Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Anybody actually snag an upgrade for Thanksgiving?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody actually snag an upgrade for Thanksgiving?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2006, 9:46 pm

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Traveller
I see a few turbo props in ATL and always wondered where they fly. Where do you fly on them jalm1? I haven't been on one in years, I'm on the 50 or 70 seat CRJ alot though.
I fly an ATR every week between ATL and AVL. They also run on ATL-DHN and ATL-JAN (I know this because I have to ask SMS to track the planes to determine how late we're going to be leaving AVL every week. blah.)
Old Nov 26, 2006, 9:50 pm

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
BTW, been meaning to ask. My MLB-ATL is an A fare, ATL-LGA is Q. Doesn't this break all the rules of journey control or married segments? I thought both fares had to be the same?
Take a look at your receipt: you probably bought a Q-UP fare for the itinerary, it's just that only the MLB-ATL leg allowed the space-available upgrade at time of purchase (which shows as A class). Technically, you purchased a coach rt, you just happened to pay enough to fly FC on the first leg.
Thank you, journey control.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 8:51 am

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Monday 11/27 MCO/ATL upgrade not cleared and flt showing sold out in Y and F , connecting flt today to CHS and both return flts to MCO on Wednesday all cleared at the 5 day window. Thursday 11/30 both outbound flts, MCO/VPS cleared at the 5 day window as well as 2nd leg for return on 12/1 (ATL/MCO) but VPS/ATL still "requested" with only 2 seats showing available for selection (this route has a lot of govt Y fares). So far been hitting around 75% since the upgrade "enhancements" (I'm still not sure what they actually were, in spite of all the discussion on them) were recently announced. Not as good as before but not that bad either! ^
Old Nov 27, 2006, 8:56 am

Programs: DL DM
Today looks like a very busy day. My upgrade for 1831 tonight has not cleared, though it shows F5. We shall see.

Cleared no problem, but haven't seen an upgrade list that long in ages. (Maybe twelve people.)

Last edited by NHFL9; Nov 28, 2006 at 6:19 am
Old Nov 27, 2006, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by WBurcham
11/27- DL 1721 MLB-ATL
Were you on the flight this morning WBurcham? The hour delay caused me to miss my ATL-LGA connection and I had to fly coach on the next flight. BUT, the flight I was eventually put on was way oversold, had 20 plus people on the standby list, and I made it! ^ Was it my PM status or Q fare that got me on the flight?
Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:54 pm

Were you on the flight this morning WBurcham? The hour delay caused me to miss my ATL-LGA connection and I had to fly coach on the next flight. BUT, the flight I was eventually put on was way oversold, had 20 plus people on the standby list, and I made it! ^ Was it my PM status or Q fare that got me on the flight?
Thankfully no :-D

The 6am wasn't oversold and the 7:20 was so I couldn't SDC but somehow the ASA CR7 made it into ATL about 25 minutes early, just enough time for me to BOLT from C to B and catch a flight that got me into MSY 2 1/2 hours early.

I was happy for the nap I took when I got back to my dorm.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 9:43 am

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Jul 30, 2007 at 2:24 pm
Old Nov 28, 2006, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
My gf and I flew MKE-ATL yesterday, she non-medallion on an L fare, so could not upgrade. However, as soon as we got thorugh security (~35 min prior to flight) we were summoned to the gate over the PA and the GA offered to put us both up front! Not sure if the back was overbooked or what, but she was happy sipping her mojito
Old Nov 28, 2006, 1:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Got one Sunday from SLC-EWR at hte gate with 9 seats open @ check in. Four of us cleared at the gate, no one from what I saw cleared one week out. There was a nice empty seat next to me the entire flight. Cleared all my upgrades for the next week too. EWR-SLC, SLC-ATL, ATL-JFK, JFK-SLC.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 6:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Discoverist
Thumbs up

I got my upgrade at the gate for the Saturday night 10:45PM LAS-ATL. My ticket was booked in U class and I am only Silver, but I was in the first group to be called to the desk. First did fill up completely.
Old Nov 29, 2006, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
On Sunday, though they told me J was sold out, I got an upgrade on a Y class ticket from ATL-SLC. They even served dinner, and it was fairly eatible.
I am a PM though and was first on the list. Someone must have bailed, missed a connection, or got on an earlier flight. If it was you, thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2006, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
Gate Lotto

Lets say I am travelling solo, and another couple (status/non status) were also travelling and we were both on airport standby for a V class UG. For the question, lets say the husband of the couple was also a FO and we both are on T class fares. Would I be ahead of the couple on the GIDS regardless of timestamp?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:01 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by s25843
Lets say I am travelling solo, and another couple (status/non status) were also travelling and we were both on airport standby for a V class UG. For the question, lets say the husband of the couple was also a FO and we both are on T class fares. Would I be ahead of the couple on the GIDS regardless of timestamp?
Is this part of the new SAT test????????????????
Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Companions cannot be upgraded on T fares. Only Y, B, M, H, Q, or K class are available for Complimentary Companion Upgrades.

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...jsp##companion
Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:48 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Do they hold steadfast to that or are some GA's willing to UG the companion if there are seats available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.