Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using JFK BE Lounge when flying Aeroflot

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2007, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Using JFK BE Lounge when flying Aeroflot

I'll be flying Aeroflot in C in May. Do I absolutely have to use KAL lounge in T1 or can I walk over to T2 and use Delta BE lounge?
Old Feb 16, 2007, 1:29 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by herzmeh
I'll be flying Aeroflot in C in May. Do I absolutely have to use KAL lounge in T1 or can I walk over to T2 and use Delta BE lounge?
Why in the world would you want to do that? It would be quite a hassle and besides, I'm not sure whether the TSA guys would let you in with a non-DL boarding pass since the BE lounge at T2 is airside.

Never been in the KE lounge but is it that bad? If you have ST Elite Plus status, maybe you could try using the AF lounge in T1 as well.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Why in the world would you want to do that? It would be quite a hassle and besides, I'm not sure whether the TSA guys would let you in with a non-DL boarding pass since the BE lounge at T2 is airside.

Never been in the KE lounge but is it that bad? If you have ST Elite Plus status, maybe you could try using the AF lounge in T1 as well.
Well... good point about TSA. I've been in KE lounge before... it feels same as sitting at the gate.
Would AF let me in with SU biz ticket? SkyTeam site makes it appear that you can use ANY SkyTeam lounge if you're flying C.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 1:48 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Would AF let me in with SU biz ticket? SkyTeam site makes it appear that you can use ANY SkyTeam lounge if you're flying C.
Not sure about that one; I agree that the ST language regarding lounge usage seems to suggest this is possible..oh well, I guess there's no harm in trying...
Old Feb 16, 2007, 5:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
KE lounge is fine...a far cry from the gate (unless there is a gate area with free cocktails, free internet and free magazines etc)

I agree its not the Wing in HKG but certainly not bad enough to deal with going over to DL (which isnt that great anyway) and deal with clearing security again!
Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:02 pm

Programs: DL,AA,B6,CO,UAL
The answer is no, only tsa allow people to have a boarding pass for delta or delta connection only.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mizzou miles
KE lounge is fine...a far cry from the gate (unless there is a gate area with free cocktails, free internet and free magazines etc)

I agree its not the Wing in HKG but certainly not bad enough to deal with going over to DL (which isnt that great anyway) and deal with clearing security again!
Well... I never said it was bad (who said that sitting by the gate was bad?), it's just... last two time I was in there, I couldn't find a seat. Aeroflot and MaxJet flights leaving at nearly the same time make it bit crowded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.