FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   Delta.com Check-IN added CO PLT to Upgrade List (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/660412-delta-com-check-added-co-plt-upgrade-list.html)

dan1431 Feb 14, 2007 1:01 pm

Delta.com Check-IN added CO PLT to Upgrade List

Hi all,

I just checked in for a DL flight and entered my CO ONEPASS FF number and it displayed "An upgrade was automatically requested for all eligible segments in your itinerary." with a Green Check Mark before the sentence.

Have things changed RE: upgrades among DL/CO/NW or did DL.com mess up?

Dan

Spiff Feb 14, 2007 1:09 pm

Do you also have DL status?

iCorpRoadie Feb 14, 2007 1:11 pm

Newest Enhancement?

dan1431 Feb 14, 2007 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 7223888)
Do you also have DL status?

I am not even a SkyMiles member...that is what makes it so weird.

Dan

Spiff Feb 14, 2007 1:19 pm

Full Y fare?

dan1431 Feb 14, 2007 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 7223958)
Full Y fare?

Nope, a "B" fare.

Dan

iCorpRoadie Feb 14, 2007 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by dan1431 (Post 7223993)
Nope, a "B" fare.

Dan

Close enough to at Y fare.

dan1431 Feb 14, 2007 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie (Post 7224012)
Close enough to at Y fare.

B fares offers an upgrade like a Y on CO provides Elite Access for the day?

Dan

TTT Feb 14, 2007 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by dan1431 (Post 7224030)
B fares offers an upgrade like a Y on CO provides Elite Access for the day?

Dan

They used to. But B fares now are grouped with the rest of them. Y is the only one where Medallions are offered upgrades at time of booking. The rest have to wait to the window.

spgaston Feb 14, 2007 1:37 pm

Perhaps you were offered an upgrade for free similar to the standby upgrade for purchase program because you were either SkyTeam Elite+ or because of the B fare or a combination.
I think most of us have not heard of this happening before.

dan1431 Feb 14, 2007 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by TTT (Post 7224097)
They used to. But B fares now are grouped with the rest of them. Y is the only one where Medallions are offered upgrades at time of booking. The rest have to wait to the window.

Right, I kind of figured that but, as a CO PLT I should not have a window for upgrades right?

On CO, "Y" fares are upgradeable at time of purchase for ELITES and day of departure for non-Elites on "Y" fares. Essentially "Y" fares for non-Elites provide Elite Access(expedited security/early boarding/priority baggage). http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...s/default.aspx

Dan

dan1431 Feb 14, 2007 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by spgaston (Post 7224128)
Perhaps you were offered an upgrade for free similar to the standby upgrade for purchase program because you were either SkyTeam Elite+ or because of the B fare or a combination.
I think most of us have not heard of this happening before.

That is why I posted it....I thought that it was really weird. I have not heard anything over at CO RE: reciprocal upgrades....and frankly I am against reciprocal upgrades with DL as upgrades are tough enough on CO.

Dan

TTT Feb 14, 2007 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by dan1431 (Post 7224149)
Right, I kind of figured that but, as a CO PLT I should not have a window for upgrades right?

As far as I know, you should not have been offered an upgrade. Some agents will upgrade SkyTeam elites but I have never heard of the computer doing it automatically.

Did you get the upgrade? And if you didn't, do you know where you were placed on the list?

dan1431 Feb 14, 2007 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by TTT (Post 7224207)
As far as I know, you should not have been offered an upgrade. Some agents will upgrade SkyTeam elites but I have never heard of the computer doing it automatically.

Did you get the upgrade? And if you didn't, do you know where you were placed on the list?

Nope, no upgrade yet and I am not sure how to determine where I am on the list.

Dan

TTT Feb 14, 2007 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by dan1431 (Post 7224336)
Nope, no upgrade yet and I am not sure how to determine where I am on the list.

Dan

If you are at an airport which has the gate information display screens (large plasma TVs above the gate area) then that will show the upgrade list. If the airport doesn't have those, you can always ask the agent where you are on the list. This, however, runs the risk of the agent possibly "catching" the mistake (if there is one) of having you on the upgrade list to begin with.

I was assuming you checked in at a kiosk, but was this an online check-in?

dan1431 Feb 14, 2007 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by TTT (Post 7224493)
If you are at an airport which has the gate information display screens (large plasma TVs above the gate area) then that will show the upgrade list. If the airport doesn't have those, you can always ask the agent where you are on the list. This, however, runs the risk of the agent possibly "catching" the mistake (if there is one) of having you on the upgrade list to begin with.

I was assuming you checked in at a kiosk, but was this an online check-in?

My flight is tomorrow, and I checked in on-line which is where the statement that I posted earlier was made.

I have not dealt with a kiosk yet nor a real agent nor a display.

