Wiki Posts
Search

www.delta.com firefox problem

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2006, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DAL Diamond,Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum
www.delta.com firefox problem

Is anyone able to print boarding passes using FireFox on mac? I've tried 1.5.x and 2.0 with no joy.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 6:24 am

Programs: delta pm, aa exp, hilton diamond
I have had the same problem for a long time now. I have to swicth to IE befor I print boarding passes. You would think delta could fix this.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 7:08 am

Programs: DL Silver, Marriott Plat, Everything else basic
Not that this helps...

But Firefox for PC seems to handle all the boarding passes, and the rest of delta.com just fine.

That makes me wonder what the hangup for Mac Firefox is.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 7:37 am

I haven't been able to use the print button for a while. For Windows users, you can right-click in the boarding pass frame and hit "Open frame in new tab" or something like that and then print that tab. Mac users can't right-click so you're on your own.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Perhaps you should contact the web support desk at DL for assistance? @:-)
Old Dec 3, 2006, 8:20 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I have lots of problems with Safari on the Mac with seat selection and printing boarding passes, but no problems with FireFox... Hmm...
Old Dec 3, 2006, 8:31 am

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
I have also had problems printing boarding passes using Firefox, so I have to revert to IE to print them. I guess we should bring this up with DL.com web support dept.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:03 am

Programs: I fly whomever offers the best flight(s) where and when I want to go (with some exceptions...)
Originally Posted by OrlandoFlyer
I have also had problems printing boarding passes using Firefox, so I have to revert to IE to print them. I guess we should bring this up with DL.com web support dept.

The other easy thing to do is to take a screenshot and then print that.

On a mac:
Apple+Shift+3 for full desktop or
Apple+Shift+4+selectYourRegion for a region of the displayed desktop only.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I've had problems printing them out on my Thinkpad - what I do is right-click on the frame with the boarding pass, choose "Open window in new frame" and print it out from there...that does the trick for me.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MCI2OMA2ATL
But Firefox for PC seems to handle all the boarding passes, and the rest of delta.com just fine.
Actually, I sometimes have this issue with Firefox for PC. To get around it when it happens, I just "reprint" my boarding pass and delta.com does it slightly differently at that point and it always works.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 12:06 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by indufan
Actually, I sometimes have this issue with Firefox for PC. To get around it when it happens, I just "reprint" my boarding pass and delta.com does it slightly differently at that point and it always works.
That is what I do too. After checking in, if you go back into your reservation and "reprint" it opens a new window with just the boarding pass. Slightly annoying, but it is a workaround.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I never have been able to print my BPs from Firefox. I have to go the re-print route.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:52 pm

Programs: Skyteam/Delta Silver Medallion, Starwood Gold Preferred
or you could use IE7- tabbed browsing & enhanced anti-"phishing" features included...
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:10 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MuAT
or you could use IE7- tabbed browsing & enhanced anti-"phishing" features included...
Yeah, but then you are giving into them!

Use FireFox to stick it to the (wo)man!
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
I don't see how trying ticky manuevers in order to print a boarding pass is sticking it to the man, why not just use the mainsteam IE? If you want Delta to add support for Firefox, would you be willing to pay their IT department for the additional costs, or should they just be rolled into a fare increase or employee compensation cut?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.