Wiki Posts
Search

Trouble changing seats?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2006, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Now you've got me confused because you first said, "the flights were sold out." No issue.
Sorry about that. Two discussions going on in the same thread. I was trying to book a trip last week, and the web site kept telling me that it was sold out, even though the seat map showed seats open as well as fare buckets on expert flyer. The web site did not tell which segment was "sold out" so there was no way to tell which segment was the issue by looking at the above two methods. I then tried changing flights that looked close and kept getting the same error. I simply tired of the game and made other plans.

Second issue is changing seats on a ticket already purchased.

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Nov 11, 2006 at 12:05 pm
Old Nov 11, 2006, 11:56 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Ah ... no issue is 2 issues. I understand now!
Old Nov 11, 2006, 12:02 pm

Programs: CO Silver; DL FO; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
I was trying to book a trip last week, and the web site kept telling me that it was sold out, even though the seat map showed seats open as well as fare buckets on expert flyer. The web site did not tell which segment was "sold out" so there was no way to tell which segment was the issue by looking at the above two methods.
Sounds like there weren't any segments sold out, but rather seats for the entire (or some portion of your) trip. Journey control at work, I do believe.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Hummm. Sorta like Thursday when I was trying to book a six segment trip and it kept telling me the flights were sold out when the seat map kept showing seats?

That one cost them $1,400 in revenue when I made other plans.......
Where were you trying to go that cost $1400?
Old Nov 11, 2006, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by karthik
Sounds like there weren't any segments sold out, but rather seats for the entire (or some portion of your) trip. Journey control at work, I do believe.
Not sure it was JC. My experience with that little jewel is that the segments don't even show up as options to start with.
Originally Posted by Traveller
Where were you trying to go that cost $1400?
CLT/CHO/ROA/FLL/ATL/CLT.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
CLT/CHO/ROA/FLL/ATL/CLT.
You mention being a US Air Plat, wouldn't this itinerary be more logical on US Air?
Old Nov 11, 2006, 3:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Hummm. Sorta like Thursday when I was trying to book a six segment trip and it kept telling me the flights were sold out when the seat map kept showing seats?

That one cost them $1,400 in revenue when I made other plans.......
Sounds like a totally unrelated problem.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Traveller
You mention being a US Air Plat, wouldn't this itinerary be more logical on US Air?
Yes and they were a $1000 for the same trip but times did not work as well. Besides I avoid the new US if at all possible. Last year as a PLT; next year I go to dirt. Going to miss SP by a leg or two.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 2:40 pm

seatmaps list old flight and not current itinerary

Originally Posted by karthik
The exit row questionnaire works for me on a Mac, but I'm running a recent WebKit build which is basically a development release of Safari. You could also try FireFox, Opera, or whatnot.

Interesting to note that the seat selector during purchase does not even display the exit row questionnaire. I don't have any open reservations with free exit rows so I can't test that with the regular version of Safari.
4 of us are on DL to Hawaii in April, originally booked to go BOS-SLC-KOA but the flight from SLC to KOA was cancelled as of Dec or Jan, so they rebooked me SLC-HNL. Seats were all assigned. Then they changed the departure time from SLC by 10 minutes, same flight number and type of aircraft. But the selected seats were gone. When I go to select seats, it doesn't even show the SLC-HNL flight, but the no-longer-existing SLC-KOA flight. And it won't let me access a seat map for that flight, probably because it doesn't exist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.