Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 800 flowers promo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2003, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Location: Washington, DC/Central Pacific Coast of Costa Rica - Los Suenos Resort - Playa Herradura
Programs: Delta Plat/SPG Plat
1 800 flowers promo

cool offer - I bought 400 worth of gift certificates - just got this email from 1800 flowers.com - 400 bucks for domestic first class award ticket - not bad

We want to help you act on your thoughtfulness. As a Delta® SkyMiles member send a gift now and you can earn 3000 Delta SkyMiles. Just enter during checkout promotion code DEL and your SkyMiles membership number to earn 3000 miles** on a minimum purchase of $29.99,* plus 1000 miles for every additional $10 spent.

Hurry! This offer ends December 31, 2003 at midnight! Wish them a bright and sparkling New Year with gifts from our New Year's Celebration or see all of our thoughtful gifts that help you to stay connected! Act now, the clock is ticking and the ball is going to drop to end this extravaganza miles promotion.

Old Dec 30, 2003, 11:52 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
How about a URL to go to? Did you receive that in the email?
Old Dec 30, 2003, 12:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jeffreyt:
How about a URL to go to? Did you receive that in the email? </font>
The URL is www.1800flowers.com

"As a Delta® SkyMiles member send a gift now and you can earn 3000 Delta SkyMiles. Just enter during checkout promotion code DEL and your SkyMiles membership number to earn 3000 miles** on a minimum purchase of $29.99,* plus 1000 miles for every additional $10 spent.

"Hurry! This offer ends December 31, 2003 at midnight!"

The asterisks tell you that it does not apply to delivery charges and will take about 8 weeks to post.

It seems a bit ridiculous that to buy SkyMiles you have to pay $27.50 per thousand, plus a $25 processing fee per transaction and 7.5% tax while here you get them at $10 per thousand while also sending flowers.

Old Dec 30, 2003, 12:10 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Is there a limit? Anyone know if this is available with other airlines?
Old Dec 30, 2003, 12:18 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
This is awesome ... I'm going to be ordering flowers for birthdays and such for all of next year!
Old Dec 30, 2003, 1:19 pm
Jib

Programs: DL 5MM+/FC/DM through 2022, UA PEX, Marriott PPMLT, Starwood PM, Hertz PM
It is not 1,000 per $10.00, but 100 per $10.00.

"1-800-FLOWERS.COM® is pleased to offer miles to Delta SkyMiles® members with every purchase. Choose from our expanded selection of flowers, plants, gift baskets, chocolates, or distinctive gifts to start earning miles today.

Earn 300 miles on purchases of $29.99* and an additional 100 miles for each additional $10.00 spent, with promotion code 43M.

Silver & Gold Members earn 50 bonus miles with Promotion Code 43S.

Platinum Members earn 100 bonus miles with Promotion Code 43P.
Please be sure to enter promotion code 43M, 43S, or 43P and your membership number during the checkout to earn your miles."
Old Dec 30, 2003, 1:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jib:
[B]It is not 1,000 per $10.00, but 100 per $10.00."

That is the usual offer. The 1000 miles is a special offer and the order must be placed by midnight, Dec. 31.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 1:59 pm

I just placed 4 orders that came to less than $200 with delivery and taxes (one order sent to Florida had taxes) and will get 15,000 Delta miles ... sweet ...

If I was a shareholder in 1-800-Flowers I'd be worried ... very worried ... sure looks like they're trying to buy revenues, costs be ****ed, at the end of a quarter.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 2:17 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Beckles:
If I was a shareholder in 1-800-Flowers I'd be worried ... very worried ... sure looks like they're trying to buy revenues, costs be ****ed, at the end of a quarter.</font>
Except that with gift certificates, the revenue is likely not recognized until the certificate is used. Instead, the sale is booked as deferred revenue.

Just a guess. Can accountants confirm?
Old Dec 30, 2003, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Yes, but someone uses the certificate right away, then it becomes real revenue. BUT, who cares about that. Does anyone have a REAL link, since the one above goes to the HOME page and I do not see anything about Delta there.

I can find the NORMAL promo that uses different codes, but can not find the one that uses the DEL code mentioned above.

Or, is this a scam?
(edited Dec 30, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by NoStressHere (edited Dec 30, 2003).]
Old Dec 30, 2003, 2:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sonofapilotman:
cool offer - I bought 400 worth of gift certificates - just got this email from 1800 flowers.com - 400 bucks for domestic first class award ticket - not bad
</font>
This is a great deal, but are you sure Gift Certificates will count?
Old Dec 30, 2003, 2:27 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NoStressHere:
Or, is this a scam?</font>
I received this offer by email, so while I can understand your reluctance to trust someone with 3 posts, take my word for it that I received it, here's the full text of the offer:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">The holiday season is almost over but connecting with family and friends is what makes the holidays such a special time of year. I am sure you can think of two or three more people you still want to reach out and connect with before the year ends. Say Thank You, to the holiday host! Get a jump start on all those January Birthdays or Anniversaries, that are coming up. Or simply "Just Because" you want to spoil someone special — like yourself!

We want to help you act on your thoughtfulness. As a Delta® SkyMiles member send a gift now and you can earn 3000 Delta SkyMiles. Just enter during checkout promotion code DEL and your SkyMiles membership number to earn 3000 miles** on a minimum purchase of $29.99,* plus 1000 miles for every additional $10 spent.

Hurry! This offer ends December 31, 2003 at midnight! Wish them a bright and sparkling New Year with gifts from our New Year's Celebration or see all of our thoughtful gifts that help you to stay connected! Act now, the clock is ticking and the ball is going to drop to end this extravaganza miles promotion.

Jim McCann
Call 1-800-FLOWERS® (1-800-356-9377) or Click (www.1800flowers.com) Today!
AOL Keyword: 1800flowers

Offer valid through 12/31/03.</font>
It does not indicate it's targeted (I have ordered from 1-800-Flowers and received SkyMiles before, which is maybe why I received the offer I would guess).
Old Dec 30, 2003, 2:29 pm

BTW, there's actually a link in the email to forward it to a friend ... if anyone would like it forwarded, just email me at mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A> and I'll send it to you.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 2:30 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dovster:
"As a Delta® SkyMiles member send a gift now and you can earn 3000 Delta SkyMiles. Just enter during checkout promotion code DEL and your SkyMiles membership number to earn 3000 miles** on a minimum purchase of $29.99,* plus 1000 miles for every additional $10 spent.

The asterisks tell you that it does not apply to delivery charges...
</font>
If it does not apply to delivery charges, do we know that it does apply to gift certificates? Can't gift certificates cover delivery charges when they are used anyway?
Old Dec 30, 2003, 2:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andymo99:
Except that with gift certificates, the revenue is likely not recognized until the certificate is used. Instead, the sale is booked as deferred revenue.

Just a guess. Can accountants confirm?
</font>
Personally I wouldn't count on gift certificates being eligible for this offer, though they're not explicitly excluded. I wouldn't want to be fighting over that after the fact myself ...

I don't know how that would work either since they encourage you to send flowers in January, it would seem to me the should probably account for the revenue when an item is sent and delivered, but I have to wonder. It just seems awfully suspicious they sent this offer out and it's only good for two days and it looks to be a dead-bang money-loser for the company.

Even worse, I could see them accounting for the revenue this quarter but not accounting for mileage expenses until next quarter ... maybe I'm just too cynical after all the recent accounting scandals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.