Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I refused an u/g. Go ahead and chastise me.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2007, 3:50 am

Programs: DL FC, NW
Oh the horror !

I am glad the 25 minute jump didn't turn out to be a 2 hours weather related flight. Beside, how many drinks can you down in 25 minutes anyway.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by USCGamecock
Oh the horror !

I am glad the 25 minute jump didn't turn out to be a 2 hours weather related flight. Beside, how many drinks can you down in 25 minutes anyway.
That's funny because there was a backup on the ramp that left us sitting at the gate an extra 15 minutes. Anything longer and I might have started to regret my decision. However, I was deep into a good book and could have tolerated the situation.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by BamaVol
My BHM memories only go back about 3.5 years. I can tell you that over the last 2 years, the number of F seats has fallen by about 30%. I don't see it getting better. It will suck when they replace any of those full MD88s with a pair of RJs.
I don't disagree but isn't that kind of route what RJs were made for? CO flies ERJs to IAH from BHM, don't they?
Old Jan 15, 2007, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by indufan
I don't disagree but isn't that kind of route what RJs were made for? CO flies ERJs to IAH from BHM, don't they?
I dunno. I always thought RJs were good for nothing.

What does an MD88 hold, 142 pax, right? So that's 3 RJs. Is it really cheaper to run 3 RJs than 1 MD88? That's 3 gates at each airport, more fuel, more FA's, more pilots, more ground crew.

Maybe on a Wednesday at 1:30 pm, there's 50 pax for that flight, but on a Friday at 8:30 pm, there's darn close to 142. Now, if DL wants to replace an MD88 feeder flight to ATL with 3 direct RJ flights to places under 500 miles, I might almost like that. But, they only serve about a half dozen places from BHM and there's probably a good reason for that. I look at the screens when I get off the MD88 in ATL and there's a good 20-30 connections listed.

And, yes CO and UA fly barbie jets out of BHM. WN and DL are the 2 largest carriers out of BHM. Maybe the laregr jets are one reason why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.