chairs, NW's and CO's are better)/NW's food/CO's wifi and showers.

Dan
Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:34 pm

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
" Free massage chairs. I used the one in the DCA CRC on Thursday 2/15. It was great."

Ditto on the massage chair. Used one at JFK before flight to London. It was awesome!!!
How do I get me one of those???????^
Old Feb 20, 2007, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by ND76
1. Free massage chairs. I used the one in the DCA CRC on Thursday 2/15. It was great.
There is also one at ORD. Mrs Gargoyle tried it in January, she said it was ok but not great.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 6:41 pm

As long as the copying stops before it gets to the bar. I find the beer, wine and liquor selection very weak at the PC's I have been in. DL offers higher quality hard liquor and more beer variety, including some local brews on tap.
The local brews only appear in some CRCs for some reason. Anyway, I am still pissed at DL for swapping from Glenmorangie to Dewars.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 6:48 pm

Can we just get real food, free wifi, and the occasional club with a shower? That's not too much, is it...
Old Feb 20, 2007, 7:05 pm

The local brews only appear in some CRCs for some reason.
Yes, some locations are great, others less so. SFO had Anchor Steam a few years back (although I heard a rumor it has since disappeared). SLC probably has the best beer selection of any domestic club I've seen (I usually go with the Park City Steamer there), and ATL has the Sweetwater 420. However some clubs have horrible selections. At LGA, Beck's is decent, but not great. FLL was the worst this summer--I think it was a choice between Miller and Bud Light.

I've always appreciated the fact that DL offers a decent bourbon in their clubs and on their planes. The airline norm is to serve only "Jack".
Old Feb 20, 2007, 7:33 pm

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
Yes, some locations are great, others less so. SFO had Anchor Steam a few years back (although I heard a rumor it has since disappeared). SLC probably has the best beer selection of any domestic club I've seen (I usually go with the Park City Steamer there), and ATL has the Sweetwater 420. However some clubs have horrible selections. At LGA, Beck's is decent, but not great. FLL was the worst this summer--I think it was a choice between Miller and Bud Light.

I've always appreciated the fact that DL offers a decent bourbon in their clubs and on their planes. The airline norm is to serve only "Jack".
I get really annoyed when I ask for "Bourbon" and get offered "JACK"
"Jack Daniels" is not Bourbon. I am looking for the Woodford Reserve!
Old Feb 20, 2007, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
No, not yet.

As an aside, I was in the BOS CRC this past weekend, and they were running a promotion with Godiva (chocolates) and were offering new Godiva chocolate iced coffee drinks (Dark Chocolate Mocha, French vanilla, Milk Chocolate Mocha, etc.)....they were great ^ When one of the CRC agents found out I liked them and saw my EP status, he went to the back and came out with six additional bottles in a paper bag for me to take with..
I was in the Satellite CRC on the 13th and they had the Godiva drinks. From a quick glance around, a fairly good amount of people had a bottle (and they were QUITE good). I didn't see them in the FLL CRC on the 17th.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 8:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: *A
My wife and I were in JFK CRC last week and saw the adverts for the Godiva drink. They were out but they graciously gave us two coupons for an in-store purchase!

^
Old Feb 20, 2007, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
There is also one at ORD. Mrs Gargoyle tried it in January, she said it was ok but not great.
There is one in the corner at PBI. It's ok. I wouldn't plunk down hundreds of dollars just to get access to one. Rather spend it on the new exotic dancers at the CRCs.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Exotic dancers?
Somehow I am betting that people wouldn't give a damn about free Wi-Fi anymore. Jerry G has always talked about ways to get people to want to pay more to fly Delta.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:49 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Hmmm I smell a new chain of airport bars coming soon. :-)

Where do I invest?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.