Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Why are BOS-JFK cancelled but BOS-LGA operating?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2007, 8:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D

Was on BOS-JFK-MXP but now im on BOS-LGA/JFK-MXP. Just curious on why would they cancel every flight BOS-JFK but most DL Shuttle flights (BOS-LGA) are still going... Asked CSR and she said she had no idea either...
Old Feb 14, 2007, 8:31 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
probably trying to thin out the jfk schedule per ATC request
Old Feb 14, 2007, 8:35 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
RJs vs. MD88s? I've noticed that the RJs are quite often cancelled when the first drop of rain starts (ok I'm exaggerating, but it's not that far off)....I assume they are paying for your ground transportation between LGA and JFK?
Old Feb 14, 2007, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by psyflyer
Was on BOS-JFK-MXP but now im on BOS-LGA/JFK-MXP. Just curious on why would they cancel every flight BOS-JFK but most DL Shuttle flights (BOS-LGA) are still going... Asked CSR and she said she had no idea either...
DLMedalliongold has it right. In simplistic terms, ATC will basically turn to the carriers in lousy weather conditions and say, "OK, which half of your scheduled flights would you like to operate today because that's all the system has room for?"

And the carriers decide which flights operate and which cancel. At JFK, you can bet that the DL mainline schedule is the first priority, especially getting the international flights in and back out again. Similarly at LGA.... without looking, I will bet that many of the RJ flights to/from LGA on DL and other carriers were cancelled today.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 9:23 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by psyflyer
Huh? You say "most DL Shuttle flights (BOS-LGA) are still going." It looks like only one out of 16 BOS-LGA flights operated yesterday. (DL 1927, scheduled for 430pm, left at 530pm... and landed at 715pm!) Good news is that you must have made the xfer to JFK and caught the delayed MXP flight, which left at 1220am!
Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:05 pm

Programs: DL,AA,B6,CO,UAL
Since Im been working in terminal 3, I been seing alot of Comair, Freedom and Mesa cancelling more flights than delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.