Community
Wiki Posts
Search

India Call Center Gems!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2004, 6:40 pm

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by outtolunch:
We're discussing jobs that can and want to do here.</font>
Do and want to job. Discussing can!

Old Mar 19, 2004, 6:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Pointfreak!:
Do and want to job. Discussing can!

</font>
Oopps. You know what I meant
Old Mar 19, 2004, 7:58 pm
Suspended

I couldn't care less what these Democrats have to say!!!! They are the Communist who have no idea how to run a Nation.

I am sick and tired of bleeding heart liberals looking to blame President Bush and every other Republican for their heartaches and problems. They have created their own problems by needing someone else to tell them what they need. They are probably took hooked on Paxil or Zoloft to even know what they think.

Look at the loser John (Bring It On) Kerry. Talk about a pussy communist. He is right there with Hanoi Jane!!! All I can say is get the Hell out of here you SOB.

Meanwhile, we've got foreign Terrorist here in our country using our milk and honey to kill us!!

WAKE UP FOLKS!!!!!

Old Mar 19, 2004, 8:08 pm
Suspended

Would those who condem outsourcing pay more for their airline ticket/credit card/etc to have US based customer service?
Old Mar 19, 2004, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by milemaker:
I couldn't care less what these Democrats have to say!!!! They are the Communist who have no idea how to run a Nation.

I am sick and tired of bleeding heart liberals looking to blame President Bush and every other Republican for their heartaches and problems. They have created their own problems by needing someone else to tell them what they need. They are probably took hooked on Paxil or Zoloft to even know what they think.

Look at the loser John (Bring It On) Kerry. Talk about a pussy communist. He is right there with Hanoi Jane!!! All I can say is get the Hell out of here you SOB.

Meanwhile, we've got foreign Terrorist here in our country using our milk and honey to kill us!!

WAKE UP FOLKS!!!!!

</font>

Joe Namath wore panty hose...and he liked it!

Old Mar 19, 2004, 8:26 pm
Suspended

You're right Joe Namath wore panty hose. Hoewver, I'm not sure, nor qualified to know his preference.

However, what I do know is he likes his BOOZE. So do I!!!! Therefore, I couldn't care less what you or others think. What I do know, is I KNOW BEST!!!

Simple solutions for Simple problems. I am a simple man with an answer. Cheers!!!!
Old Mar 19, 2004, 8:26 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
milemaker, do you have a therapist?

There are very good support programs out there, you know.

------------------
"It was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity..."
Old Mar 19, 2004, 8:37 pm
Suspended

I AGREE WITH MILEMAKER, WHO CARES WHO WEARS
PANTY HOSE EVEN CLINTON STRARTED THE DONT ASK DON'T ASK DON'T TELL SO SHUT YOUR ... UP. IF KERRY GET'S IN, I AM GOING TO AUSTRALIA AM GOING TO HOMESTEAD. ALL LIBS CAN KISS MY REAR END.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 8:39 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Robert Leach:
I abhor outsourcing as much as anybody. I absolutely hate it.
government regulate this? How?
</font>
I would like to know how one feels, if other countries stop outsourcing their boeings, coke, nike, fords, microsofts, dells and F-16s too..
Old Mar 19, 2004, 8:41 pm

There is IBM in Bs.As (EZE) big mama bldg, next to it is Sun; another Bdlg, and next to it a Bell Co..... There is also IBM in London - Impressive bldg... There is also IBM in Mumbai,India;Beiging,China,Tokyo,Japan....

IBM Bangalore is hiring faster than IBM, Texas .....or for the matter any Global Corp. After all the current gummint gave taxbreaks and incentives to globalize/invest/expand internationally ..... KBR without a bid
Old Mar 19, 2004, 8:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I thought I stumbled into OMNI. Time to go back to the civilized world of American Airlines.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Back to the topic of Delta's Inida reservationists: I support the outsourcing of wicker basket, rice and porcellain production to other countries, if they can do a better job. I am sure Indian organic rice might taste better than that ADM GM crap and have more nutrients, China-made porcellain would incorporate centuries of tradition and skill, and Sri Lankan wicker baskets will be cultural artwork in addition to a consumer good.

