Wiki Posts
Search

Upgraded to F on the Delta Shuttle

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2007, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold
Upgraded to F on the Delta Shuttle

Took the 8:30 pm from LGA to BOS last night. As I was boarding the gate agent said I could move up to F. He smiles as he handed me my boarding pass so I figured he was joking. Sure enough I got on board and there was a F cabin. When I took my seat the flight attendant said we were lucky as the MD-88 is in the process of being converted to a shuttle and the seats have yet to be reconfigured. Lots of confused looks as people came on board and passed by the chance at a seat.

Last edited by ghia74; Feb 1, 2007 at 8:31 pm Reason: spelling
Old Feb 1, 2007, 5:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
LOL!

But aren't you giving away secrets?
Old Feb 1, 2007, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Surprised that there are still Shuttles with F. I was pretty sure they had converted everything over to the new cabin layout...must be rotating the Mad Dogs around now so that they don't get too many cycles (I'm assuming the average Shuttle has about 8-10 flights a day...rotating them out would keep the number of cycles lower).
Old Feb 1, 2007, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Good for you, ghia74. Nice score. That's like when Song was folded back into Delta some people were getting an F seat as planes were rotated around.

I'm still waiting to be upgraded to 'couch' class. I have yet to even see a plane equipped with this configuration. Does anyone remember that thread where the person actually complained about being put in 'couch'?
Old Feb 1, 2007, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by tkey75
I'm still waiting to be upgraded to 'couch' class. I have yet to even see a plane equipped with this configuration. Does anyone remember that thread where the person actually complained about being put in 'couch'?
It was a good one. Quite a rant.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ht=couch+class
Old Feb 1, 2007, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I've been on a couple of private jets with couches. Now that was truly nice.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 9:08 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
When you were on this shuttle flight with F, did the Y seats have "shuttle pitch" or were they like traditional MD-88s? Did they invite medallions to sit in front, or was it first come first served.

I'll be on the shuttle tonight and Sunday... we'll see what we get.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by andymo99
When you were on this shuttle flight with F, did the Y seats have "shuttle pitch" or were they like traditional MD-88s? Did they invite medallions to sit in front, or was it first come first served.

I'll be on the shuttle tonight and Sunday... we'll see what we get.

I did not notice the pitch difference, but I assume it was like a traditional MD-88 since the seats were not reconfigured yet. There was no preference for medallion status. Boarding was done the usual shuttle way, first in line is first to board. I just happened to be fourth on line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.