Wiki Posts
Search

India Call Center Gems!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2007, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by J-M
You showed up quick this time. Do you have an e-mail alert set for everytime the word "India" is mentioned.

To the OP (and anyone else who doesn't want to get the ICC), just press the button for International Reservations, you'll get connected to the USA and they'll be happy to help you with your domestic trip.
I don't think I need to justify myself, but I've given up commenting on Indian call center posts. There are just too many xenophobic morons in the world and here on FT and I don't have the time. There are certainly many legitimate complaints that can be made about DL's Indian call center operation. This is hardly one of them. As someone else asked upthread, what kind of idiot gives a CC number to check availability? I would bet dollars to doughnuts that she bought the ticket, changed her mind, and blamed the ever-convenient Indian call center for her own mistake.

If the OP had this experience first-hand, and had a credible posting history, it would be a different situation.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 7:19 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alamo Quicksilver, Clear Pass.
One of the nice perks of making Medallion was being able to talk to a trained, motivated and empowered Delta customer service rep at SMS.

Although my ICC experience had not been as extreme as quoted in the article, it had been frustrating each time I needed to call. SMS isn't perfect, but it's definitely a big step up.

Given that this board is dominated by people who have a choice in calling the general phone number or SMS, it's somewhat haughty to criticize non-elites that have issues with the ICC.

Really - when was the last time you saw a post like "I called SMS, they were worthless, so I called the ICC and got what I wanted"?
Old Dec 20, 2007, 7:39 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
I've had a recent problem with DL India call center after our luggage didn't arrive with us. The agent kept referring to a future PHX flt instead of our completed IND trip and I never mentioned PHX in the initial conversation. After nearly 15 minutes of trying to find our bags I hung up and drove to the airport.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I think we should make this a sticky (seriously) to give people a place to rant about the ICC. Then we wouldn't have to put up with new threads on this topic on a daily basis.

And people complain about the clutter of threads on the lack of SkySaver availability ...

Originally Posted by ScubaDoobieDoo
Really - when was the last time you saw a post like "I called SMS, they were worthless, so I called the ICC and got what I wanted"?
I'm not sure what the relevance is. However, that would be news and worthy of a thread.

And SMS is extremely average compared to many other domestic airlines.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by J-M
You showed up quick this time. Do you have an e-mail alert set for everytime the word "India" is mentioned.
LOL, I PM'ed him. Seriously.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL PM & Kryptonium, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Been there, done that.
I had so many problems in the past with the Indian call center, I just hung up and called again. I simply cannot understand them on the phone. I spoke with Delta Atlanta HQ Customer Service several times and they agreed they had several complaints and were hoping to resolve the problem in the future. The manager I spoke with said it was part of "cost savings", but they realized the grief it caused cost them a lot of business at the same time.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by vasantn
I think we should make this a sticky (seriously) to give people a place to rant about the ICC. Then we wouldn't have to put up with new threads on this topic on a daily basis.

And people complain about the clutter of threads on the lack of SkySaver availability ...

I'm not sure what the relevance is. However, that would be news and worthy of a thread.
In case you haven't noticed, FT has, by and large, become nothing more than a place to b!tch and rant about every conceivable inconvenience, real or imagined. Certainly, there is still the occasional nugget that one can use to improve their earn / burn experience, but you generally have to dig deep on page one to find them.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by DLfan
...FT has, by and large, become nothing more than a place to b!tch and rant .....
True.... but you have to admit, the head bopping thread is cute.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL GM SkyClub; Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HILTON DIAMOND
Delta NEEDS a baggage line for medallions so we don't have to talk to the indians . . . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SR
Old Dec 20, 2007, 9:02 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, back to DL base awaiting the eventual elevation to DL PM
Originally Posted by RamAir
Delta NEEDS a baggage line for medallions so we don't have to talk to the indians . . . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SR
They aren't worthy of capitalization?
Old Dec 21, 2007, 1:43 am

Programs: DL FO...ex-PM, GM...does it really even matter these days? LOL...
Originally Posted by rayraf
I spoke with Delta Atlanta HQ Customer Service several times and they agreed they had several complaints and were hoping to resolve the problem in the future. The manager I spoke with said it was part of "cost savings"
Obviously!!! And the cost savings is quite significant.. and the complaint ratio is probably 1-2%. This is a no-brainer.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 6:30 am

3-2-1 closing shortly. Get your last rants in! To keep it on topic. The call center sucks, but neither here nor there. Occassionally when I call and either I mistype my info or the system misrecognizies it, my call goes to India. They have been very good about transferring me to SMS, even without my asking. If I do get India, I'll give them a chance to take care of my call. If they give me wrong info, I ask to be transferred.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by El Boocho
3-2-1 closing shortly. Get your last rants in!

How did you guess?

Seriously people, how many of these Indian call center threads must the moderators close before you get the hint. @:-)

For the record, if there was anything of substance that should still be discussed this thread would still be open.

RSSrsvp - Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.