Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

ANy SSM action/ad planned for April ATL DL Shareholders meeting?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2004, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990

Anything in the works?
Old Feb 10, 2004, 8:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by heckler:
Anything in the works? </font>
Yeah but if we told you we'd have to kill you and everybody who reads this thread. And I'm too busy racking MQM's to handle this grisly task.
Seriously, DL has relented on many of the major issues we had with SM's last year. I know there are still a few issues that bother a few. RJ's are MY primary issue.
I'm curious as to what the other members of this forum think the key issue is we should be pursuing going forward.

Old Feb 10, 2004, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cholula:
Yeah but if we told you we'd have to kill you and everybody who reads this thread. </font>
Maybe we could have a large billboard truck orbiting Virginia Avenue, with a nice graphic montage of the following:

Expensive new uniforms
RJ's
Cramped "Y" seating
Song
Aging BE Cabins
$15.00 "buy your own **** food onboard" sandwiches
A rusty ASA ATR72 - late, no baggage, or broken

Oh yeah, and we could sell hot sauce from the truck!
Old Feb 10, 2004, 8:29 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Don't forget - 100+% MQMs for all flights is still copiously absent.
Old Feb 10, 2004, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I say go for it!!!

The money is there
Old Feb 10, 2004, 9:23 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mikey1003:
I say go for it!!!

The money is there
</font>

Old Feb 10, 2004, 9:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
Don't forget - 100+% MQMs for all flights is still copiously absent.</font>
Correct but I can't really fault this move by DL. Want full MQM's? Cough up a half decent fare. Looking for the absolute lowest cost...then 1/2 MQM's come along with the bargain. I'm usually buy HQK fares at the least and the occasional YBM fare and I honestly don't want a bargain hunter to score the same MQM's for a cheaper fare than I bought. Now I know that many on this board have no choice as to their fares....they HAVE to buy the cheapest available. But you still get full SM's for these fares...just not full elite status MQM's
Not a popular position on this board, I realize, but it's probably the only change DL made to SM's that I really have no argument with.

Old Feb 10, 2004, 9:59 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cholula:
Correct but I can't really fault this move by DL. Want full MQM's? Cough up a half decent fare. Looking for the absolute lowest cost...then 1/2 MQM's come along with the bargain. I'm usually buy HQK fares at the least and the occasional YBM fare and I honestly don't want a bargain hunter to score the same MQM's for a cheaper fare than I bought. Now I know that many on this board have no choice as to their fares....they HAVE to buy the cheapest available. But you still get full SM's for these fares...just not full elite status MQM's
Not a popular position on this board, I realize, but it's probably the only change DL made to SM's that I really have no argument with.

</font>
I can fault them. They could have made insULT fares 100% and upped the rewards from there. The insULT and KQH spread is just too far apart in most of the markets I fly, thus I now fly other carriers.

Even when I pay bigger $$$ for fares on business, I couldn't care less if others are rewarded as much as I am. Most of them don't fly as much as I do.

I hope this MQM decision burns DL big time.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 7:26 am

I haven't received my shareholder meeting info - does anyone know the date? Maybe it would be a good time for a Delta FlyerTalkers/SSM group get together?
Old Feb 11, 2004, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Personally, I'd love to attend an SSM/Delta party! And Atlanta is as good a place as any.

Bruce
Old Feb 11, 2004, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
Personally, I'd love to attend an SSM/Delta party! And Atlanta is as good a place as any.

Bruce
</font>
Is shareholder's meeting in ATL this year?

[This message has been edited by mikey1003 (edited Feb 11, 2004).]
Old Feb 11, 2004, 10:47 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
I hope this MQM decision burns DL big time.</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mikey1003:
I say go for it!!! The money is there</font>
The mandate is clear.
SSM needs to spend every last dollar to insist on full LUT MQMs for Spiff and Mikey.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 10:50 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BertBamboo:
The mandate is clear.
SSM needs to spend every last dollar to insist on full LUT MQMs for Spiff and Mikey.
</font>
I'm so glad we got that settled. Hopefully there will be some $$$ left over for a fifth of whiskey.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BertBamboo:
The mandate is clear.
</font>
Bert, please don't forget about me.

Frankly, a full elite mile for every mile flown would just put DL on par with most FF programs of the majors. What is your problem with that?
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:56 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rssrsvp:
Bert, please don't forget about me.

Frankly, a full elite mile for every mile flown would just put DL on par with most FF programs of the majors. What is your problem with that?
</font>
Cholula had a great post earlier in this thread which addresses you question very well.

Delta has reached the decision that deeply discounted fares do not merit full MQM. Conversely, you get double MQM when you purchase the premium fares. It makes perfect sense.

Buy a full priced car and you get all the bells and whistles. Buy a stripped down version for a lower price and you don't get heated seats, a cd player or the turbo charged engine. No difference in airfares.

Both parties to a transaction have to feel that they get value, and each is free to walk away if they don’t.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.