Most of the Indian reps that are now working for 50 cents/hour at the Delta call center have probably never flown on a plane before, much less on a US airline. When they spent many weeks in training, they weren't told about the great Detroit snowstorm, about which seats on the plane are good and bad, about how travel was disrupted after 9/11, about what it is like to seek an airplane ticket to someone's funeral on a moments notice. These people have never had a frequent flyer account, never could even dream about taking a trip to Paris in Business with their loved one for their Silver anniversary.

I don't care if they have PhDs in Microbiology, Linguistics or Economics - now matter how educated they are, Indian representatives likely lack the lifeskills that most American travellers (not to mention, road warriors) have acquired over the years. The assistance, which they provide, is sterile at best - it mimics a machine - so their functions could very well be replaced by expanding the website functionality.

DL's plans have been to quickly train agents in India, fire the US agents (or just quit hiring) and reap the big bucks on that 50c vs $9/hour pay difference. Dear Delta, a 4-week training course in some cublicle classroom is not enough to compensate for the 20 years of real-life travel experience the American counterparts of these agents posess. So take your SGB and shove it.

Yes, I am paying more for the privilege of dealing with a US airline that has not yet outsourced reservations. For my recent trip to London I paid a $35 premium to fly Northwest over Delta, on a longer routing. Not to mention, I credit my miles to WorldPerks now, and the agents in small-town Minnesota are a lot friendlier than the Indian ones.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by milemaker:
I Democrats... are the Communist who have no idea how to run a Nation </font>
Having had the pleasure of growing up in a communist dictatorship, I would like to assure you that most democrats are not communists It might interest you, that when I vote in my native country's elections, I always vote for the most conservative party (something like Pat Buchanan or George Bush) because I am sick of the ex-commies promising free prosperity for all, while at the same time pulling an 'Enron' by privatizing everything lucrative by buying it up for pennies under the table.

I am quite conservative, I assure you - I am a firm believer in market economics, free enterprise, and limited bureaucracy and government intervention. However, I am not an anarchist (or, as they call themselves, libertarian) - and hence I believe that some social aspects should be preserved in our government set-up. The US Democratic party is fiscally conservative and it ain't to liberal on social issues either - it is quite comparable to the German Christian-Democarts or the Conservatives in Britain. With the exception of Senator McCain, the majority of Republicans in this country are way off to the right in the political spectrum for any European-grown citizen to choose... sorry
Old Mar 19, 2004, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Europes' politics have got nothing to do with it!!!!

Europeans are far more liberal in all parties than those in the USA. Therefore, comparing parties is useless.

What we know is Demcrats in the USA equals communist, period!!! Republicans equals, conservative, period!!! And Indpendent equals, I'm too niave or stupid to chose a party and flip flop every 4 years!!!

Old Mar 19, 2004, 9:22 pm
Suspended

I HAVE BEEN VOTING SINCE THE PEANUT LIB.
I DO NOT NEED A DOT TELLING OR LEADING TO THE FACT THAT THE CONSERVATIVES ARE WRONG RIGHT WING. THE DAY THE THIS COUNTY HAS TO LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE NEVER CONTRIBUTED OR FOUGHT FOR THE FREEDOMS THAT MOST AMERICANS HOLD DEAR IS THE DAY THAT WOULD SHOULD SEND UP THE WHITE FLAG.

Old Mar 19, 2004, 9:27 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
With the topic at hand - and where the discussion was going, I guess it was only a matter of (short) time before the troll of the day registered and ruined the thread for good.

May I suggest that the monitors close this thread as I am sure we are going to get plenty of this prior to the U.S. election, however, do not necessarily wish to pick it up in FT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.