Wiki Posts
Search

Trouble changing seats?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2006, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Trouble changing seats?

Anybody else having trouble changing seats on DL.com this morning? I been trying for a while this morning and I'm getting this message......

We're sorry. We were unable to assign every seat you requested. Those seats are indicated above with a red asterisk.

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Nov 11, 2006 at 9:43 am
Old Nov 11, 2006, 9:56 am

Every Saturday, DL's computers are in flux. Strange things happen. Some seat maps show every seat taken even when the flight is virtually empty.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
We're sorry. We were unable to assign every seat you requested. Those seats are indicated above with a red asterisk.
I have been getting that message for weeks now and the red asterick is always pointing to a DL Connection flight that I didn't change the seat for. In other words, I have a DL Mainline and Connection flight on the same Itin. I change the mainline seat, save and get the above error message with the red asterick. Upon looking at the itin, I see that my DL mainline seat did change and I did not lose my DL connection seat, so it seems it's just a glitch on the website???... this might also be the case if you already have exit row seats that you are not changing.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FTraveler
Every Saturday, DL's computers are in flux. Strange things happen. Some seat maps show every seat taken even when the flight is virtually empty.
Hummm. Sorta like Thursday when I was trying to book a six segment trip and it kept telling me the flights were sold out when the seat map kept showing seats?

That one cost them $1,400 in revenue when I made other plans.......

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Nov 11, 2006 at 10:07 am
Old Nov 11, 2006, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Traveller
I have been getting that message for weeks now and the red asterick is always pointing to a DL Connection flight that I didn't change the seat for. In other words, I have a DL Mainline and Connection flight on the same Itin. I change the mainline seat, save and get the above error message with the red asterick. Upon looking at the itin, I see that my DL mainline seat did change and I did not lose my DL connection seat, so it seems it's just a glitch on the website???... this might also be the case if you already have exit row seats that you are not changing.
Thanks, but I'm on all mailine flights. Of course they all connect through ATL. One good thing though. They were all upgraded at or in the upgrade window, so I'm trying to change from a couple of F bulkhead seats. When I go back into the itn, the seats are not changing.

Strange.....
Old Nov 11, 2006, 10:09 am

Programs: CO Silver; DL FO; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Anybody else having trouble changing seats on DL.com this morning? I been trying for a while this morning and I'm getting this message......

I've had trouble a couple times in the past couple of weeks. SMS has been able to change those seats for me just fine.

Oddly, when it does work I get the second message for any seat that I DIDN'T change, while the changed ones go through fine. Obviously just a display bug, but it's still amusing...

Original: 02A Selected: 02A Current: 02A*
"We're sorry. We were unable to assign every seat you requested. Those seats are indicated above with a red asterisk."
Old Nov 11, 2006, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks to all who responded. My PC and I are not getting along these days and so I wasn't sure if it was on my end. I changed seats this week with no issues so I wasn't sure where the issue was. Guess it is time to call the desk and get them changed....
Old Nov 11, 2006, 10:35 am

Thanks to all who responded. My PC and I are not getting along these days and so I wasn't sure if it was on my end. I changed seats this week with no issues so I wasn't sure where the issue was. Guess it is time to call the desk and get them changed....
Well, at least SMS will let you sit you in the cabin, and not make you sit out on the wing like the delta.com seatmaps show for a wide-body.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Strange..... The service desk can't change the seats either although they show them being open as well. And we are not talking about just one seat here, on every flight the seat map is showing 4 or more seats open and I can't change to any of them. Agents only advice was to call back later and try changing at a later time. I do believe they some serious web site issues as of late....
Old Nov 11, 2006, 11:16 am

Programs: DL GM/MM; AS MVP-G
I believe the issue about the "can't assign some seats" when you didn't really change them came up about the same time dl.com switched the interface for seating.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 11:18 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Hummm. Sorta like Thursday when I was trying to book a six segment trip and it kept telling me the flights were sold out when the seat map kept showing seats?

That one cost them $1,400 in revenue when I made other plans.......
Not all confirmed reservations necessarily have seat assignments so it is very possible that seats can show as being available even though the aircraft is sold out.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 11:25 am
Original Member

It's a MAC thing.

I have been unable to change my seats to EXIT ROW for a few weeks now. It seems to be a problem with the pop up Exit Row Seating questions. I am running SAFARI on a MAC. It will not proceed to the question page but only to the SEATS NOT CHANGED page. When I have access to a PC and Explorer, I can get it done.

Just an FYI.

Hopefully someone in IT will have the forsight to check the compatibility with us creative types with Macs soon.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Not all confirmed reservations necessarily have seat assignments so it is very possible that seats can show as being available even though the aircraft is sold out.
Nope. Fare buckets showed seats as well.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 11:38 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Nope. Fare buckets showed seats as well.
Now you've got me confused because you first said, "the flights were sold out." No issue.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by CALeeIII
I have been unable to change my seats to EXIT ROW for a few weeks now. It seems to be a problem with the pop up Exit Row Seating questions. I am running SAFARI on a MAC. It will not proceed to the question page but only to the SEATS NOT CHANGED page. When I have access to a PC and Explorer, I can get it done.
The exit row questionnaire works for me on a Mac, but I'm running a recent WebKit build which is basically a development release of Safari. You could also try FireFox, Opera, or whatnot.

Interesting to note that the seat selector during purchase does not even display the exit row questionnaire. I don't have any open reservations with free exit rows so I can't test that with the regular version of Safari.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.