Sorry for any confusion,
Dan

TTT Feb 14, 2007 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by dan1431 (Post 7225002)
My flight is tomorrow, and I checked in on-line which is where the statement that I posted earlier was made.

I have not dealt with a kiosk yet nor a real agent nor a display.

Sorry for any confusion,
Dan

I'm sorry, I should have seen that the title said DL.com. I will be interested to see how things turn out for you tomorrow. If you are flying out of one of DL's hubs or major focus cities, you will be able to see the gate screens and see your place on the upgrade list.

mtparadis Feb 14, 2007 5:26 pm

Let the speculation begin...

dan1431 Feb 14, 2007 8:46 pm

I can promise this much I am not going to get the upgrade as the flight is currently showing 0s in all buckets.

Will update live from the gate with further details.

Dan

MikeMpls Feb 15, 2007 2:00 am

Originally Posted by dan1431 (Post 7223831)
Hi all,

I just checked in for a DL flight and entered my CO ONEPASS FF number and it displayed "An upgrade was automatically requested for all eligible segments in your itinerary." with a Green Check Mark before the sentence.

Have things changed RE: upgrades among DL/CO/NW or did DL.com mess up?

Dan

I'm hoping that this is the start of reciprocal upgrades, but there is another possibility: Note the wording "request for all eligible segments". Perhaps no segments are eligible and there is no change from the status quo. :D

You can bet I'll be looking for an update in the morning!

micmath Feb 15, 2007 4:41 am

There is no reciprocal agreement with CO. It's some kind of glitch in the system. Hopefully it will be fixed soon to stop the confusion.

dan1431 Feb 15, 2007 7:32 am

Hi from the airport in question,

I am sitting at the CRC but I am not going to ask the agent there as I do want to alert anybody if this indeed a glitch.

I will update from the gate.

Dan

indufan Feb 15, 2007 9:32 am

Originally Posted by micmath (Post 7228003)
There is no reciprocal agreement with CO. It's some kind of glitch in the system. Hopefully it will be fixed soon to stop the confusion.

There is always the possibility that something has changed.

DiverDave Feb 15, 2007 9:46 am

Originally Posted by indufan (Post 7229288)
There is always the possibility that something has changed.

True enough. Will be interesting to see if the OP showed up on the GIDS upgrade listing.....

David

MikeMpls Feb 15, 2007 10:30 am

Originally Posted by micmath (Post 7228003)

There is none that you are aware of at the present time.

MikeyZBT Feb 15, 2007 11:05 am

Originally Posted by dan1431 (Post 7228570)
Hi from the airport in question,

I am sitting at the CRC but I am not going to ask the agent there as I do want to alert anybody if this indeed a glitch.

I will update from the gate.

Dan

Anxiously waiting.... :)

spgaston Feb 15, 2007 11:07 am

Originally Posted by MikeMpls (Post 7227754)
I'm hoping that this is the start of reciprocal upgrades, but there is another possibility: Note the wording "request for all eligible segments". Perhaps no segments are eligible and there is no change from the status quo. :D

You can bet I'll be looking for an update in the morning!

Reciprocal upgrades = a small chance of getting that upgrade on the <2 hour flight on an MD-88.

mtparadis Feb 15, 2007 11:07 am

Originally Posted by MikeMpls (Post 7229668)
There is none that you are aware of at the present time.

I like the new signature. Wonder what spurned that? :)

indufan Feb 15, 2007 11:11 am

Originally Posted by spgaston (Post 7229914)
Reciprocal upgrades = a small chance of getting that upgrade on the <2 hour flight on an MD-88.

You are assuming that the other carriers elite members would be at the bottom at the pecking order. Yes, that is the popular opinion here at FlyerTalk but it's the wrong one. If it happens, we will see which the airlines choose.

MikeMpls Feb 15, 2007 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by mtparadis (Post 7229915)
I like the new signature. Wonder what spurned that? :)

A ticketing opportunity I couldn't refuse that saves us $1100+. :D Now it would be really sweet if we could fly most of those tickets in F. :p

But for now June looks like its back to NW.

I did feel that it was only fair to do something with the signature line, as several people had requested.

dan1431 Feb 15, 2007 2:09 pm

Well at PHL there were no monitors and I took my assigned seat 10C and about 15-20mins later the GA came on board and ..........upgraded somebody else to the last seat in FC.

I stopped by the CRC in ATL and they looked into my res and said that indeed the web did try and place me on the upgrade list but failed. :(

Well there was a glimor of hope,
Dan

gpan Feb 15, 2007 2:23 pm

Someone needs to fix the web thing to not try upgrading CO PLT ;)

MikeMpls Feb 15, 2007 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by gpan (Post 7231178)

Better yet, spread the love around and upgrade NW Plats, too. :p

jimrpa Feb 15, 2007 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by gpan (Post 7231178)

AGREED!!!!!